Author Topic: Clippers (21-15) at Celtics (25-10) Game #36 12/29/22  (Read 12801 times)

Re: Clippers (21-15) at Celtics (25-10) Game #36 12/29/22
« Reply #300 on: December 30, 2022, 11:55:07 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Hats off to coach DS .   Not an easy job to be tossed into on a moments notice.  I couldn’t do it , that’s  for sure.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2022, 03:40:43 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #301 on: December 30, 2022, 12:05:42 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Damon with a solid job coaching another win.

I like him better than Statue Joe, he was engaged and used his timeouts well.
I would like to see us get back to our off-ball movement.
The ball is moving well, but the players not as much right now.

You do realize that there are lots of coaches who looked very engaged yet are disasters and get fired all the time? That isnt what makes a good coach. The Cs also executed poorly down the stretch, if that was Mazz you'd be criticising that.

You complain when things arent the same as your traditional beliefs. You complained about Abby you complained about freakin cheerleaders. Things change, innovations happen, time moves.

Anyway I popped in to post one last time. Guys who I respected are moving away from these boards due to sheer amount of negativity even in wins. Celticsclay, nick etc are now gone and Im stuck with grumpy guys who overreact to little things and Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. about everything.

To roy, gouki, ozgoz and the rest of guys i respect thanks for all the good times. Jpotter who I sometimes disagree with but is still rational thanks for the debates.

These forums have been fun through good and bad times. Sad the negativity is starting to overpower everything. See ya!
rock, i sent you a pm.

sorry to see you go, but i understand your point on negativity, it has grown here over time and is a problem. i have stepped away myself a few times just to avoid it.

good luck to you and happy new year. i also hope to see you pop back in once in a while.

Second these comments from hwangjini.

Some fans are just never 100% happy...and that's ok.

I just don't understand expecting everyone to feel or think the same. It's what makes this forum so wonderful.  Fans from all around the world who are Celtics fans. How they choose to be a fan is up to them.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #302 on: December 30, 2022, 12:19:12 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

You do realize that there are lots of coaches who looked very engaged yet are disasters and get fired all the time? That isnt what makes a good coach. The Cs also executed poorly down the stretch, if that was Mazz you'd be criticising that.

You complain when things arent the same as your traditional beliefs. You complained about Abby you complained about freakin cheerleaders. Things change, innovations happen, time moves.

Anyway I popped in to post one last time. Guys who I respected are moving away from these boards due to sheer amount of negativity even in wins. Celticsclay, nick etc are now gone and Im stuck with grumpy guys who overreact to little things and Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. about everything.

To roy, gouki, ozgoz and the rest of guys i respect thanks for all the good times. Jpotter who I sometimes disagree with but is still rational thanks for the debates.

These forums have been fun through good and bad times. Sad the negativity is starting to overpower everything. See ya!

Really disappointed that you are leaving.

I hear you re: the negativity - and I probably contribute to it - but I still enjoy coming here.  Hopefully will be great to be a part of this forum over the next few years of being in contention. Could be a great era for Celtics basketball.

Really hope you will reconsider!  Hope Nick comes back too.  Clay is still posting.

« Reply #303 on: December 30, 2022, 12:36:10 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
I know that there are ups and downs to an NBA season, but our mini losing streak had me second guessing if we are as good as I thought. I love to see that we have righted the ship through tough matchups in the Bucks and Clippers. This team has been a delight to watch, and hopefully this is only the beginning.

Ah the ups and downs of fandom  8)
#JKJB

« Reply #304 on: December 30, 2022, 02:16:23 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540

Really disappointed that you are leaving.

I hear you re: the negativity - and I probably contribute to it - but I still enjoy coming here.  Hopefully will be great to be a part of this forum over the next few years of being in contention. Could be a great era for Celtics basketball.

Really hope you will reconsider!  Hope Nick comes back too.  Clay is still posting.
It does get super toxic when the C's are losing. Some here think they should win every single game and by 20 points.  News flash, every NBA team loses. Sometimes there are schedule losses - other times the team doesn't feel like playing that night - other times they just get beat because they got outplayed.

Where it falls apart is when those who make dumb comments get challenged on those comments. They don't appreciate that too much.