Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2023  (Read 132395 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs 2023
« Reply #2430 on: June 01, 2023, 11:41:32 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715
Butler with a ferocious 13 points tonight

If Miami loses in 4 or 5 will there be excuses made for Butler or will he actually get criticized like many other stars would?

Baffles me how much criticism he escapes from the media
They'll make excuse like they have no business in the finals because they are 8th seeded team.

They'll just start promoting false stories about him playing through some serious injury.

« Reply #2431 on: June 01, 2023, 11:44:37 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Where are the silly people that said jokic shouldn’t get mvp because he lost to the warriors last year? That argument has lost a lot of MOmentum

« Reply #2432 on: June 02, 2023, 12:02:10 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1007
Wilbon on the ESPN postgame: "Miami went 'Boston' tonight with their shots."

We are a laughingstock

Losing to a #8 seed with home-court advantage with the roster we have? Sounds like it's well-deserved. SIGH

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2433 on: June 02, 2023, 12:56:51 AM »

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 603
Where are the silly people that said jokic shouldn’t get mvp because he lost to the warriors last year? That argument has lost a lot of MOmentum

I always believe that Nuggets underpeforming in the last two seasons have something to do with Murray and MPJ being out than Jokic not being good enough to take them to another level. More than Jokic, I think people underestimated how much of an impact MPJ and especially Murray brings on the Nuggets.

« Reply #2434 on: June 02, 2023, 12:58:17 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1574
NUGGS in 5 is my guess

screw the heat
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #2435 on: June 02, 2023, 01:03:28 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1381
2 free throws all game for the Heat, and it was to Highsmith? Wow
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #2436 on: June 02, 2023, 01:43:32 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Butler played very timid and Jokic didn’t worry about Bam. Neutralised their offence inside
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #2437 on: June 02, 2023, 03:53:03 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2415

I always believe that Nuggets underpeforming in the last two seasons have something to do with Murray and MPJ being out than Jokic not being good enough to take them to another level. More than Jokic, I think people underestimated how much of an impact MPJ and especially Murray brings on the Nuggets.

Agreed. Denver were one of the most dominant teams in the league when those three guys were on the floor together before Murray first got hurt. May have been top of the league for any three man group. Utterly dominant.

Now they are picking up where they left off back in 2021.

You can't take the 2nd and 3rd best players off the team and expect to still compete for a title. Where would MJ's Bulls have been if he didn't have Scottie Pippen or Dennis Rodman? Nowhere near a title is where they would've been. A 45 win team.

Jokic did a tremendous job while those guys were out. Now they're back and Denver is about to get their Championship.

« Reply #2438 on: June 02, 2023, 03:56:46 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
NUGGS in 5 is my guess

screw the heat
Agree!!!
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2439 on: June 02, 2023, 04:32:46 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 265
  • International Superstar
Miami’s giant killers have possibly met the giant they can’t slay.

I’ve been high on Jokic all year, as we know, but if Miami can pull it out this is going to be quite the upset.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #2440 on: June 02, 2023, 05:59:44 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1553
and they only lost by 11.  I'd take that as a positive for the Heat assuming it doesn't happen again.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2441 on: June 02, 2023, 06:03:28 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1553

so is Murray or MPJ then the MVP?  Or maybe it is Gordon who has by far their best on off differential in the playoffs (MPJ is 2nd). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #2442 on: June 02, 2023, 06:06:10 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

so is Murray or MPJ then the MVP?  Or maybe it is Gordon who has by far their best on off differential in the playoffs (MPJ is 2nd).

This is a stretch even for you. Just give jokic his props already. He is the most dominant player in the league right now

« Reply #2443 on: June 02, 2023, 06:29:43 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 370
I saw a chart on espn or something, but Miami shot Generationally good on wide open 3's against the celtics. teams average 41% they shot 60% which was best of all time...while actually shooting pretty low average of wide open 3's....

so of course now they are turning into a pumpkin and likely will get swept (or a gentlemens sweep)....

Bud lost his job because of this...and i'm sure celtics are shaking their heads.

« Reply #2444 on: June 02, 2023, 06:31:54 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 265
  • International Superstar

This is a stretch even for you. Just give jokic his props already. He is the most dominant player in the league right now
It's pretty obviously a joke, no?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.