Author Topic: 2012 draft redo (year of 2nd round prospects)  (Read 3647 times)

Re: 2012 draft redo (year of 2nd round prospects)
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 12:34:32 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
No one disagrees D. Green is the third best player of the draft
On the fence about whether I'd take him 2nd ahead of Lillard.

I think I would.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 12:41:21 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

I think I would.
I'd go Davis, Drummond, Lillard as the top 3 and wouldn't give it much hesitation at all.  I'm not sure I'd even take Green 4th.  He is great in his role in GS, but I'm not sure how well his game would transfer to a team that needs him to be more than a super glue type guy. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 01:03:06 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I think I would.
I'd go Davis, Drummond, Lillard as the top 3 and wouldn't give it much hesitation at all.  I'm not sure I'd even take Green 4th.  He is great in his role in GS, but I'm not sure how well his game would transfer to a team that needs him to be more than a super glue type guy.

Drummond over d. Green? I don't know about that

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 01:10:27 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Based on needs I can see a shuffle of draft spots. But I can't complain at the list. Too many guys are still inconsistent or suffered injuries to get crazy on where they would go. Good effort on doing one tp

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2016, 01:10:27 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
I've seen a couple of these type threads, and was just thinking it would be cool to see a redo draft each year for Ainge's entire tenure with adding the original draft slots.  It would be lots of work and research if anyone has the time.  Lol it would give a greater perspective of how well Ainge has drafted.

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2016, 01:49:02 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I think I would.

Yeah, that was the other side of the fence I was wondering about. The far side. Is Draymond below Drummond as well as Lillard?

I think Draymond Green's defense and rebounding translate well to any team. I think his scoring has improved enough now that he would be a solid 10-15ppg threat on most teams. I do wonder how well his ball-handling and playmaking would translate though. Is he more of a 3-4apg or 4-5apg on most other teams? Rather than a 6-8apg guy? Does Draymond get the ball enough on other teams to do what he is now on GSW (in terms of playmaking)?

How high then to rank Drummond? His defense has improved but still has a fair bit to go before he is an All-Defense guy. Very much an achievable target for him though. Top rebounder. Offensive game showing some growth. Has a little bit of a post game now. Non-passer. Non-shooter.

Tough decision. Undecided .... but leaning towards Draymond at #2.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:06:05 PM by Who »

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2016, 01:59:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I think I would.

Yeah, that was the other side of the fence I was wondering about. The far side. Is Draymond below Drummond as well as Lillard?

I think Draymond Green's defense and rebounding translate well to any team. I think his scoring has improved enough now that he would be a solid 10-15ppg threat on most teams. I do wonder how well his ball-handling and playmaking would translate though. Is he more of a 3-4apg on most other teams? Does Draymond get the ball enough on other teams to do what he is now on GSW?

How high then to rank Drummond? His defense has improved but still has a fair bit to go before he is an All-Defense guy. Very much an achievable target for him though. Top rebounder. Offensive game showing some growth. Has a little bit of a post game now. Non-passer. Non-shooter.

? D. Green is a really good ball handler and passer for a FWD

As good as Lebron imo

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2016, 02:08:37 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199

I think I would.

Drummond over d. Green? I don't know about that
I dunno, I'm more concerned he's putting Lillard 3rd! That guy is criminally underrated. IMO he's challenging Davis for number 1 overall. Davis probably gets it because everyone loves size but Lillard is a top-5 PG in this league and arguably has more upside still to be tapped

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2016, 02:12:16 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I think I would.

I think Draymond Green's defense and rebounding translate well to any team. I think his scoring has improved enough now that he would be a solid 10-15ppg threat on most teams. I do wonder how well his ball-handling and playmaking would translate though. Is he more of a 3-4apg on most other teams? Does Draymond get the ball enough on other teams to do what he is now on GSW?

As good as Lebron imo

I am wondering more whether ...

Golden State has excellent spacing and team passing. Very unselfish team. Lot of movement. That helps to create a lot of opportunities for Draymond Green to utilize his ball-handling and passing to a greater effect.

I am wondering if there is a drop-off from that if he was on a different team. Most teams do not (cannot) share the ball as well as Golden State do. Or have such talented shooters to space the floor as well as GSW do. Creating less opportunities.

But how much less?

How much can Draymond Green be relied upon to produce on a different team? Say OKC? Or Chicago? Toronto? Portland? Houston? Orlando? Miami? Detroit? LA Clippers? .... Across those variety of different situations - how are Green's opportunities effected? To what extent will he be able to utilize his skills?

Does Draymond Green turn into more of a 3-4apg or 4-5apg guy on those teams rather than the 6-8apg guy he currently is in GSW?

Or can he continue to be a 6-8apg on most of those other various teams / situations?

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2016, 02:21:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

I think I would.

As good as Lebron imo

I am wondering more whether ...

Golden State has excellent spacing and team passing. Very unselfish team. Lot of movement. That helps to create a lot of opportunities for Draymond Green to utilize his ball-handling and passing to a greater effect.

I am wondering if there is a drop-off from that if he was on a different team. Most teams do not (cannot) share the ball as well as Golden State do. Or have such talented shooters to space the floor as well as GSW do. Creating less opportunities.

But how much less?

How much can Draymond Green be relied upon to produce on a different team? Say OKC? Or Chicago? Toronto? Portland? Houston? Orlando? Miami? Detroit? LA Clippers? .... Across those variety of different situations - how are Green's opportunities effected? To what extent will he be able to utilize his skills?

Does Draymond Green turn into more of a 3-4apg or 4-5apg guy on those teams rather than the 6-8apg guy he currently is in GSW?

Or can he continue to be a 6-8apg on most of those other various teams / situations?

I see your points

We might never know. Can draymond green score enough points on his own so that he can demand attention (not on GSW) then be able to utilize his passing skills to the fullest

Green and GSW could be a possible perfect marriage

Though you could say the same thing about crowder and the Celtics