Author Topic: Lakers get Rui Hachimura  (Read 3205 times)

Lakers get Rui Hachimura
« on: January 23, 2023, 01:55:03 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Ugh… I really like Rui. That sucks. What a steal for the Lakers.

The Los Angeles Lakers have agreed to a deal to acquire Washington Wizards forward Rui Hachimura for Kendrick Nunn and three second-round picks, sources told ESPN on Monday.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 02:02:07 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Lakers get Rui Hachimura
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 03:08:27 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1393
Not really sure what this does for either team. Nunn was one of lakers more moveable contracts. Seems to make some trades (like bogs) less likely.

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 05:45:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Rui made great sense as backup wing for us. Would Wiz have accepted Payton and some 2nd round picks from us instead? Would we have done that deal? I would have.

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 06:46:12 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Rui made great sense as backup wing for us. Would Wiz have accepted Payton and some 2nd round picks from us instead? Would we have done that deal? I would have.

I think Rui is strictly a big forward and maybe a small ball center.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 06:56:08 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

I’d do it for Justin Jackson and not PP.

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 08:03:36 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Maybe, but I’m not surprised that they’d rather deal him to a western conference team than one in the East. Especially the team with the best record in the league.
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2023, 08:17:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Maybe, but I’m not surprised that they’d rather deal him to a western conference team than one in the East. Especially the team with the best record in the league.
I don't think rebuilding teams care about trading 8th men to conference foes
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2023, 09:28:12 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

I think Hachimura is going to be good for LA.  Not sure why people are acting like he’s Sam Hauser. I’d actually rather have Rui than Grant. He’s bigger, a better athlete, more talented and still has upside.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 09:41:01 PM by Goldstar88 »

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2023, 09:59:33 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I think Hachimura is going to be good for LA.  Not sure why people are acting like he’s Sam Hauser. I’d actually rather have Rui than Grant. He’s bigger, a better athlete, more talented and still has upside.
Still an 8th man since you know that is what Grant is on this team. 

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2023, 10:12:09 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

Sure, an 8th man that’s bigger, a better athlete, more talented and still has upside.

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2023, 10:16:54 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Is this a rental or can the Lakers afford to sign him in the offseason?

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2023, 10:18:15 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Sure, an 8th man that’s bigger, a better athlete, more talented and still has upside.
which has absolutely nothing to do with my post i.e. rebuilding teams don't care if they trade an 8th man to a conference foe.  They just care about getting the best value return on the player.

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2023, 10:21:38 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

which has absolutely nothing to do with my post i.e. rebuilding teams don't care if they trade an 8th man to a conference foe.  They just care about getting the best value return on the player.

Who said they are rebuilding? If they are rebuilding why are Beal, Porzingis, and Kuzma on the team.

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2023, 10:22:17 PM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59

I’m with Moranis on this one. Rui is not that good, and needs to grow as a player for him to move the needle in LA.

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2023, 10:44:52 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Who said they are rebuilding? If they are rebuilding why are Beal, Porzingis, and Kuzma on the team.
because they aren't any good.  Why would they trade Hachimura for a bunch of 2nd rounders and Nunn if they weren't rebuilding?  You don't get an older crappier player for some 2nd round picks unless you are rebuilding.