Author Topic: Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)  (Read 91305 times)

Lonzo Ball Thread (Merged)
« on: January 20, 2017, 06:25:06 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Interesting article. He likes the 5'2" chubby guy the best that only can shoot a corner three. 35 and 0 his senior year in HS. Never won a game by less than 10 points.

Only lost once in college. How funny us it that he wants to win with scrubs for an extra challenge.

I got a challenge for you Ball. Beat LeBron then Curry and Durant with the Celtics.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/01/19/lonzo-ball-tj-leaf-bryce-alford-ucla-bruins-pac-12%3famp=1

Re: Ball S.I. article. He likes to play with scrubs.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 09:42:34 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Great article, TP for the link.  I watched the first half of the UCLA game last night and it was amazing.  35 points in the first 10 minutes, just an all out blitzkrieg.  I don't know if Ball is the best prospect or player, but he sure is the most fun to watch.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 10:07:02 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203

Interesting article. He likes the 5'2" chubby guy the best that only can shoot a corner three. 35 and 0 his senior year in HS. Never won a game by less than 10 points.

Only lost once in college. How funny us it that he wants to win with scrubs for an extra challenge.

I got a challenge for you Ball. Beat LeBron then Curry and Durant with the Celtics.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/01/19/lonzo-ball-tj-leaf-bryce-alford-ucla-bruins-pac-12%3famp=1

Ooh, ooh!  Pick me!  Pick me!... ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 10:11:33 AM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

hmm... that's good PR. Me thinks this was a message to the teams selecting at the lottery, basically saying I can make your guys not suck. Though it's kind of ironic considering his team is no slouch this year.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 10:17:55 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
His high school team had his brothers, who many believe will be better than Lonzo. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 10:20:11 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell

hmm... that's good PR. Me thinks this was a message to the teams selecting at the lottery, basically saying I can make your guys not suck. Though it's kind of ironic considering his team is no slouch this year.

That's pretty cynical, thinking the kid is acting that way in pickup games to influence NBA teams.  Let's remember these are 19 year old kids, and Ball at least seems to love playing basketball.  Let's hope he ends up with a team that let's him use his talents and not some control freak coach.

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 10:51:54 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
His high school team had his brothers, who many believe will be better than Lonzo.

The middle brother won't be as good as Lonzo. It's too early to tell on the youngest one.

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 11:32:55 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

The middle brother won't be as good as Lonzo. It's too early to tell on the youngest one.

IMO it's not even close. Lonzo is the basketball prodigy from heaven. Like Rob Gronkowski is.

Lonzo is also the tallest.

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2017, 11:35:11 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

IMO it's not even close. Lonzo is the basketball prodigy from heaven. Like Rob Gronkowski is.

Lonzo is also the tallest.

And you are the poster from heaven.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2017, 11:44:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

That's pretty cynical, thinking the kid is acting that way in pickup games to influence NBA teams.  Let's remember these are 19 year old kids, and Ball at least seems to love playing basketball.  Let's hope he ends up with a team that let's him use his talents and not some control freak coach.

Cough, cough, Rick Carlisle... Cough, cough...

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2017, 11:47:46 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Not sure whether it's intended but this could also be used as a jab at Fultz, who has seemingly been unable to make the guys around him not suck.

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 12:42:19 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Not sure whether it's intended but this could also be used as a jab at Fultz, who has seemingly been unable to make the guys around him not suck.
If you swap Fultz and Ball, UCLA would still be great and Washington would still suck. 

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2017, 01:22:20 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
This is not very pleasing to my ears. It's like he dismiss the importance of a good teammate. By the sound of it, he's more of a "me" player than a "we" player. Its more of an arrogance than confidence.

Very different than "I want to lock down Lebron James" or "I want to help this team to get better" approach. If he's doing it for PR, then its a bad promotional stunt.

He may have a flashy stats, especially on assist. But will he sacrifice his game for the better of the team?

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2017, 10:01:51 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
This is not very pleasing to my ears. It's like he dismiss the importance of a good teammate. By the sound of it, he's more of a "me" player than a "we" player. Its more of an arrogance than confidence.

Very different than "I want to lock down Lebron James" or "I want to help this team to get better" approach. If he's doing it for PR, then its a bad promotional stunt.

He may have a flashy stats, especially on assist. But will he sacrifice his game for the better of the team?

Funny the way we see things, I get the exact opposite impression.

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2017, 10:16:56 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Maybe not, but that Chino HIlls high school team also had their cousin (also a Ball), and a lot of other talent including a 6'7" freshman named Onyeka Okongwu who could also be a pro someday (he is now a 6'9" sophomore that already has offers from UCLA and USC) and a couple of other kids playing this year at lower level colleges.  I was merely commenting that while Lonzo may like playing with scrubs in pick up games, his high school was absolutely loaded with talent and not just his brothers and cousin.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip