Author Topic: Suns (5-5) at Celtics (3-5) Game #9 11/17/14  (Read 63729 times)

Re: Suns (5-5) at Celtics (3-5) Game #9 11/17/14
« Reply #465 on: November 17, 2014, 10:27:14 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
I couldn't watch most of the game tonight. Did Kelly suffer an injury or something? The box score claims he only played 13 minutes.   ???

We watched a lot of Bass  ::)

« Reply #466 on: November 17, 2014, 10:27:40 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
AB has to go.

Bradley was a +2.
Rondo was a -10.
Bradley committed 2 turnovers.
Rondo committed 5 turnovers.

Bradley had the biggest turnover of the game.
plus minus stats are irrelevant.

Only to an idiot.

You really think plus minus is all that?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's all I gotta say.

« Reply #467 on: November 17, 2014, 10:28:27 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
The Celtics are a bad, young team in the process of rebuilding.  Bad, young, rebuilding teams tend to have issues with closing out games.  It's not that complex an issue, honestly.

Bad, young, rebuilding teams don't regularly build double-digit leads against even good teams.  And Boston was pretty bad and pretty young last season but was playing defense a lot better than this.

Bad, young, rebuilding teams lose close games but they more often lose decisively or get blown out.  They don't really look like these Celtics.

Mike

« Reply #468 on: November 17, 2014, 10:29:05 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
I couldn't watch most of the game tonight. Did Kelly suffer an injury or something? The box score claims he only played 13 minutes.   ???

bad game. didn't start second half. second run was bad too. when he isnt involved in the offense he doesnt get a flow.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #469 on: November 17, 2014, 10:29:34 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
So I didn't read this whole 31-page thread but it occurs to me that we're losing games on purpose. If that's what's happening then I'm actually more excited about this brand of tanking than the Sixers brand. At least we have a watchable product for 90% of the game. At the end of close games we give the ball to Rondo. He bobbles it (unlike him), shoots a 3 (unlike him) or clangs free throws (totally in his wheelhouse) to make the close games fun for fans but ultimately lose and score an organizational victory. It makes for fun TV and it's an okay message to possible free agents, "Hey, we're right there with the great teams, just need 1 more piece!"

So call me crazy, I could just be reading what I want in to these games. Losing close games to the Suns, Cavs, Raptors and possibly Mavericks and winning against the Bulls without Rondo there to orchestrate the bobble makes me suspect we've got a very fan-friendly strategy.

I watched the Phoenix game. Our fans were in to it from start to finish. I've also watched a Sixers game. Totally different atmospheres.

So watch the close games this year and see how many Rondo throws away like wrapping paper. I'm personally very pleased we might have a star smart enough to play this game. I know others will certainly disagree.

« Reply #470 on: November 17, 2014, 10:30:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
The Celtics are a bad, young team in the process of rebuilding.  Bad, young, rebuilding teams tend to have issues with closing out games.  It's not that complex an issue, honestly.

Bad, young, rebuilding teams don't regularly build double-digit leads against even good teams.  And Boston was pretty bad and pretty young last season but was playing defense a lot better than this.

Bad, young, rebuilding teams lose close games but they more often lose decisively or get blown out.  They don't really look like these Celtics.

Mike

If this is true ....it's an indication of leadership and ......ah coaching malady

« Reply #471 on: November 17, 2014, 10:31:10 PM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes

he was benched. Foul issues.  Suns players were driving in on the celts all night long and KO/Sully had issues preventing shots from going in. Bass and Zeller did a better job

Thanks for the info!  I kind of freaked out for a second when I saw the box score, haha.

I guess foul issues are better than injury issues    :D
I trust Danny Ainge

« Reply #472 on: November 17, 2014, 10:31:27 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
AB has to go.

Bradley was a +2.
Rondo was a -10.

Only to an idiot.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's all I gotta say.

No, what you said was that plus and minus was irrelevant.

Now you are changing your tune.

It's a great stat because it's the only stat that includes team offense and team defense.

Rondo can't defend.

« Reply #473 on: November 17, 2014, 10:33:14 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I couldn't watch most of the game tonight. Did Kelly suffer an injury or something? The box score claims he only played 13 minutes.

We had a bad case of unathleticitis tonight.   At times, Sully and KO looked unable to run with the bigs on the other team.   Zeller could though.

« Reply #474 on: November 17, 2014, 10:34:56 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Wow----our point guard is shooting like 30% from the line...and refuses to play defense.

Jeff Green is playing his way out of town one way or another---Someone will overpay more than we did for him.

At least Zeller is great....86% shooting from the FIELD....Great hands---and he's a really good shooter from outside---he just hasn't taken any outside of 8 feet.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #475 on: November 17, 2014, 10:35:59 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
AB has to go.

Bradley was a +2.
Rondo was a -10.

Only to an idiot.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's all I gotta say.

No, what you said was that plus and minus was irrelevant.

Now you are changing your tune.

It's a great stat because it's the only stat that includes team offense and team defense.

Rondo can't defend.

Not changing my tune, I still think plus minus is irrelevant.

Bradley can't pass, dribble, and has a low basketball IQ and makes 1 good play out of 10.

Irrelevant.

« Reply #476 on: November 17, 2014, 10:36:34 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
AB gave the game away on that last pass, there is no doubt about it. I am p---ed.

Even though I am ticked with that turnover. AB had a good game until that moment.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #477 on: November 17, 2014, 10:36:42 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2020
We gotta start winning games.  Not just for the sake of our record, but to stop some of these ridiculous over-reactionary threads.  Just the nature of sports message boards though.

« Reply #478 on: November 17, 2014, 10:37:03 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
perhaps this stat supports this point. of the celtics' 9 games, 6 have been decided by 5 points or less. amazingly, they do seem to be competitive so far, but inconsistency tips the scale against them more often than not it seems.

a crude analysis, but it is late and tomorrow is another research day.  :)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #479 on: November 17, 2014, 10:37:31 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

Mike

If this is true ....it's an indication of leadership and ......ah coaching malady

You've clearly got to give Stevens credit for how good the team looks at times but they've got to, at some point, stop losing winnable games like they repeatedly did last season and so far this year.

Mike