Author Topic: Paul Pierce cost us that game  (Read 13336 times)

Re: Paul Pierce cost us that game
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2008, 06:21:33 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
It wasn't PP's finest moment, but he was still the second best player for the C's. His carelessness and untimely three point attempts are definitely not helping the cause though.
Lots of blame for the loss- no need to keep repeating what everyone else has already said.
TP to Hondo- it drives me crazy too whenever Pierce or Ray Allen decides to bring the ball upcourt by himself and Rondo has to go stand in the corner.

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2008, 10:36:28 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I think a correct label would be KG was the best player on the floor followed by House actually. How do you say that a guy shooting 5-15 from the floor, turning the ball over 6 times, and the guy he is guarding drops 30+ is the second best performer on the court?Usually he is, and I'm thinking he will be tomorrow, but he definitely wasn't last night!

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2008, 11:17:15 PM »

Offline BASSTHUMPER

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 352
who can u really blame at a time like this...have any of our big 3..*and yes they are the celtics Big 3* been this far..? ....we all know that kev paul and ray have lead in scoring on they own teams...now for sum reason that "we not me" seems to have hurt them....they make the extra pass when on they own they would have shot the ball...they dont lead anymore and have turned into role players..i hope egos aint the problem...if paul did give kev the captin seat then paul should not mind kevin shootin the rock when he hot..seems they have gotten a lil lazy and depending on the other to pick up the slack..they all need to find they own zone like they use to have cause that is whats missin..that zone which will break that "we not me" but the team will get where it needs to be..

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2008, 11:47:35 PM »

Offline bigbabyjesus

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 1
Paul Pierce is not a point guard and needs to realize that.   

He demands the ball from E House and Rondo on numerous occasions, before trying a weak spin move and getting stripped or throwing a turnover/pass back to, ironically, the point guard.  This has happened frequently and is hard to watch as a fan. 

On a separate rant; I am tiring of the NBA coverage on TNT and ESPN.  During game 6, I must have watched 3 hours of Lebron James and heard 3 hours of Lebron James commentary. It is the only subject TNT and ESPN announcers spew from there mouths.  The NBA should be the National Marketing Association, NMA.  Appreciate the local stations the cover your club.

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2008, 04:12:39 AM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
The team cost us Game 6...not Paul,not KG,not Rondo.Collectively,they all made some mistakes in key situations,at one time or another.No 1 player is primary responsible. He has done one heck of a job in keeping Lebron in ck on the defensive end.I expect Paul is exhausted by the end of 3rd quarters,so im not expecting him to come up big on the offensive end in the fourth.Maybe if Ray got his game going at some point of one,we might not expect so much out of Paul on both ends of the court.

« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2008, 05:38:05 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
if anyone of players lost the game it is kevin garnett
we got outrebounded by 20 or something like that
and when we was down 5 points he had the ball and i think big ben od joe smith was under the basket...he looked so scared, and i really thing that could have been the game changing basket...he should have dunked hard on that fool belof the rim and jell in his face and maybee get fouled..but no, what he did was terrible...he was wide wide oped, he took a couple of dribbles and was looking to pass the ball out ??? and finaly he took a terrible shot and missed it too >:(
put anyone else on lebron instead of pierce and he would average 45 points per game so pierce haters shut up
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2008, 06:19:36 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
I dont blame Paul Pierce for losing the game. He helped lose it, but wasnt the only problem. The whole team was flat and ineffective for most of the game. Rondo hanging his head, guys making mistakes.

It is kinda strange to me that several posters want to take up for Paul by saying he is playing well by containing Lebron (which I agree with) but then use that as an excuse for his late game turnovers and poor play. If guarding Lebron is wearing him out (I believe it is) then the ball should be taken out of his hands and he can set picks or whatever on offense. He obviously is not 'do it all Paul' in this series.

This is just poor judgement and is collectively KG, Paul, Ray and Doc's fault. I would call it poor game planning. This is where the blame game should rest IMO. 8)
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2008, 09:43:14 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
The reason why PP asks for more the ball more is that Eddie House is not a great PG. He might be better then Cassell -in that he is less unselfish and more of a team player but he is not a great creator. If Rondo had played better then PP would have needed to do that..

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2008, 10:17:40 AM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Right now all that matters is what we do in game 7. Game 6 and PP's play now makes now difference. He has the chance to redeem himself today. Hard defense on Lebron. Getting to the line when possible. Taking open shots and not forcing things. Passing the ball and getting his teammates good shots. That's what we need from THE TRUTH!