Author Topic: NFL 2023-24 Off-Season  (Read 57806 times)

Re: NFL 2023-24 Off-Season
« Reply #270 on: March 15, 2024, 08:49:42 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991
Wow! Bears trading a 4th rounder for Keenan Allen

Roy probably is happy  :)
Who Herbert going throw to now?? Williams waived & Allen traded..goes to show u, teams gotta watch how they spend do to the cap, wish baseball had it

They have the 5th pick so they'll have their pick of Odunze or Nabers if they want.

Yeah, I don’t think Harbaugh signs up for the Bolts job if they weren’t planning on keeping Herbert.

« Reply #271 on: March 15, 2024, 09:04:13 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25616
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Who Herbert going throw to now?? Williams waived & Allen traded..goes to show u, teams gotta watch how they spend do to the cap, wish baseball had it

They have the 5th pick so they'll have their pick of Odunze or Nabers if they want.

Yep.  Reading the tea leaves here, my guess is that the Bears determined that the three elite WR prospects would be gone by #9, so they made this trade.  They'll target DL help at #9, or will trade down (and still draft DL help).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #272 on: March 15, 2024, 09:07:20 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yep.  Reading the tea leaves here, my guess is that the Bears determined that the three elite WR prospects would be gone by #9, so they made this trade.  They'll target DL help at #9, or will trade down (and still draft DL help).

Do you think they would take Bowers if he was still sitting there at 9?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #273 on: March 15, 2024, 09:13:18 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Do you think they would take Bowers if he was still sitting there at 9?

I don't think they will.  At least, I haven't seen any rumors suggesting it yet.  It would really depend on whether they thought Bowers was good enough to be split out wide very frequently, akin to Jimmy Graham.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #274 on: March 15, 2024, 10:12:07 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
The Vikings just traded up from 42 to 23 with Houston.  Feels to me like they’re positioning themselves to jump up from 11 for a QB, since the trade was made so far out.

« Reply #275 on: March 15, 2024, 10:18:24 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The Vikings just traded up from 42 to 23 with Houston.  Feels to me like they’re positioning themselves to jump up from 11 for a QB, since the trade was made so far out.

I never understand trades made weeks before the draft, unless it's for a top pick.

« Reply #276 on: March 15, 2024, 10:24:08 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

I never understand trades made weeks before the draft, unless it's for a top pick.

I think that's exactly what they are going to do. Having that extra 1st this year gives them more leverage than others looking to trade.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #277 on: March 15, 2024, 10:24:16 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

Me neither, but that’s why I’m guessing it’s a stepping stone move.  You don’t see multi-team trades in the NFL like you do in the NBA, so if you’re the Vikings and you think you need to move to the top 5, you need the proper picks in advance.  I’m guessing they’ve had discussions and determined that a deal wouldn’t get done without a second 1st-rounder.

« Reply #278 on: March 15, 2024, 10:59:26 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Me neither, but that’s why I’m guessing it’s a stepping stone move.  You don’t see multi-team trades in the NFL like you do in the NBA, so if you’re the Vikings and you think you need to move to the top 5, you need the proper picks in advance.  I’m guessing they’ve had discussions and determined that a deal wouldn’t get done without a second 1st-rounder.

Yeah, that's got to be the target.  Something like #11, #23 and a 2024 second for the #3 pick.

« Reply #279 on: March 15, 2024, 11:04:23 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2542

Yeah, that's got to be the target.  Something like #11, #23 and a 2024 second for the #3 pick.

Sounds good to me, assuming Pats don’t love Maye. 

« Reply #280 on: March 15, 2024, 11:21:28 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
Saw some speculation that Vikings trade up to #7 with Tenn with their eyes on McCarthy.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #281 on: March 15, 2024, 12:42:48 PM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

I'd probably take it and move #23 + #34 for a second top-12 pick, if I could. Maybe we like McCarthy and pick him right along with his new #1 receiver or OT of the future.

« Reply #282 on: March 15, 2024, 01:08:12 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
Saw some speculation that Vikings trade up to #7 with Tenn with their eyes on McCarthy.

I think they’d have to get to #5.  I don’t think the 4th QB slides past the Giants at #6.

« Reply #283 on: March 15, 2024, 01:17:28 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Happy trails, Aaron Donald.

« Reply #284 on: March 15, 2024, 01:18:46 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2542

I think they’d have to get to #5.  I don’t think the 4th QB slides past the Giants at #6.

Really?  McCarthy’s stock has moved up that high? Or others?

Where are Nix and Penix expected to go now?