Author Topic: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?  (Read 57389 times)

Re: What’s the Last TV Series You Watched?
« Reply #270 on: February 03, 2023, 12:17:13 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
  So many shows that I found interesting got cancelled. I loved Bloodline that was on Netflix. Ben Mendelssohn had maybe my favorite tv performance ever on that show . Great cast.

He was absolutely brilliant in that. They were probably talking about that throughout Hollywood before the first season aired, so probably why he landed the Rogue One role and the Ready Player One role.

« Reply #271 on: February 03, 2023, 12:22:40 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
I’m watching Gangs of London on AMC+.

It’s completely over the top.  Gratuitous and brutal violence, a crazy plot, weekly mass murders, torture, gay orgies, terrorist attacks and Colm Meaney.

Sign me up for some Colm Meaney. Very underrated actor who still deserves better opportunities.

« Reply #272 on: February 03, 2023, 12:24:58 AM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Just finished watching the 3rd episode of The Last of Us.  Powerful entertainment!  Unlike the first two episodes that focused on how the world was being overtaken by a global pandemic, this episode takes a sharp turn.  An unexpected story about two people who fall in love and take care of each other in a messed up world.

Very good episode.  But...

That’s not the Quabbin? I think they just forgot a zero.  :laugh:

Hell, that's not even the Wachusett!  ;)
And what was that mystery/non-existant museum!

I thought the 3rd episode was the best yet.

Tying in a side story with new characters, while still advancing the main plot is something The Walking Dead lost the ability to do years ago!
The episode was fine but it didn't really advance the main plot much.  They killed off the new characters in the same episode and the new characters didn't even interact with the main characters in the current time.  They could have just had the main characters show up and find the two guys dead without the side story.

I guess it more, in a very detailed side story way, explained how the plot could plausibly advance…

Yeah.  World-building is important.

*spoiler alert* and Bill is alive in the video game at this point of the universe, so they made fans of the game excited at the beginning of the episode and some possibly very disappointed at the end. The middle of the episode and end probably made some a little more compassionate about that sorta thing, too. Good TV.

« Reply #273 on: February 11, 2023, 09:13:11 PM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806
Just finished watching the 4th episode of The Last of Us.  Back on track after a detour on the 3rd episode.  Really like this series. The relationship between the two main characters is growing and this episode ends with a cliffhanger. 
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #274 on: February 11, 2023, 10:23:26 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Good Omen. Came out a few years ago. Last episode is a bit cheesy but I liked the series quit a bit.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #275 on: February 13, 2023, 10:52:31 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Just finished watching the 4th episode of The Last of Us.  Back on track after a detour on the 3rd episode.  Really like this series. The relationship between the two main characters is growing and this episode ends with a cliffhanger.

The 5th episode was incredible. Best yet. Show is so good…
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 11:58:05 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #276 on: February 14, 2023, 05:32:54 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
I haven't watched the show but I did play the game when it came out - how close in vibe is the Last of Us TV show to Cormac McCarthy's The Road (and the film, though I haven't seen it)? The game certainly took a lot of inspiration from that novel.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #277 on: February 14, 2023, 08:38:30 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

the show has been really good so far.  I'm a bit surprised considering it's based on a video game.  It's as good as The Walking Dead at the height of its quality

« Reply #278 on: February 14, 2023, 08:57:50 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Enjoying Last of Us

Just finished watching Half Bad (The Edited for profanity.  Please do not do it again. Son and the Devil Himself).  I think I may be a bit older than its target audience.  It was a wee bit hokey, but I enjoyed it for some brainless Witch violence before bed.

Also started re-watching Bojack Horseman.  At its best I will stack Bojack up against any show ever! 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 09:21:41 AM by Redz »
Yup

« Reply #279 on: February 14, 2023, 09:04:12 AM »

Offline Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1806

Agree!  Watched the 5th yesterday.  Not what I expected.
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #280 on: February 14, 2023, 09:23:08 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Agree!  Watched the 5th yesterday.  Not what I expected.

At this point do we just start needing to anticipate the outcome of any ancillary characters?
Yup

« Reply #281 on: February 17, 2023, 09:26:40 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I'm very interested to watch this one:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sarah-lawrence-cult-documentary-director-interview-warning-signs-021330203.html

As a law clerk I was involved with cases involving this creep, and his unfortunate family.  In my career, I've had some extremely interesting cases, including disputes involving the mafia, celebrities, professional athletes and organizations, disputes seeking over $100 million in damages, horrific crimes, etc.  This case stands out in my mind more than any other.  20 years after the fact, I still remember the name of his kids.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 09:32:22 AM by Roy H. »

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #282 on: February 17, 2023, 09:56:12 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2952
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm very interested to watch this one:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/sarah-lawrence-cult-documentary-director-interview-warning-signs-021330203.html

As a law clerk I was involved with cases involving this creep, and his unfortunate family.  In my career, I've had some extremely interesting cases, including disputes involving the mafia, celebrities, professional athletes and organizations, disputes seeking over $100 million in damages, horrific crimes, etc.  This case stands out in my mind more than any other.  20 years after the fact, I still remember the name of his kids.

Dang. But wow that's cool and interesting. Can we call you Detective Roy!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #283 on: February 17, 2023, 10:16:36 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  There’s so many of these scams. It’s hard to imagine all the people born into immense wealth that fall into these things. You can crash one easy. There’s one on Hancock street in Quincy. Walk right in they give you a name tag. Me and friend did it as a gag.
   They led us through these doors to auditorium where people are going on stage and telling stories of their outrageous success. They put attractive young women in there  as plants to try to start up convos with people with those name tags. It’s incredibly easy to see it’s a scam .
   Go in say you have a couple of boats ( I don’t really) and watch them scramble on their headsets to alert their higher ups. It’s wild.

« Reply #284 on: February 17, 2023, 09:11:14 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Finished the Docuseries “100 Foot Wave” on HBO.  It was really well done. Mother Nature at it’s finest…

Trailer: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=znCNT-9k_Ws
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.