Author Topic: NBA Season 2022-23  (Read 294400 times)

Re: NBA Season 2022-23
« Reply #4005 on: June 14, 2023, 12:20:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1551
Dallas said they won't help anyone get Kyrie in a sign and trade. They will not co-operate. So no way MIA can get Kyrie this summer. Or Phoenix.
then they lose him for nothing which is just dumb
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #4006 on: June 14, 2023, 12:32:48 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Dallas said they won't help anyone get Kyrie in a sign and trade. They will not co-operate. So no way MIA can get Kyrie this summer. Or Phoenix.

To which team do you think?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #4007 on: June 14, 2023, 12:50:25 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

What about Phoenix?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #4008 on: June 14, 2023, 01:21:25 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934

What about Phoenix?

But Phoenix can’t get him without help either, no? Even with few on their roster, they’ll still need a S&T or some significant movement to be able to sign him outright without help.

« Reply #4009 on: June 14, 2023, 01:21:41 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412

I disagree. It reduces Kyrie's market considerably and makes it much more likely that he re-signs there. Good move by Dallas in my book.

« Reply #4010 on: June 14, 2023, 02:01:05 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871

I disagree. It reduces Kyrie's market considerably and makes it much more likely that he re-signs there. Good move by Dallas in my book.

Exactly, it is a call my bluff move by Dallas.  I don't know the exact numbers but Dallas can resign him to a big contract.  Other teams will need actual cap space to come even close.  Or work out a sign and trade.  So Kyrie can sign with a bad team that has cap space, take a severe pay cut to sign with a good team, or resign with Dallas.  Dallas is betting that Kyrie will not want to play for a bad team and will not leave big money on the table.  Probably a good bet.

« Reply #4011 on: June 14, 2023, 06:06:18 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Doc Rivers says it was ‘challenging’ coaching James Harden

“It was challenging. More because we were fighting two things, and not like visually fighting. James was so good at playing one way, and the way I believe you have to play to win, in some ways is different because it’s a lot of giving up the ball, moving the ball and coming back to the ball.”

You could see it. And then there was talk about James wanting to get back to "playing like himself" next season after Philly got eliminated.

Doc has faults, but he's right in this regard. Philly can't run a Harden-centric offense with Embiid in the mix. And then you have Maxey who is developing. It makes no sense.
Philly's only chance of beating us was when Harden was being aggressive with his shot-making. If Doc is the one who pushed him towards that pass at all costs style we saw, then he is wrong.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #4012 on: June 14, 2023, 09:01:12 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1441

So Kyrie agrees to a new contract with Dallas and then sabotages the team until they are forced to trade him. Sounds likely.  :laugh:
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #4013 on: June 14, 2023, 09:15:18 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
Why would Kyrie stay with Dallas lol can't coexist with Luka there and they look like a mess right now.

They'll lose him for nothing, he'll be headed to Lakers or Miami eventually

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4014 on: June 14, 2023, 09:30:38 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Exactly, it is a call my bluff move by Dallas.  I don't know the exact numbers but Dallas can resign him to a big contract.  Other teams will need actual cap space to come even close.  Or work out a sign and trade.  So Kyrie can sign with a bad team that has cap space, take a severe pay cut to sign with a good team, or resign with Dallas.  Dallas is betting that Kyrie will not want to play for a bad team and will not leave big money on the table.  Probably a good bet.
It is Kyrie, I wouldn't take that bet at all. He might sign for the veteran minimum just for spite.  I also wouldn't count out a place like Houston, especially if they are really aggressive and land someone else in free agency or trade.  They certainly might sign Kyrie and Kyrie might actually go there. 

But it is mostly a dumb move because it eliminates options.  What if a team would be willing to give up something incredibly valuable to Dallas.  They've eliminated that possibility. 

You never take options off the table and you should never waste a potential asset, which is what this type of decision potentially does.  Just another in a long line of stupid decisions from the Mavs.  Only a matter or time before they alienate Luka and he walks out the door.

« Reply #4015 on: June 15, 2023, 12:10:26 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I figured I bring up this question here, as it may be short lived. Las Vegas has an NHL team, an NFL team, and recently approved public funding for the Athletics MLB team. Does the NBA want in? Is yes, will it be part of relocating a team? Or possibly, add a team in Vegas and go back and add one in Seattle?

« Reply #4016 on: June 15, 2023, 12:17:33 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002
I figured I bring up this question here, as it may be short lived. Las Vegas has an NHL team, an NFL team, and recently approved public funding for the Athletics MLB team. Does the NBA want in? Is yes, will it be part of relocating a team? Or possibly, add a team in Vegas and go back and add one in Seattle?

Two major sports teams were relocated to Vegas, while an expansion team was created. NBA should ought to want in so that city has all four major sports teams. They'll have to be in the pacific division though. Maybe the Suns will transfer to the Southwest Div

Add Seattle back in the mix and they good to go. Two new teams being created as I can't see what other franchise don't want their team in their city currently.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #4017 on: June 15, 2023, 04:57:24 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen

What about Phoenix?

But Phoenix can’t get him without help either, no? Even with few on their roster, they’ll still need a S&T or some significant movement to be able to sign him outright without help.

I guess it depends on what kind of deal we think is out there for him - honestly I was thinking that any team would be stupid to sign Kyrie to more than a league minimum deal, but you're right that he probably demands more than that.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #4018 on: June 15, 2023, 05:58:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Isn't it a fairly known fact that Lebron James is going to own (at least partly) a Las Vegas NBA team.

« Reply #4019 on: June 15, 2023, 06:04:56 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
Isn't it a fairly known fact that Lebron James is going to own (at least partly) a Las Vegas NBA team.
It's a fact in that he's said that he would want it to happen a couple of times, yes.

Of course, the NBA has ties to Vegas and if there's one current player who could feasibly be an owner, it's LeBron. I wouldn't be surprised, in other words, but I'm not sure it's settled yet.