Author Topic: The worst call last night …  (Read 3893 times)

Re: The worst call last night …
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2023, 03:45:32 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
For one of the NBA's messiah's games, I thought the officiating was relatively even-handed.  The 4 "missed" Lebron travels and the one phantom foul he drew are far below his career averages.  One of the missed travels led to an and-one and another led to a basket.  The phantom foul drawn led to two free throws.  Without the points from what should've been turnovers, Tatum's foul would have been meaningless.

Also...If any other NBA player other than their messiah throws a portion of the hissy-fit that Lebron threw, he'd have been ejected, fined, and/or suspended. 

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2023, 03:49:09 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
… was not calling a T on Lebron for his gigantic temper tantrum.  Seeing him carry on like a spoiled four year old is an embarrassment to the league.

Lebron is one of the biggest whiners in the NBA, but he only has one tech this year.  He’s only had six, combined, since joining the Lakers!  To me, that’s low-key corruption.

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Either the refs have no guts, or the league has ordered them to swallow their whistles re: LeBron. I've seen four-year-olds more composed than LeBron. But really, the NBA created that monster.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2023, 03:52:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
… was not calling a T on Lebron for his gigantic temper tantrum.  Seeing him carry on like a spoiled four year old is an embarrassment to the league.

Lebron is one of the biggest whiners in the NBA, but he only has one tech this year.  He’s only had six, combined, since joining the Lakers!  To me, that’s low-key corruption.

Yeah, that was ridiculous. Either the refs have no guts, or the league has ordered them to swallow their whistles re: LeBron. I've seen four-year-olds more composed than LeBron. But really, the NBA created that monster.

He’s gotten six techs, total, the past five seasons.  That’s one less than JT has this year alone.

It’s star treatment, unprecedented in league history. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2023, 04:05:19 PM »

Online Yuckabuck33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 171
Nobody cared except Celtics fans when the Celtics lost to Cleveland after the refs refused to call Tatum getting hacked.
But now it's Lebron and everybody goes nuts!

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2023, 04:10:55 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

He’s gotten six techs, total, the past five seasons.  That’s one less than JT has this year alone.

It’s star treatment, unprecedented in league history.

I did think he was actually crying.

Cs fans should just enjoy this. No need to pay attention to the media or to Lebron comments.  Cs won.

« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2023, 04:13:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2944
  • On To Banner 18!
I watched the game with no sound and when returned from commercials to start the OT Tatum shot a T.  I assumed that was a technical on Lebron. Obviously I was wrong.  What was that?

Pat Bev’s camera stunt with the officials. 

I have to admit that was hilarious though. Made me laugh. Well done by Bev, even if it led to the technical
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2023, 04:24:15 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 654
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Lebron should have been given a tech. Tatum would have gotten one.

The flagrant foul was awful.

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2023, 04:40:42 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
I can understand Lebron losing it for a moment on the initial no call. I think most Boston players would have an initial reaction like that. However just laying on the floor crying was bad and probably contributed to the lakers not really competing in the overtime. You can regroup and be like hey we still have a chance for a great win here in overtime. Or you can just lay on the floor crying and defeated. I think seeing their leader do that really hurt the lakers motivation for OT. Poor leadership.

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2023, 05:14:14 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022200749%0d

I guess they didn’t think LeBron traveled. I assume that was a “gather step”. Strange.  But they missed an offensive foul on AD right before Beverly’s put back dunk. Where was the outrage there?

« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2023, 05:21:48 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022200749%0d

I guess they didn’t think LeBron traveled. I assume that was a “gather step”. Strange.  But they missed an offensive foul on AD right before Beverly’s put back dunk. Where was the outrage there?

Validating that flagrant as a correct call is laughable.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2023, 05:45:32 PM »

Offline bricone29

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
The refs aren't good. NBA is hoping fans just embrace this "balance of calls" mentality to get through.

You're going down a very slippery slope when yr best hope is some kind of balance/make up calls will appease fans.

Take the travel  by LeBron prior out of the equation most celtics fans will agree we made out on the non call but don't feel bad because  same fans will remember a play the celtics got screwed on or just figure well get screwed in a future game.

Either way, it's a poor way of doing things.

The fact that the NBA now acknowledges that certain calls were wrong after the fact is like feeling really good the Tobacco companies acknowledge smoking causes cancer.

« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2023, 05:48:30 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
The fact that the NBA now acknowledges that certain calls were wrong after the fact is like feeling really good the Tobacco companies acknowledge smoking causes cancer.
That’s a great quote. TP

« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2023, 06:11:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Lots of Laker fans giving JT heat for not admitting the foul and for pointing to the sky after the non call. I don’t get it. What’s he supposed to say? That he fouled Lebron and he should have been given freethrows?

Tatum should have called it “marginal contact”, like the nonsense reversal on Anthony Davis’s foul on Tatum.

Exactly!

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2023, 06:15:14 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Basketball is heading towards soccer. Fans and players whine constantly. I thought this was supposed to be fun.

Hockey is a superior product in 2023, but it’s too regional.

Heading towards? Dude that train left the station a long time ago.

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2023, 06:18:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Rumors circulating Lebron so upset he is contemplating retirement