Author Topic: Celtics 2020 Draft picks  (Read 56348 times)

Re: Celtics 2020 Draft picks
« Reply #225 on: October 13, 2020, 04:50:27 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
A. Sherrod Blakely, NBC Sports Boston
No. 14: Aaron Nesmith, SG, Vanderbilt

No. 26: Isaiah Stewart, C, Washington

No. 30: Leandro Bolmaro, SF, Barcelona B

Sam Vicente, The Athletic
No. 14: Kira Lewis Jr., PG, Alabama

No. 26: Leandro Bolmaro, SF, Barcelona B

No. 30: Robert Woodard, SF, Mississippi State

Omari Sankofa II, Detroit Free Press
No. 14: Precious Achiuwa, PF, Memphis

No. 26: Killian Tillie, PF, Gonzaga

No. 30: Leandro Bolmaro, SF, Barcelona B

Jonathan Wasserman, Bleacher Report
No. 14: Jalen Smith, C, Maryland

No. 26: Jaden McDaniels, SF, Washington

No. 30: Daniel Oturu, C, Minnesota

James Ham, NBC Sports Bay Area

No. 26: Nico Mannion, PG, Arizona

No. 30: Daniel Oturu, C, Minnesota

Gary Parrish, CBS Sports

No. 26: Leandro Bolmaro, SF, Barcelona B

No. 30: Zeke Nnaji, C, Arizona

Brad Rowland, Uproxx
No. 14: Aleksej Pokusevski C, Olympiacos B

No. 26: Theo Maledon, PG, ASVEL (France)

No. 30: Isaiah Stewart, C, Washington

seems Lewis and Bolmaro are popular picks for us overall.  not sure any of these experts are giving me the warm and fuzzies with what they think Danny will do

Me either. I'd be happiest with a load of shooters or a trade up for Vassell or Wiseman.

« Reply #226 on: October 13, 2020, 05:01:53 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Any other draft fans from the early 2000s? Doesn't this one feel a bit more like those early 2000s drafts where it was much more of a crapshoot and you didn't really have enough info on all the prospects?

Yeah, it reminds me of 2005 and 2006 draft. Also the 2013 draft the most, really. 

There will be a lot of hindsight adjustments in 5 years after this draft for sure!!

« Reply #227 on: October 13, 2020, 05:23:22 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
My picks as of today

14. Achiuwa
26. Dotson
30. Darling
47. Scrubb

I change my mind daily but today I have based on availablity:

14. Vassell / Nesmith
26. Bane / Saddiq Bey
30. Paul Reed / Tyler Bey
47. Prichard /M. Flynn/ Merrill / Kispert

I really doubt Vassell will be there at 14.   And I'am having cold feet on Nesmith.  He only shot over 50 percent in 3s due to a shortened season.  The other details of his game is raw.  Especially defense

I have recently watched more Kansas games.  Dotson has that extra gear.   Its something hard to measure. But late in games he plays with so much energy.  Really fast player and not afraid to finish at the rim.   We were lacking this "fearlessness"

Achiuwa has top ceiling potential in this draft.  Just rough around the edges but also not raw.  Could end up turning into one of the better modern day 5s in the NBA.   

Nate Darling is an amazing shooter. Better than Bane ....  The reason is that he is able to get his shot of "quickly".  Running around screens, handoffs,  hand in his face, step backs. .... He can get it off quickly.  These are qualities needed to excel as a sharpshooter in the NBA

« Reply #228 on: October 13, 2020, 05:52:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
My picks as of today

14. Achiuwa
26. Dotson
30. Darling
47. Scrubb

14. Vassell / Nesmith
26. Bane / Saddiq Bey

I really doubt Vassell will be there at 14.   And I'am having cold feet on Nesmith.  He only shot over 50 percent in 3s due to a shortened season.  The other details of his game is raw.  Especially defense

I have recently watched more Kansas games.  Dotson has that extra gear.   Its something hard to measure. But late in games he plays with so much energy.  Really fast player and not afraid to finish at the rim.   We were lacking this "fearlessness"

Achiuwa has top ceiling potential in this draft.  Just rough around the edges but also not raw.  Could end up turning into one of the better modern day 5s in the NBA.   

Nate Darling is an amazing shooter. Better than Bane ....  The reason is that he is able to get his shot of "quickly".  Running around screens, handoffs,  hand in his face, step backs. .... He can get it off quickly.  These are qualities needed to excel as a sharpshooter in the NBA

Darling is much more one dimensional than Bane. He's not as good a shooter by % as Bane. I'm not sure Darling could even be on the court. Bane has an NBA ready body.

I think Vassell would have to be a trade-up target. Nesmith does seem like he has a lot of flaws and he only shot that % in very few games. I like Bane better than Nesmith. The Players in this draft are all flawed.

Achiuwa is a good hustle player but his horrid shooting is worrying. I do like his hustle and rebounding. He seems undersized for a 5, more like a hustle 4 but I think I prefer Reed to Achiuwa especially if he can be had at 30.

This draft won't be so disappointing if we are only expecting role players.

I like Dodson too. Good energy, plays all out but undersized and not a good shooter for a guard.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 05:57:25 PM by liam »

« Reply #229 on: October 13, 2020, 06:14:23 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
My picks as of today

14. Achiuwa
26. Dotson
30. Darling
47. Scrubb

14. Vassell / Nesmith
26. Bane / Saddiq Bey

Darling is much more one dimensional than Bane. He's not as good a shooter by % as Bane. I'm not sure Darling could even be on the court. Bane has an NBA ready body.

I think Vassell would have to be a trade-up target. Nesmith does seem like he has a lot of flaws and he only shot that % in very few games. I like Bane better than Nesmith. The Players in this draft are all flawed.

Achiuwa is a good hustle player but his horrid shooting is worrying. I do like his hustle and rebounding. He seems undersized for a 5, more like a hustle 4 but I think I prefer Reed to Achiuwa especially if he can be had at 30.

I like Dodson too. Good energy, plays all out but undersized and not a good shooter for a guard.

some good points. But remember Bane was a senior. 

All of these other guys only finished their 1st seasons.   Dotson has a good stroke and hit some big time shots.   His jump shot percentage likely improves if he returned as a soph

I have Celtics picking Darling at 30, knowing that Bane won't be available.   Darling is not as versatile ..but he is one of the prized shooters of this draft

He is a better shooter than Bane imo.  You can't just use percentages. You know how many more 3s Darling took vs Bane?   Sample size do count also (perhaps even more)

Darling is a better ball handler.  His defense is as good as Duncan Robinson.  The effort and ability to run around with his man is there.  And he is not scrawny either.   
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 06:20:37 PM by Tr1boy »

« Reply #230 on: October 14, 2020, 03:59:37 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
My picks as of today

14. Achiuwa
26. Dotson
30. Darling
47. Scrubb

14. Vassell / Nesmith
26. Bane / Saddiq Bey

He is a better shooter than Bane imo.  You can't just use percentages. You know how many more 3s Darling took vs Bane?   Sample size do count also (perhaps even more)

Bane has a larger sample size of college shooting, was doing it against better opposition and did it at a higher percentage. He ticks every single box in terms of shooting superiority to Darling
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)