Author Topic: WWE  (Read 163506 times)

Re: WWE
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2009, 12:09:13 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The Miz squash is a chance to move Cena on. 

The whole Evolution fighting is killing the show.  It is boring.  I can see them moving to a Cena/Orton program. 

They have killed Priceless (I don't like the new name). Every week, they get beat up by a single person, wrestler or owner. 

They are doing a much better job on Smackdown with story lines.  They have the better athletes right now.  They have two of the best heels (with CM punk having a chance to show why he is a good heel)  They can carry the weak promo of the top faces right now. 

I agree WDL, they need to do something to shake up priceless and orton, because the HHH fued is doing nothing for them if it just means they get destroyed every week.

and on miz, i agree with you, and i'm cool with cena winning in a dominate fashion...i just think they could have given miz SOME sort of leg to stand on in that match.

I mean, where does he go from here? he has no momentum, because cena buried him SO badly. It's one thing to beat a guy, it another to crush him in a 5 minute squash and even add in the "kickign dirt on his grave" move after the attitude adjustment.

Again, mabey raw has a good swerve for us tonight on that, but it just seemed poorly booked. result of the match was fine, booking of the match not so much (for me anyway)

but yea, smackdown is just a much better product right now. Raw is so stale, and really has no mid card...Hopefully a shake up is coming, edge and Y2J holding the unified belts will at least give them two main eventers that they can put in the upper mid card to prop up the show while showcasing younger raw guys as tag teams.

It really depends on the promos the Miz cuts and who he moves on to.  A good program with MVP could help both of them. 

« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2009, 08:40:12 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Last night’s Raw was pretty good, anyone watch?

First off, nice calls by WDL, most of his predictions were spot on :D

Good opening swerve to put Batista in charge and to have 3 mystery stars coming to the show (I didn’t read any spoilers for the trade before hand, so it was cool to be surprised). Also love that the million dollar man is next weeks host! One of my favorite old school heels.

Decent match between trips and MVP. Outcome was obvious, but they still put on a really good match. Nicely sets up Triple H vs. Cena, hopefully something screwy comes out of that that keeps trips out of the title scene for a month or two feuding with john.

Edge and jericho’s promo was awesome. I really hope they keep this team going for awhile and use it to rebuild the tag divisions. The introduction of this tag team was everything I had hoped for, very reasonable reason as to why they would get together, and they put on a heck of a match. I really liked the ending, showing Jericho being really sneaky and using primo to screw carlito over into a spear.

(side note: Edge needs a new finisher, the spear is kind of like a secondary finishing move IMO, a ton of people do it. I’m not saying he needs to ditch it or anything, just add something to his move set like Y2J did with the code breaker. MVP also desperately needs a new finisher. The playmaker looks very soft…it pretty much just rolls the guy over.)

Cena vs Miz was very good, I thought they did a very good job telling the story of this match (hat tip to king and cole) and implying that miz got stomped last night because he was in over his head, and his better showing here was due to being less “deer stuck in the headlights” and learning from his PPV experience. Nicely done WWE, now he can be a mid card heel with some heat from the mini cena fued.

Kofi vs big show was also well done. Good way to plant a seed for a fued going forward without hurting either show’s or kofi’s credibility in the future matchups. I know fans tend to dislike draw’s, but sometimes they are necessary, I felt like this was one of those times.

Main event was excellent, and really cemented this show for me. Evan bourne is a great add to the weak raw mid card. With miz back from the cena fued (one assumes) and kofi as well, Evan can really carve out a good spot in the US title hunt going forward, and bring some excitement to the middle of raw shows as he learns the ropes.

Swagger in essence laying down for Orton was also, I thought, a really good storytelling dynamic. It moves swagger into the upper mid card via the handshake from Orton, and leaves open the fact that Orton owes swagger a favor…they can go a bunch of places from that, alliance, help in a us title match, ect, ect.

Mark henry….full disclosure, I am not a mark henry fan….or I should say im not generally a big guy who can’t really wrestle fan. But I thought this was an interesting move. They changed him to a face with a pretty good pop, and Orton can claim he only lost because he was injured. Good shake up to have henry go over on Orton, did not see that coming.

I thought this was easily the best raw in months, well done WWE. Anyoone else catch it last night and have any thoughts?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #62 on: June 30, 2009, 11:33:51 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
only caught the second half of raw - good to see Miz hang with Cena - though I'd be an unhappy camper if I paid for the ppv to see that match then get a better version of  it the next day...

the gauntlet match was interesting - my only problem with it is its assumed the 1 (in the 3 on 1) will at least make it to the third guy - I liked how they had Swagger lay down, made a lot of sense.  Same thing when you see a match is going to be 2 out of 3 falls (or 3 stages of hell) you know its going to go all 3 falls - I'd love to see someone come out and just win the 1st 2, leaving the 3rd in the lurch.. that'd be a surprise

as far as edge's finisher (edge happens to be my favorite wrestler - would love to see him back with Christian but I digress) what happened to the edge-a-cutioner? I do like the spear, as its sudden and can lead directly to a pin - and if I'm remembering correctly the only other guy to use a spear is Batista, so its more of a legit finisher (which is why I think guys who rely on the ddt can be lame b/c everyone has a ddt in their arsenol)

hmm.. I like the concept of guest host, but I don't think they should have unlimmited power - what kept Batista from stripping orton of the title and giving it to himself or HHH? I like continuity and logic in my wrestling, but that may be asking too much at times...
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2009, 06:44:22 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
only caught the second half of raw - good to see Miz hang with Cena - though I'd be an unhappy camper if I paid for the ppv to see that match then get a better version of  it the next day...

the gauntlet match was interesting - my only problem with it is its assumed the 1 (in the 3 on 1) will at least make it to the third guy - I liked how they had Swagger lay down, made a lot of sense.  Same thing when you see a match is going to be 2 out of 3 falls (or 3 stages of hell) you know its going to go all 3 falls - I'd love to see someone come out and just win the 1st 2, leaving the 3rd in the lurch.. that'd be a surprise

as far as edge's finisher (edge happens to be my favorite wrestler - would love to see him back with Christian but I digress) what happened to the edge-a-cutioner? I do like the spear, as its sudden and can lead directly to a pin - and if I'm remembering correctly the only other guy to use a spear is Batista, so its more of a legit finisher (which is why I think guys who rely on the ddt can be lame b/c everyone has a ddt in their arsenol)

hmm.. I like the concept of guest host, but I don't think they should have unlimmited power - what kept Batista from stripping orton of the title and giving it to himself or HHH? I like continuity and logic in my wrestling, but that may be asking too much at times...

Big show broke out he spear.

It is just funny watching Edge Spear the Great Kahli for the win.

« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2009, 07:30:38 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Am I the only one who likes this guy and thinks if given the right opportunity he could be a star?

Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2009, 10:37:08 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
this is the worst episode of raw ever

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2009, 10:45:03 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
im way offtopic as i always be but...

i jus watched "the wrestle"r wih micky rouke  *spell check*

it got me a lil bit....u know that throat thing..choke..

*sippin*

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2009, 11:26:57 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
im way offtopic as i always be but...

i jus watched "the wrestle"r wih micky rouke  *spell check*

it got me a lil bit....u know that throat thing..choke..

*sippin*

I actually got sick during the movie, not sure if it was the blood or my ice-ee...I blame the ice-ee still

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2009, 11:47:09 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

I dunno about that, but it was pretty forgettable.

Only things i really took away from it was a great promo from Y2J vs. debiase jr and rhodes and a halfway decent main event match.

At least next week should be funny if nothing else, with shaq hosting :D

But yea, overall, smackdown is the much better show. It's to bad people don't watch it more, raw isn't even in smackdown's league right now, talent or storyline wise.

Smackdown's main event alone teased about 5 good storyline archs and was a much better match.

i mean seriously, watch the M/E (+ bonus good promo between edge and jericho) they even turned a legit injury to edge into a possible face turn and getting jericho even more insane heel hate.

Bonus promo here (y2J interrupts edge at 2 minute mark):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA_TAyvR0So

Skip right to ME with these two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYxnuuYA69M&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNh2hF01Wa8&feature=related

i mean, just with that, they set up:

1.Do jericho and punk have a deal in place ? (notice Y2J looks at punk before he code breaks and again before he puts hardy in the walls, and holds it till punk turns his back on the ring)

2. ziggler looks strong in a M/E match

3. rey now has a beef with punk

4. how does this affect morrision/punk? (if people care, i can post that match to)

5. is jericho's partner punk? ziggler?

and thats just the M/E, they had two more excellent matches that night (morrision/punk and the hart dynasty's match) compared to raw's M/E, which was stale and added nothing new. I already knew orton and HHH hate each other, you;ve rammed it down my throat enough.

I love raw, but lately its been pretty stale, though i liked the seth green raw, and the ted diabse one was very good.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2009, 11:59:27 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

I only really have time to watch Raw, so I miss out on all of the smackdown goodness that I keep hearing about. This one was dissapointing; I kinda felt bad for ZZ Top, I mean they didn't even let them play their own instruments, it was just weird and awkward.  And Santino (as much as I like him) dancing in a thong...not cool. Lets see - same main event as last week except without Seth Green - I really wish Orton beat the crap out of someone and looked credible going into the PPV - don't people pay to see faces get their revenge on heels? hmm, Y2J was ok, and the 6 man tag was enjoyable - strong finish there, but the rest was filler crap

but yeah maybe not worst ever, but in the moment it was pretty darned bad

on the plus side, big Diesel in the ring on Monday?  I hope the Cavs have language in their contract that says he can't wrestle or we may see:

« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2009, 12:11:35 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!

I only really have time to watch Raw, so I miss out on all of the smackdown goodness that I keep hearing about. This one was dissapointing; I kinda felt bad for ZZ Top, I mean they didn't even let them play their own instruments, it was just weird and awkward.  And Santino (as much as I like him) dancing in a thong...not cool. Lets see - same main event as last week except without Seth Green - I really wish Orton beat the crap out of someone and looked credible going into the PPV - don't people pay to see faces get their revenge on heels? hmm, Y2J was ok, and the 6 man tag was enjoyable - strong finish there, but the rest was filler crap

but yeah maybe not worst ever, but in the moment it was pretty darned bad

on the plus side, big Diesel in the ring on Monday?  I hope the Cavs have language in their contract that says he can't wrestle or we may see:

is this a bring back malone and rodman thread
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2009, 12:48:23 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
SHaq's raw was good, good matches throughout and funny skits.

I liked the initial promo, show vs shaq was great, as was shaq patting Y2J on the head whenever he tried to talk while he was staring down show :D

Good event by the big disel, though i was hoping he would somehow hurt himself barely touching show in the M/E, just to spite Cleavland

wish they had shown this, guess it was after they went off the air:

Ok so as most of you know, Triple H's 40th was today.

I just came from Raw tonight and they had a dark match main event with HHH/Cena vs Big Show
and Randy Orton. Orton walked away on show and Cena and Game both performed finishers. Meanwhile,
wrestlers were hiding behind the barricade.

Triple H grabbed the mic and told everyone that it was his birthday and he knew Vince was planning to
get him when he hit the back. He decided to go through the crowd but, they were already there. They
smashed him with cakes and he scurried to the backstage area being chased by refs. Vince comes out and
tells Triple H to come back out or he will have to sing happy birthday. Game sneaks back down to the ring
but not before Arn Anderson gets him hiding behind the barricade. Arm flees afterward. The whole roster
follows game to the ring all with cakes in hand.

Mickie James and Gail Kim have a huge sheet cake. They all surround Hunter. Gail and Mickie smash the huge
cake in Hunters face and that triggers the rest of the roster. There's icing flying everywhere. Hunter hugs onto
Vince an they fall to the mat together covered in cake. They then manage to restrain Hunter by his arms and
they try to smash more cake into his face but he ducks and they hit Big Show.

Batista's music hits and he comes down to the ring with more cake...lol. Triple H rubs chocolate
cake all over him...lol. It was awesome. Vince left the ring and Batista threw his cake right into Vinces back. Jericho
had the very last cake. He gave it to Vince and he weaseled back into the ring. Instead of hitting Hunter he hit show.

- I've never seen Vince in that manner before. It was cool seeing all of the guys joke around. Everyone says that
the workers are miserable but, the whole roster was out there throwing. Ill never forget it.

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2009, 12:52:26 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
any way Show vs. Shaq at Summerslam....that'd be awesome

« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2009, 12:54:51 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
any way Show vs. Shaq at Summerslam....that'd be awesome

It would be, but i think CLEV would freakout, even if it's a skit match and shaq barley touches him/ gets hit.

And, to be honest, i would too. Shaq works for them, and the WWE is a risk that the cavs have no business interest in letting him take.

« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2009, 02:24:19 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
with all this Ortiz talk, makes me wonder if Scott Steiner ever did steroids...