Author Topic: The worst call last night …  (Read 3896 times)

Re: The worst call last night …
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2023, 06:26:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Rumors circulating Lebron so upset he is contemplating retirement

Great!!

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2023, 06:30:12 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
… was not calling a T on Lebron for his gigantic temper tantrum.  Seeing him carry on like a spoiled four year old is an embarrassment to the league.

Lebron is one of the biggest whiners in the NBA, but he only has one tech this year.  He’s only had six, combined, since joining the Lakers!  To me, that’s low-key corruption.

Aside from watching Hulk Hogan theatrics after “losing” in the late 1980s/early 1990s, I’ve never seen something quite like LeBron’s behavior at the end of regulation after getting away with a traveling violation. It was so embarrassing that ABC/ESPN would never dare play the whole hysterics through the very end again, when he was down on his hands and knees. Truly embarrassing.

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2023, 06:33:16 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
… was not calling a T on Lebron for his gigantic temper tantrum.  Seeing him carry on like a spoiled four year old is an embarrassment to the league.

Lebron is one of the biggest whiners in the NBA, but he only has one tech this year.  He’s only had six, combined, since joining the Lakers!  To me, that’s low-key corruption.

Aside from watching Hulk Hogan theatrics after “losing” in the late 1980s/early 1990s, I’ve never seen something quite like LeBron’s behavior at the end of regulation after getting away with a traveling violation. It was so embarrassing that ABC/ESPN would never dare play the whole hysterics through the very end again, when he was down on his hands and knees. Truly embarrassing.

I'm hoping for a poster of LeBron crying on the floor or jumping up and down like a baby.

« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2023, 06:41:25 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
No fine for LeBron's tantrum or for this: "We got cheated tonight, honestly. ... It's unacceptable," Lakers forward Anthony Davis said after the game? Seems like everyone else gets fined. Hello NBA double standard!

« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2023, 09:36:10 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Agreed but it’s somewhat understood in that you don’t want to rub salt in the wound after a blown call. But, as another poster mentioned in the game thread, he took 3 clear steps before Tatum hit his arm. Should have been traveling. 😂

Noe that would  have been funny.  Tech Lebron James. Lebron takes his shirt off and takes off running and crying  at the same time.

Second tech, Lebron gets tossed.  He throws a full tantrum, squirming around on the floor, kicking and screaming.

Larry,  Magic, or Mike were never that childish

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2023, 01:05:52 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Where was the outrage when Kemba got hacked in the same exact fashion at the end of game 6 vs Toronto in the bubble? I don’t even think there was any discussion of it after the game and that was game 6 of the EC semis!

« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2023, 01:29:33 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1474
No fine for LeBron's tantrum or for this: "We got cheated tonight, honestly. ... It's unacceptable," Lakers forward Anthony Davis said after the game? Seems like everyone else gets fined. Hello NBA double standard!

I can't believe this either.  Was Davis fined?  That kind of commenting on the officiating is almost ALWAYS an instant fine from the NBA.

« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2023, 04:52:57 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Here is Tatum’s dunk on Jarrett Allen. It’s basically the same thing as he would have had a freethrow to win the game had a foul been called. So why is the non call on Lebron such a big deal?

https://youtu.be/Iez-6iWIao0

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2023, 06:24:19 AM »

Offline bricone29

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
Refs union saying the missed call.on LeBron was gut wrenching and refs will have sleepless nights because of it.

Why is it this call is so over the top remorseful? I know because it's LeBron. But isn't that a huge problem that the refs union is so blatantly sorry in the media about this call and not the countless others?

NBA and players talk about equality, this clearly doesn't show it.

NBA thinks releasing reports about missed refs calls makes them transparent and honorable.

Yet we still have superstar treatment and playoff series extenders among other things in the league.

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2023, 08:11:49 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Even if it was a blown foul call AND a travel, LAL had 5 more minutes to go and win the game. Nobody got "cheated" Mr. James, bad calls happen all the time. He should be fined for those remarks.

« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2023, 10:39:26 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Even if there was no foul, I was shocked that Lebron didn’t get the call after he missed. That’s how much star treatment I’m used to seeing him get. Lebron doesn’t get T’s and barely gets fouls called on him. In a 50-50 call, the name on the jersey usually matters.
- LilRip

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2023, 10:41:29 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
Even if there was no foul, I was shocked that Lebron didn’t get the call after he missed. That’s how much star treatment I’m used to seeing him get. Lebron doesn’t get T’s and barely gets fouls called on him. In a 50-50 call, the name on the jersey usually matters.

Draymond's another guy who does so much and should be T'd up (or ejected) more often but the refs just let it slide, even if he's the one screaming at the refs too...  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2023, 10:49:53 AM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
We will not hear the end of "Boston Sports Teams" always getting involved in some type of "cheating" or"favoritism" from officials lolol. Esp now that it happened to the NBA's owner/commissioner, LeBron James.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2023, 11:30:47 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I think there were two coaches challenges in the 4th qtr. The first was Davis's foul on Tatum, which was reversed. No issue there. However, the ball was given to the Lakers, which made no sense to me since LeBron immediately traveled, so he never had possession.

Then the Celtics won a separate challenge on a foul call, where Tatum was the first to get the ball. In this instance, the refs called a jump ball instead.

To me, the refs interpretation of possession after the "foul" should have been reversed on these two instances. Am I alone on this?

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2023, 11:40:41 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
I think there were two coaches challenges in the 4th qtr. The first was Davis's foul on Tatum, which was reversed. No issue there. However, the ball was given to the Lakers, which made no sense to me since LeBron immediately traveled, so he never had possession.

Then the Celtics won a separate challenge on a foul call, where Tatum was the first to get the ball. In this instance, the refs called a jump ball instead.

To me, the refs interpretation of possession after the "foul" should have been reversed on these two instances. Am I alone on this?

Don’t know about the Lakers getting possession, but I actually didn’t have an issue with the jump ball after our successful challenge.  In the replays it was clear that the ref at stopped play prior to Tatum gaining possession.

The bigger issue with the Lakers challenge is that it shouldn’t have been successful.  When a player is already leaving the ground for a shot, no contact is “marginal” — it inherently disrupts a players ability to make a shot, as proven by Tatum missing said basket.