Author Topic: Celtics (31-12) at Hornets (11-32) Game #44 1/14/23  (Read 11504 times)

Re: Celtics (31-12) at Hornets (11-32) Game #44 1/14/23
« Reply #195 on: January 14, 2023, 09:19:53 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
6 in a row! Let’s go!! TP’s!!!

Let's keep building that W streak, leggo!!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #196 on: January 14, 2023, 10:12:27 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
watched on tape delay.  tonight's hot takes:
- play in first quarter and first half of the second quarter was bad.  had me worried this was going to be a trap game they were going to blow.
- Brogdon came up big in the second half.  desperately needed his points.
- Smart, despite the 12 assists, stunk.  bad shots offense fizzled a lot of the time with him out there and still can't seem to stop making overly fancy passes when simple ones will get the job done better.  also knocked White out of the game, if not longer, with that boneheaded idea to run by White on the sideline where there was little room to go by. 
- Tatum had a terrific hot streak in the 3rd quarter to put the team ahead but his 3 point struggles continue. 
- Kornet and Pritchard helped with decent minutes off the bench.  not sure why we're still getting little offensive production out of Grant though.  Hauser needs to add some offense as well.  made such a huge difference in the early part of the season.

Al had a solid game with 16pts,8rebs, 6assists,2steals, and 0 turnovers.
during the interview with Abby Chin they put his name up as Alpha Horford.  they must have thought he was the Alpha Male out there tonight.  ;D

« Reply #197 on: January 14, 2023, 10:21:06 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Anyone else also getting more comfortable with Kornet as our 3rd string center as the season progresses? I used to think we needed another solid big, but Kornet has proven himself to me.

« Reply #198 on: January 14, 2023, 10:23:49 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Anyone else also getting more comfortable with Kornet as our 3rd string center as the season progresses? I used to think we needed another solid big, but Kornet has proven himself to me.

I think he’s definitely earned his spot as the third string big.

« Reply #199 on: January 14, 2023, 10:25:20 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

I think he’s definitely earned his spot as the third string big.
he's been better than expected but I honestly would like to have someone better backing up Rob

« Reply #200 on: January 14, 2023, 11:16:21 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
I'm concerned about Tatum's and Smart's 3-point shooting.

Smart has gotten much better this season about not taking bad shots until recently it feels like he has regressed.
Obviously, tonite was a disaster. 3 for 12, he just kept shooting them.

Tatum, it seems has been off for awhile now.
His shooting hand is all banged up and he has fingers taped, so that will cause problems.
He also looks exhausted. Joe needs to make rest a priority for these guys so we don't run out of gas like last season.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2023, 11:44:51 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
I'm concerned about Tatum's and Smart's 3-point shooting.

Smart has gotten much better this season about not taking bad shots until recently it feels like he has regressed.
Obviously, tonite was a disaster. 3 for 12, he just kept shooting them.

Tatum, it seems has been off for awhile now.
His shooting hand is all banged up and he has fingers taped, so that will cause problems.
He also looks exhausted. Joe needs to make rest a priority for these guys so we don't run out of gas like last season.

I think Smart forces some shots when guys are out to try to compensate.

Tatum has a lingering hand injury that bothers his shooting. He mentioned it the other day.

« Reply #202 on: January 15, 2023, 12:10:02 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
A couple of quick takes-
About 4 minutes into the 3Q I knew they were winning this game. The reason was they were getting after it on the defensive end. Against bad teams, a decent defensive effort is all that's required most nights.

Those who continue to doubt Luke, give it a rest. This guy will have a 10 year NBA career - granted as a bench guy. But he hustles his butt off defensively, sets great picks and has decent hands so he can convert his few opportunities to score. They also have him dirt cheap by NBA standards.

PP deserves more minutes but I'm pretty sure he'll be out of here by next season - his choice. He can play more and make more money elsewhere. The guy is an amazing rebounder for his size. And they're probably a better offensive team with him on the court vs say White or Smart.

Brogdon is a stud. So glad he's a Celtic vs wrecking the Celtics.

If Grant keeps not having as consistent an impact as in the past, he's going to be easier to re-sign.

I'm impressed that even in scrub time, the reserves treat it like mid game. They kept up the defensive hustle when they came on.

It looks like this is a 60 win team, assuming no major injuries.

« Reply #203 on: January 15, 2023, 01:18:07 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
If Grant keeps not having as consistent an impact as in the past, he's going to be easier to re-sign.
Makes it easier to trade him too for an upgrade.

« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2023, 02:04:31 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
Are we underrating White's value to this team?
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #205 on: January 15, 2023, 04:38:59 AM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
Are we underrating White's value to this team?

Yes, I'm not, but many others are.

Seems many have forgotten when we got him last year, the sentiments were similar to acquiring Brogdon this year.
The only thing he struggles with is streaky shooting, like most of this team.
But he has been a glue guy since Day 1 and having both him and Brogdon is a luxury most teams don't have.

« Reply #206 on: January 15, 2023, 04:43:52 AM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
Rob with another solid game...12reb,3assists,2steals and 0 turnovers.

I have grown to love Rob Williams. He is only going to get better.

Celtics staff need to work hard with him to develop some offense 8' and in - soft jumper off the glass, baby hook.
He doesn't even look at the basket when he catches it in the lane area.

« Reply #207 on: January 15, 2023, 09:19:48 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Rob with another solid game...12reb,3assists,2steals and 0 turnovers.

I have grown to love Rob Williams. He is only going to get better.

Celtics staff need to work hard with him to develop some offense 8' and in - soft jumper off the glass, baby hook.
He doesn't even look at the basket when he catches it in the lane area.

My thoughts as well.  Just give him a look or two a game on a set play.  If he can develop as just a little bit of a threat as a shooter in the post they are all the more potent.  He’s already a great cutter and clean up guy, and can pass the ball well.  I think he can shoot the ball ok, he’s just reluctant to do so.
Yup

« Reply #208 on: January 15, 2023, 09:46:11 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
A couple of quick takes-
About 4 minutes into the 3Q I knew they were winning this game. The reason was they were getting after it on the defensive end. Against bad teams, a decent defensive effort is all that's required most nights.

Those who continue to doubt Luke, give it a rest. This guy will have a 10 year NBA career - granted as a bench guy. But he hustles his butt off defensively, sets great picks and has decent hands so he can convert his few opportunities to score. They also have him dirt cheap by NBA standards.

PP deserves more minutes but I'm pretty sure he'll be out of here by next season - his choice. He can play more and make more money elsewhere. The guy is an amazing rebounder for his size. And they're probably a better offensive team with him on the court vs say White or Smart.

I'm impressed that even in scrub time, the reserves treat it like mid game. They kept up the defensive hustle when they came on.

Sorry I still see a poor defender with terrible hands.

« Reply #209 on: January 15, 2023, 06:10:51 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
A couple of quick takes-

Sorry I still see a poor defender with terrible hands.
Nothing to be sorry about. We disagree.