Author Topic: Al Horford vs Cavs highlights 2016 playoffs... let's get excited about Al  (Read 3089 times)

Re: Al Horford vs Cavs highlights 2016 playoffs... let's get excited about Al
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2016, 02:54:44 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Al is going to fit in very well with our offense. He and IT will give teams fits with the pick and roll/pop. Wish we could get our hands on Korver for off the bench would be such a deadly fit with this team.

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2016, 03:16:56 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Man, though, the Hawks really imploded in that fourth quarter, huh?  I wasn't even watching.  What happened there?  Horford seemed to be dominating that game, at least from the highlights, but then something went off the rails in the 4th.

From NBA.com

The Hawks led 103-99 with just over 8 minutes remaining, but the Cavaliers were relentless and the home team - which had matched Cleveland shot for shot - suddenly went cold.

Cleveland went ahead for good when the Hawks inexplicably left James all alone outside the 3-point stripe. He had time to step up to the line, set himself, and put up the jumper. Nothing but net, naturally, giving the Cavaliers their first lead since late in the second quarter.

At the other end, Paul Millsap had a pass knocked away by J.R. Smith, the ball winding up in James' hands. He saw Frye breaking toward the other end, all alone, and fired ahead for a thunderous dunk that extended Cleveland's lead with 5:56 left.

Frye went off in that game shooting.  That was one of those games Cleveland was crazy from three in.  Cleveland also crushed ATL on the boards in that game and it wore them down as it went along.  Love was also really good on offense in that game, if yes he did get abused on defense.  Maybe his best game of the Playoffs with 21 pts, 15 reb.

I know a large part of this comes from them being a good team and having better closers, all that being said I still feel like the Cavs had everything break right for them to not lose a few more games than they did going through the eastern conference last season. They obviously should have lost the game these highlights are from (down 7 atlanta ball with 2 minutes left).

They also won game 4 against the Hawks by 1 point when the Hawks had a couple of chances to win it down the stretch.

Reggie Jackson missed a 3 pointer for them to lose at the buzzer by 2 points to the Cavs in game 4.
The Cavs were also down 7 in the 4th quarter of game 1 versus the Pistons, while Game 3 was a 2 point game at various points in the 4th quarter.

While I clearly know the Cavs are a better team winning all 5 of these games seemed to be pretty good fortune also and is something to keep in mind if we draw them in the playoffs next year. They are beatable but closing the 4th is so critical and they are really good at it.

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2016, 06:20:57 PM »

Offline celtics2030

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 72
I am not as high on Horford as many are