Author Topic: Patriots 2022 Season  (Read 54426 times)

Re: Patriots 2022 Season
« Reply #1290 on: January 24, 2023, 10:54:44 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 680
Bill O'Brien will return to the Patriots after agreeing to a deal Tuesday to become New England's next offensive coordinator, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Low.

O'Brien, 53, who spent the past two seasons as the offensive coordinator under Nick Saban at Alabama, now is back to where his NFL career began in 2007 as a coaching assistant.

In that first stint in New England, O'Brien quickly rose through the ranks on Bill Belichick's coaching staff to quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator, spending three years (2009-11) in that role before departing for head-coaching positions at Penn State (2012-13) and with the Houston Texans (2014-20).
Patriot fans are happy and Bama fans are happy.

Did you see this kids reaction to Bill O’Brien? Pretty incredible…
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j8fBG-9SA5Y

« Reply #1291 on: January 24, 2023, 11:00:19 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Sam Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1927
  • On To Banner 18!
Bill O'Brien will return to the Patriots after agreeing to a deal Tuesday to become New England's next offensive coordinator, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Low.

O'Brien, 53, who spent the past two seasons as the offensive coordinator under Nick Saban at Alabama, now is back to where his NFL career began in 2007 as a coaching assistant.

In that first stint in New England, O'Brien quickly rose through the ranks on Bill Belichick's coaching staff to quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator, spending three years (2009-11) in that role before departing for head-coaching positions at Penn State (2012-13) and with the Houston Texans (2014-20).

This is my Super Bowl Victory  :angel:

Patricia being fired from the organization (or just him leaving it entirely) would be the other
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1292 on: January 24, 2023, 06:38:12 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 526

Funny but at the same time ridiculous.  Just how badly had the father been vilifying O'Brien to have his kid react that way. 

« Reply #1293 on: January 24, 2023, 08:38:08 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2274

Funny but at the same time ridiculous.  Just how badly had the father been vilifying O'Brien to have his kid react that way.

That was awful.

« Reply #1294 on: January 24, 2023, 11:21:13 PM »

Online Moranis

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1417

That was awful.
I agree.  You give one kid a Deandre Hopkins autographed helmet and the other kids gets an autographed picture of Bill O'Brien.  That just isn't right.  Clear discrepancy in the gift.  I sure hope the O'Brien was a joke and the kid got a helmet with Watson or some other player signed on it (and I say watson since Deandre isn't on the Texans anymore)
I was finally wrong. Boston not only didn't win in 5, but didn't win at all.

« Reply #1295 on: January 24, 2023, 11:28:44 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 526

That was awful.
I agree.  You give one kid a Deandre Hopkins autographed helmet and the other kids gets an autographed picture of Bill O'Brien.  That just isn't right.  Clear discrepancy in the gift.  I sure hope the O'Brien was a joke and the kid got a helmet with Watson or some other player signed on it (and I say watson since Deandre isn't on the Texans anymore)
I'm assuming it was a gag gift the way it was staged. 

« Reply #1296 on: January 25, 2023, 02:43:35 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2274

That was awful.
I'm assuming it was a gag gift the way it was staged.

There’s probably more to the story - and worse things have been done to kids - but yeah, it was a gag gift after giving the brother a special gift that provoked an over the top reaction. The O’Brien photo was for a good laugh at the expense of a kid. As someone who had a dad who was big on teasing to get a reaction - I’m probably over-sensitive to it. Some will think it’s all in fun, no big deal; some might even think it builds toughness. I  thought it was mean. Not saying I think the dad is a bad dad (there’s a lot more to it than one clip), just not my cup o’ tea.