Author Topic: LOL The Official NBA Refs Twitter Posted This (What A Joke...)  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
https://twitter.com/OfficialNBARefs/status/1619815874583752704?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Like everyone else, referees make mistakes. We made one at the end of last night’s game and that is gut-wrenching for us. This play will weigh heavily and cause sleepless nights as we strive to be the best referees we can be

"Sleepless nights"  ::)

Oh please. All because poor Lebron James was on the bad end of the stick here. Give me a break
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: LOL The Official NBA Refs Twitter Posted This (What A Joke...)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2023, 06:16:18 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Please....Tatum gets hacked all the time, complains and nobody bats an eye.

LeBron pouts and throws a tantrum and everyone loses they minds.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2023, 06:25:27 PM by SparzWizard »

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2023, 06:23:54 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
They've offended the Chosen One.  Time for penance.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2023, 06:25:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Please....Tatum gets hacked all the time, complains and nobody bats an eye.

LeBro pouts and throws a tantrum and everyone loses they minds.

Not just us, but I'm sure EVERY team has had this stuff happen to them in the recent past. But because it happened to Lebron, now all of a sudden it's in the spotlight  ::)

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 06:37:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
How about the NBA improves the refs and makes the whole process more transparent? How about the same refs through a 7 game series so we can have some consistency in the playoffs? The NBA just throws their hands up and says "Our guys suck but we have good highlights!"

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 07:54:37 PM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Will they also lose sleep over missing Lebron’s blatant travel on that same play?  I hope the tweet was sarcastic, but probably not.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 08:02:13 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
What’s hilarious is that the last two minute report shows we were actually the more disfavored team by missed calls last night.

In fact, it said AD got away with a moving screen call on the play of Beverly’s putback dunk to put them up 2 with 18 seconds to play, and we should’ve had the ball back with 32 seconds left in a tied game.

Of course, you don’t see any Lakers fans or any pundits talking about this missed call, as it goes against their narrative of Lakers bias and likely would’ve changed how the rest of the game went.  ::)

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022200749%0d

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2023, 08:06:23 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2930
How about the NBA improves the refs and makes the whole process more transparent? How about the same refs through a 7 game series so we can have some consistency in the playoffs? The NBA just throws their hands up and says "Our guys suck but we have good highlights!"

That would be the logical conclusion.

Of course, I can no longer use “consistency” and NBA refs in the same sentence. Virtually every game there is a significant change in the officiating standard (for both teams) after halftime. It’s like they try and “adjust” based on the stats.

So I don’t know how much even that kind of logical change would impact the lack of consistency. The truth is NBA officiating is just a poor product and as bad as it has ever been. And the biggest reason for it is they’ve changed the rules to be so favorable to the offense that it makes the refs be hyper-involved in the process, which naturally leads to more errors.

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2023, 08:10:39 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

That would be the logical conclusion.

Of course, I can no longer use “consistency” and NBA refs in the same sentence. Virtually every game there is a significant change in the officiating standard (for both teams) after halftime. It’s like they try and “adjust” based on the stats.

So I don’t know how much even that kind of logical change would impact the lack of consistency. The truth is NBA officiating is just a poor product and as bad as it has ever been. And the biggest reason for it is they’ve changed the rules to be so favorable to the offense that it makes the refs be hyper-involved in the process, which naturally leads to more errors.

I think the rule changes are part of it but I also think the improvement in broadcasting technology has a part to play in this as well.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2023, 09:24:33 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915
Yeah, sleepless nights. They'll be kept awake by all of Lebron's whining...

Mike

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2023, 07:36:56 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I agree with AD about one thing. Nothing will happen. Because these guys are probably the best they have. When your team is trash, you can't really sit people if the replacements are even worse  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2023, 09:08:44 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
The refs suck, but let me just make clear that I could care less that we benefitted from something like that for once. I mean be real, if Tatum did make a clean block on Lebron but it was called a foul and he hit GW FTs, do we think anyone in the national media would care or display outrage? Nope.

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2023, 09:22:12 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1617
  • What a Pub Should Be
Have they apologized for the 4th quarter of Game 7 2010 NBA Finals?

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2023, 09:23:49 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Too soon.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2023, 10:26:58 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Too soon.

Flippin Gasol was up and down!  >:(
Yup