Author Topic: Shams: Kyrie Traded to Mavs (Dinwiddie, DFS, #1)  (Read 28590 times)

Re: Shams: Kyrie Traded to Mavs
« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2023, 03:25:31 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Loathe this for Dallas. Dinwiddie has been excellent for them this season, and DFS was their best wing defender. Terrible!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2023, 03:28:38 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Loathe this for Dallas. Dinwiddie has been excellent for them this season, and DFS was their best wing defender. Terrible!

Agreed. They have no depth, likely won't have home court advantage in the playoffs and are now trying to incorporate a head case midseason. Don't like their chances.

« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2023, 03:30:37 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Agreed. They have no depth, likely won't have home court advantage in the playoffs and are now trying to incorporate a head case midseason. Don't like their chances.
I hope Doncic leaves ASAP. They have been so poorly managed since Dirk left

« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2023, 03:31:43 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

Not to mention that they also got Kyrie.

Mike

« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2023, 03:39:22 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Somehow I have little fear of the Nets now. At least with Kyrie you worried he could take over a game or 2 in playoff series. I don’t think Durant can carry the load by himself. Plus very happy the Lakers didn’t get Kyrie.

All in all a good day for Celtics fans.

« Reply #230 on: February 05, 2023, 03:40:24 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
Somehow I have little fear of the Nets now. At least with Kyrie you worried he could take over a game or 2 in playoff series. I don’t think Durant can carry the load by himself. Plus very happy the Lakers didn’t get Kyrie.

All in all a good day for Celtics fans.

Yep!

Now hopefully the Sixers also lose tonight lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #231 on: February 05, 2023, 03:42:03 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

You don’t think Cuban ran this past Doncic before pulling the trigger? He’s got help now, at least on one end of the court. People can’t say that he’s not playing with anyone going forward.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #232 on: February 05, 2023, 03:42:45 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be

Only a matter of time before the first dust up btw Kyrie & Luka.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #233 on: February 05, 2023, 03:43:39 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

You don’t think Cuban ran this past Doncic before pulling the trigger? He’s got help now, at least on one end of the court. People can’t say that he’s not playing with anyone going forward.
Look how well KD did with Kyrie’s “help”. He’s also an impending FA, and one of the most toxic characters in NBA history.

« Reply #234 on: February 05, 2023, 03:51:05 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Look how well KD did with Kyrie’s “help”. He’s also an impending FA, and one of the most toxic characters in NBA history.

I agree. Im just saying that I feel like Cuban would have definitely ran this past Luka beforehand. Keeping Doncic happy has to be the #1 priority.

Doncic, Irving, Hardaway Jr, Bullock, Wood…. That’s got to be one of the worst defensive lineups in the league.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #235 on: February 05, 2023, 04:01:55 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I agree. Im just saying that I feel like Cuban would have definitely ran this past Luka beforehand. Keeping Doncic happy has to be the #1 priority.

Doncic, Irving, Hardaway Jr, Bullock, Wood…. That’s got to be one of the worst defensive lineups in the league.
They’re Brooklyn with less depth and worse role players. Hilariously bad group of players for Kidd, a defensive-minded coach.

« Reply #236 on: February 05, 2023, 04:03:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I'd love to hear Kyrie's thoughts on this trade. He abandoned KD and his beloved Brooklyn to join Doncic in Dallas and still has to wonder about his next contract. There's also no way Dallas goes very far in the playoffs this season. They have no depth, no defense, and moved two complementary pieces to pair a ball dominant scorer with their ball dominant scorer.

« Reply #237 on: February 05, 2023, 04:08:56 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
Not exactly sure how that hit is supposed to work, from either a basketball or personality perspective. There’s also many other questions about that team, from defense to depth to bigs.

« Reply #238 on: February 05, 2023, 04:09:24 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
Irving, 30, opted into the final season of his deal in the summer but requested a trade earlier this week after failing to reach an agreement with Brooklyn on an extension.

Irving has been seeking in the neighborhood of a four-year, $198.5 million maximum extension available to him until June 30, sources said. He is also eligible to sign a two-year, $78.6 million extension with the Mavericks until June 30.

So the Nets could have gone 4 years, but the Mavs or any other team interested in trading for Kyrie could only offer a two year extension?

« Reply #239 on: February 05, 2023, 04:10:54 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Say what you want about Cuban - he's going for it. He got a 2nd star to go with Luka and will try to figure out the rest later.  Do I think it will work?  Not at all.

But I respect Cuban for trying.