Author Topic: Boston Celtics (34-12) at Toronto Raptors (20-26) Game #47 1/21/23  (Read 14948 times)

Re: Boston Celtics (34-12) at Toronto Raptors (20-26) Game #47 1/21/23
« Reply #300 on: January 21, 2023, 08:37:08 PM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 592
62 bench points is awesome!

Raptors should be embarrassed,  we spot them no JT , no Rob and no Smart and they can’t win a t home ……you got to ask yourself does the team have issues

They should call the cavs and do group therapy.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #301 on: January 21, 2023, 08:45:19 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I think the Raptors have to make some tough decisions.  They have way too much talent to be 20-27.  Boston was missing its best player tonight, lost three more guys as the game played out, and Toronto still found a way to screw it up. 

This everybody-on-the-roster-is-a-6'8"-PF experiment isn't working for them.  Time for some changes.
at this point, I'd have to agree.  there's just too much talent there for that team not to be playing better.   they would seem to need to move one of the many forwards for a legit big man and a SG.   

tossing out an idea - they've probably got the pieces to take a shot at getting Beal from Washington.  that would give them some balance and that 'guy' they can go to down the stretch to win games.

Do you keep Siakam and make everybody else available, or see if Scottie Barnes could be a foundation piece? Or do they just blow everything up and start over? Siakam, Barnes, FVV, OG…they do have some nice talent there. Maybe just replace the head coach?
honestly, if it were me running Toronto, I'd look to see how much else would have to be included with Siakam to get Beal.  if it's a first rounder or a minor player sure.  if it's more than that, I consider using Barnes as the centerpiece but not sure how I could possibly make the money match to get Beal.  that still leaves a center that needs to be picked up

« Reply #302 on: January 21, 2023, 08:46:30 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I think the Raptors have to make some tough decisions.  They have way too much talent to be 20-27.  Boston was missing its best player tonight, lost three more guys as the game played out, and Toronto still found a way to screw it up. 

This everybody-on-the-roster-is-a-6'8"-PF experiment isn't working for them.  Time for some changes.
at this point, I'd have to agree.  there's just too much talent there for that team not to be playing better.   they would seem to need to move one of the many forwards for a legit big man and a SG.   

tossing out an idea - they've probably got the pieces to take a shot at getting Beal from Washington.  that would give them some balance and that 'guy' they can go to down the stretch to win games.

Do you keep Siakam and make everybody else available, or see if Scottie Barnes could be a foundation piece? Or do they just blow everything up and start over? Siakam, Barnes, FVV, OG…they do have some nice talent there. Maybe just replace the head coach?
honestly, if it were me running Toronto, I'd look to see how much else would have to be included with Siakam to get Beal.  if it's a first rounder or a minor player sure.  if it's more than that, I consider using Barnes as the centerpiece but not sure how I could possibly make the money match to get Beal.  that still leaves a center that needs to be picked up

The Raptors should be getting a pick if they’re taking on Beal, not giving anything up.

« Reply #303 on: January 21, 2023, 08:48:49 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

The Raptors should be getting a pick if they’re taking on Beal, not giving anything up.
I think we have different evaluations of Beal and Siakam.  I think Siakam is still living off his year with Kawhi because he hasn't looked like the same player since.

« Reply #304 on: January 21, 2023, 08:57:23 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435

Beals contract is awful, but for Toronto could they really do any better? Vanfleet, Beal, OG, Barnes… Make a trade for a C. That’s an interesting team.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #305 on: January 21, 2023, 08:58:07 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525

I think we have different evaluations of Beal and Siakam.  I think Siakam is still living off his year with Kawhi because he hasn't looked like the same player since.

Looked very good to me today.  Money midrange. Created good looks for himself. He’s not a #1 but a really good player.

« Reply #306 on: January 21, 2023, 09:09:25 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Beals contract is awful, but for Toronto could they really do any better? Vanfleet, Beal, OG, Barnes… Make a trade for a C. That’s an interesting team.
that's pretty much where I was going.  add an offensive player like Beal and a center that can rebound and that would be a better structured team that I think would get better results.

« Reply #307 on: January 21, 2023, 09:11:04 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Looked very good to me today.  Money midrange. Created good looks for himself. He’s not a #1 but a really good player.
he did look good today but that's today.  not saying I wouldn't love to have him on the team but he's not displacing Tatum or Brown as a starter.  I just think Beal, despite the loaded contract, brings more consistency on offense and can facilitate for others better than Siakam. 

« Reply #308 on: January 21, 2023, 09:47:00 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806
Missed the last 3 quarters live but just finished watching the video.  Malcolm, Grant, and Payton helped win this game with their hustle and 3pt shooting.  JB with a solid game but 5 turnovers are too many.  Like John Lennon said...Number Nine.  On to Orlando and ten in a row.  Hope our walking wounded can play on Monday.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #309 on: January 22, 2023, 05:28:32 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Malcolm, Grant, and Payton helped win this game with their hustle and 3pt shooting

I thought Al's defense was critical in the final minutes of the game.  Securing rebounds, defending and that steal.

« Reply #310 on: January 22, 2023, 08:15:31 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Malcolm, Grant, and Payton helped win this game with their hustle and 3pt shooting

I thought Al's defense was critical in the final minutes of the game.  Securing rebounds, defending and that steal.

Yup

« Reply #311 on: January 22, 2023, 08:33:08 AM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806

Agree.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #312 on: January 22, 2023, 09:12:59 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Finally got to watch the DVR of the game, another solid win while down 3 starters. Our bench came through and showed composure, particularly at the end. We shot well from 3 this time and we needed to. Again they found a way, away from home, in a hostile building. They're far from a finished product but these experiences are all helping them build resilience which they will need in June.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #313 on: January 22, 2023, 10:14:58 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I enjoy the routes of opponents , blow outs as much as anybody .  In the long run tho these difficult won games will build team confidence more and they will be the ones the players remember of, how hard they worked to get each victory .