Author Topic: Red Sox Trade Betts + Price To The Dodgers  (Read 45157 times)

Re: Red Sox Trade Betts + Price To The Dodgers (3rd Team Could Be Involved)
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2020, 10:08:19 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
I might need to boycott the Sox this year. I usually go to a half dozen games a year. Follow them daily. Watch probably 100 games a year. Buy merch.

That is all going to have to end for a while. Hate everything about this Sox off season.

- Owners cry poverty
- They HAVE to get out from under luxury tax so trade a 27 year old MVP.
- In that deal they send out tens of millions of dollars so they don't pay tens of millions in luxury tax.
- They also sent out arguably their best pitcher.
- They had to fire their manager because he is a cheater
- MLB is hinting they have concrete cheating evidence on the Sox
- The bus left to Florida and the team doesn't have a manager
- They can't just promote someone from the clubhouse because they could be implicated in the cheating scandal
- It's going to be hard to hire someone so close to the season that's any good because what new manager wants to come in and have to use someone else's coaching staff
- If they are nabbed for cheating you can kiss a whole bunch of top draft picks goodbye.

Is there any more crap I can pile on top of all that crap?

But hey, at least the Fenway Group will make another $350 million in profit again this year. Yay!!!!

Couldn’t have said it better... haven’t been this upset over a move in a long time.

It’s just mind boggling that a big market team in a league with no salary cap has to trade an MVP caliber player in his prime to get under the tax, knowing full well when they hired Dombrowski and signed off on his moves they’d be over the tax.

Just so incompetent, and it’s now cost us our best home grown talent.

« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2020, 10:13:13 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
If that's seriously it, then honestly I might just not care about the Red Sox for a while. Call me a "fairweather fan" or whatever, I don't care. I like Verdugo + Graterol, but if that's ALL we get for Betts and paying HALF of Price's deal... SMH

https://twitter.com/ChrisCotillo/status/1224886419006599168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1224886419006599168&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.overthemonster.com%2F2020%2F2%2F4%2F21123535%2Fboston-red

Too many people to credit, but it looks like this is the deal:

Red Sox get: OF Alex Verdugo, RHP Brusdar Graterol
Dodgers get: OF Mookie Betts, LHP David Price, cash
Twins get: RHP Kenta Maeda
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2020, 10:16:37 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yankees ownership must be laughing at us right now.

27 years old, great teammate and person, hit for average and power, excellent base runner, could bat lead off or clean up, elite defender

Traded to dump David Price’s contract, despite Price still being a viable starter.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2020, 10:17:30 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If that's seriously it, then honestly I might just not care about the Red Sox for a while. Call me a "fairweather fan" or whatever, I don't care. I like Verdugo + Graterol, but if that's ALL we get for Betts and paying HALF of Price's deal... SMH

https://twitter.com/ChrisCotillo/status/1224886419006599168?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1224886419006599168&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.overthemonster.com%2F2020%2F2%2F4%2F21123535%2Fboston-red

Sorry, can't call you fairweather fan. We have one on this site already. It would be just way too confusing.

Offline MaxAMillion

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 16
4 titles in 16 years for an organization that had not won a title in 80 plus years. Yeah ownership doesn’t know what they are doing. Almost every organization in American sports would take that.

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2020, 10:20:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Sorry, can't call you fairweather fan. We have one on this site already. It would be just way too confusing.

Fine. Just ban the other one then

:laugh:

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Friend of mine just sent me a text of the trade. His phone autocorrected on him.

Apparently for Betts and Price, the Sox got Vertigo and Gatorade

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Giants fan here, and I hate what the Boston Red Sox did here. Mainly because they made the rival team stronger

Alex Verdugo is a nice prospect, seen him play a lot during the season, he could be good. Not Mookie Betts good, but good. I have no idea how good the pitching prospect is. With that said, that's not enough of a return. You'd think the Sox could get another top prospect from the Dodgers farm system for an MVP player that they 100% going to re-sign.

All that to save money? Unbelievable.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
In good Boston sports news, the Celtics are hot and one of the best teams in basketball and the Bruins are hot and just dominated a great Vancouver team, 4-0  and are the best team in hockey. Yay winter sports!!!

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
In good Boston sports news, the Celtics are hot and one of the best teams in basketball and the Bruins just dominated a great Vancouver team, 4-0 and are the best team in hockey. Yay winter sports!!!

Reminds me of a certain game in 2011 played on the road in June  ;)

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
In good Boston sports news, the Celtics are hot and one of the best teams in basketball and the Bruins just dominated a great Vancouver team, 4-0 and are the best team in hockey. Yay winter sports!!!

Reminds me of a certain game in 2011 played on the road in June  ;)

Winning that championship at their rink was astounding and watching their fans riot was even crazier.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2020, 10:44:05 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I might need to boycott the Sox this year. I usually go to a half dozen games a year. Follow them daily. Watch probably 100 games a year. Buy merch.

That is all going to have to end for a while. Hate everything about this Sox off season.

- Owners cry poverty
- They HAVE to get out from under luxury tax so trade a 27 year old MVP.
- In that deal they send out tens of millions of dollars so they don't pay tens of millions in luxury tax.
- They also sent out arguably their best pitcher.
- They had to fire their manager because he is a cheater
- MLB is hinting they have concrete cheating evidence on the Sox
- The bus left to Florida and the team doesn't have a manager
- They can't just promote someone from the clubhouse because they could be implicated in the cheating scandal
- It's going to be hard to hire someone so close to the season that's any good because what new manager wants to come in and have to use someone else's coaching staff
- If they are nabbed for cheating you can kiss a whole bunch of top draft picks goodbye.

Is there any more crap I can pile on top of all that crap?

But hey, at least the Fenway Group will make another $350 million in profit again this year. Yay!!!!

Yes, nick, you missed one thing: They wasted money re-signing Mitch Moreland.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
How both the Patriots and Red Sox went from winning championships in the same season to both potentially being rebuilding/lottery teams now.

At least the Celtics and Bruins are now carrying the load in Boston!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)