Author Topic: My favourite 2020 draft sleeper  (Read 3355 times)

My favourite 2020 draft sleeper
« on: April 09, 2020, 06:05:21 AM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26
Patrick Williams - SF - Florida State

Height: 6'7" Weight: 215

Two way player with defensive versatility...and all the hallmarks of a draft sleeper was originally a 6'0" point guard in junior high school but grew into a 6'7 wing, still very young to be entering the draft as he won't turn 19 till almost September.

Has great shooting form, models his game on Paul George and Kawhi Leonard and it shows. Great family pedigree as both his parents played college basketball as does his two brothers.

Will take time to improve but could be a great talent with hard work.

Re: My favourite 2020 draft sleeper
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2020, 10:45:52 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Two way player with defensive versatility...and all the hallmarks of a draft sleeper was originally a 6'0" point guard in junior high school but grew into a 6'7 wing, still very young to be entering the draft as he won't turn 19 till almost September.

Has great shooting form, models his game on Paul George and Kawhi Leonard and it shows. Great family pedigree as both his parents played college basketball as does his two brothers.

There's definitely a bit of OG Anunoby there. He's a bit less explosive, but I like his shooting form a bit more.

Good sleeper. Raw and will need development, but could be a starting two-way, versatile wing.

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2020, 11:58:25 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I like his game, I also agree that he's a sleeper, but looks extremely raw, reminds me of PG-13/LeVert mix. Like his shooting form, listed as 6'8/6'9 on some draft websites.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2020, 12:56:35 AM »

Offline shut_the_gate

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 26

There's definitely a bit of OG Anunoby there. He's a bit less explosive, but I like his shooting form a bit more.

Good sleeper. Raw and will need development, but could be a starting two-way, versatile wing.

Yes I like that comp, I think if he falls within range of that Memphis pick, I’m sure he’ll be an Ainge target.

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 10:58:00 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
TP for pointing this guy out.  I have just read up on him.  He sounds like a Stevens guy with his defensive switching ability.

Here’s what Sam Vencenie wrote about him.

"[Williams'] athleticism is readily apparent every time he's out on the floor, and he makes an impact on defense and as a rebounder. He's active and energetic, and regularly makes the kind of 'wow' flash plays that executives look for. And yet, he's playing an extremely limited role, to the point that it's tough to tell where exactly his ball skills and offensive feel for the game currently sit. And at 6'8" with a 7'-plus wingspan, there is a lot of positional size for him to be a useful combo forward at some point."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2876043-fsus-patrick-williams-declares-for-2020-nba-draft.amp.html

If he’s really 6’8” with a 7’ plus wingspan, he might be able to play some small ball center.

Here’s another good article about him.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fansided.com/2020/02/28/patrick-williams-florida-state-nba-draft-prospect/amp/
“The defensive side of the ball is where Williams is likely to have the most impact. He’s very likely the second or third-best perimeter defender prospect in the draft behind Isaac Okoro and Vassell. “

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2020, 02:58:11 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
elijah hughes for me

Could be available at 30

has good size/height for a SG.  Really nice shooting stroke. Can handle the ball and also has a nice dribble stop and pop

Not super quick or athletic but smooth athlete like Evan Turner (younger days).  Wingspan is on the average side. Older prospect

But he is one of the top shooters of this draft imo

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2020, 10:54:45 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Currently since a lot of my sleeper picks have already risen on draft boards I'm go

Jalen Harris, Nevada
He compares very well to Malcolm Brogdon.
So at 26 or 30 he is a solid pick. At 47 would be a steal.

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 11:26:16 AM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286
Is Patrick Williams really a "sleeper"?

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 11:30:17 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
It's an older thread believe at the time Pat was ranked in late teens to 2nd round.

Sorry I didn't want to start another thread with same subject so it's my fault for any knocks on the OP

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2020, 11:52:34 AM »

Offline greenhead85

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 35
Kristian Doolittle of Oklahoma.

All-around swingman with good size (6'7"), shooting, rebounding, passing and one-on-one capability.

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2020, 12:03:37 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
It's an older thread believe at the time Pat was ranked in late teens to 2nd round.

Sorry I didn't want to start another thread with same subject so it's my fault for any knocks on the OP

No knocks on the OP. Looks like the OP was just ahead of the curve.