Author Topic: 2011 Clippers pick could be 2011 Wolves Pick  (Read 7406 times)

Re: 2011 Clippers pick could be 2011 Wolves Pick
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 08:12:16 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
Just to clarify do we need both the Clippers and the Wolves to finish outside of the top ten next year or just the Clippers? If the Clippers finish outside of the top ten but the twolves don't, do we get the twolves pick, Do we get the clips pick, or do we still have to wait?

They way I am reading it is we need one of the Clippers or the Wolves to finish outside the top 10 next year. If that happens we get a 1st rounder. The condition is that we get the lower of the two picks if one or both of them finishes outside the top 10.

« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 08:15:11 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Just to clarify do we need both the Clippers and the Wolves to finish outside of the top ten next year or just the Clippers? If the Clippers finish outside of the top ten but the twolves don't, do we get the twolves pick, Do we get the clips pick, or do we still have to wait?

What bruinsandceltics said.

To further simplify:

If Twolves finish in the bottom-10 but Clippers don't, we get the Clippers pick.

If Clippers finish in the bottom-10 but Twolves don't, we get the Twolves pick.

If Clippers and Twolves both finish in the bottom-10, the pick rolls over until the following season.

If Clippers and Twolves both finish outside the bottom-10, we get the worse of the two picks.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 09:01:18 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

What bruinsandceltics said.

To further simplify:

If Twolves finish in the bottom-10 but Clippers don't, we get the Clippers pick.

If Clippers finish in the bottom-10 but Twolves don't, we get the Twolves pick.

If Clippers and Twolves both finish in the bottom-10, the pick rolls over until the following season.

If Clippers and Twolves both finish outside the bottom-10, we get the worse of the two picks.

I find it odd that people are just now realizing this (not saying you, Roy).

Basically, the best this pick can be is #11, but, could also be far higher (unlikely).  Furthermore, we may not even receive it until 2016 (when it becomes unprotected).  Reality is, this pick probably won't be all that great.

Also, I'm not quite sure about us getting the Minny pick under any circumstances.
According to RealGM:
The Los Angeles Clippers' own 2012 first round draft pick to Boston via Oklahoma City (top 10 protected in the 2012 draft, top 10 protected in 2013, top 10 protected in 2014, top 10 protected in 2015 and unprotected in the 2016 Draft). In addition, if the Los Angeles Clippers are required to send their 2012 first round pick pursuant to the above and are also entitled to receive Minnesota's own 2012 first round draft, then Boston via Oklahoma City shall receive the lesser of the Los Angeles Clippers' own 2012 first round pick and Minnesota's own 2012 first round pick. [L.A. Clippers -Oklahoma City, 6/24/2010 and then Boston - Oklahoma City, 2/24/2011]

Minnesota owes LAC their 1st rd pick next year no matter what.  So, as I read it, the only way we get Minny's pick is if LAC owes us their pick (meaning LAC's pick is outside the top 10) AND Minny's pick is higher than whatever LAC'S ends up being.  In other words, if LAC's pick is in the top 10, we don't get any pick, regardless of where Minny's pick is.

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2011, 02:45:37 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
i actually think the Wolves might make playoffs if not fight the clippers to get the 8th seed...

however, i hope we end up getting the high draft pick for 2012...i want this andre drummond kid!

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2011, 07:54:47 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Thanks for the clarification.

I think we have a good chance of getting the clips pick

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 08:56:22 AM »

Offline jc3celticsphan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 20
am praying clippers get iggy and rubio makes wolves better