Author Topic: Will Smith smacks Chris Rock at Oscars  (Read 21960 times)

Re: Will Smith smacks Chris Rock at Oscars
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2022, 11:01:22 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
That was one of those WTH moments that turn super awkward  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2022, 11:03:38 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1362
looks fake
Don't think so, it was a bit too awkward for my mind.
I could maybe buy the punch itself being fake, but the shouting after he sat back down felt a bit too real. Rock was obviously shook by the whole situation, and the whole audience just completely died.

Also the fact that Will Smith dropped the f-bomb twice on American tv is pretty much proof that this wasn't staged.

Also all the footage that circulated with Denzel and Tyler and Bradley Cooper and Nicole Kidman hugging Smith after during the commercial break, that stuff definitely wasn't staged.

I was a little surprised initially because Will laughed initially, but then I think he looked at his wife and she wasn't amused so he got up and stood up for her. Bit over the top to smack someone because of a joke though, even if it was a terrible one.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2022, 11:16:06 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
My son had alopecia areata when he was 10. He was made fun of and bullied in school over it. One day, at his soccer game a parent called him baldy from the sidelines and I heard it.

Can't say I reacted much differently than Will Smith. Being a coach, it was a bad look. But every player on my team thanked me and a slew of parents gave me "Well done" pats on the back.

Alopecia is a tough disease to handle for those that should have full heads of hair, kids and women, especially. Whoever allowed that joke to be included should be fired. If Rock improvised it, don't bring him back.

As for Will, as with me, not a good look, but I completely understand his passion, rage and what he did and why.

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2022, 11:22:15 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Will uncomfortably laughed at first, then looked over and saw the hurt in his wife eyes.

If she was just "styling" with a new hair thing, then she's open game IMO, but she's sick with an illness that she's obviously sensitive about, yeah Chris got what he deserved. Perhaps Will could have waited for later?

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2022, 11:32:58 AM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291
Hearing people wondering if we'll see an increase in violence against comedians doing crowd work in clubs now. It can already be dangerous work sometimes.

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2022, 11:39:13 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Hearing people wondering if we'll see an increase in violence against comedians doing crowd work in clubs now. It can already be dangerous work sometimes.

I hope not.  We need comedians right now, if only to keep our sanity.  Laughing about horrible things helps many of us cope.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2022, 11:47:50 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
All the jokes he could've made about their 'open relationship' and the fact Will Smith is basically a cuckold now and he chose that. Moron.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2022, 11:48:43 AM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4586
My son had alopecia areata when he was 10. He was made fun of and bullied in school over it. One day, at his soccer game a parent called him baldy from the sidelines and I heard it.

Can't say I reacted much differently than Will Smith. Being a coach, it was a bad look. But every player on my team thanked me and a slew of parents gave me "Well done" pats on the back.

Alopecia is a tough disease to handle for those that should have full heads of hair, kids and women, especially. Whoever allowed that joke to be included should be fired. If Rock improvised it, don't bring him back.

As for Will, as with me, not a good look, but I completely understand his passion, rage and what he did and why.

I'm personally in the camp of I don't find the joke (GI Jane, not baldy) offensive.  Because being called GI Jane is not really an insult (to me).

So let me ask you this, if that guy at the soccer game said something like, "who's guarding Mr. Clean?" would you be as upset?  To me, that's more like what the GI Jane joke is, more "lighthearted" not really derogatory.

And I'm someone who went through chemo at 16-17,went  completely hairless, and had a lot of bald jokes made about me (mostly Powder), not all were funny, but none were insulting, because let's face it, I was bald.  But I'm also a guy with thick skin, not a younger kid or a woman, who I can understand might not have the same outlook as me.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2022, 11:49:13 AM »

Offline BruceBanner18

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 73
Baldness has many causes. Happens in men and women of all ages. When it happens to an "A-List" female celebrity it's a "disease". Lol
« Last Edit: March 28, 2022, 11:58:04 AM by BruceBanner18 »

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2022, 12:10:38 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 590
Smith slaps a guy for making a joke about his wife, but does nothing to the dudes having their way with her. There's a reason twitter had a certain word trending after this.

She's nasty and he's a clown with no self respect.

Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2022, 12:11:44 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
Baldness has many causes. Happens in men and women of all ages. When it happens to an "A-List" female celebrity it's a "disease". Lol

Right. Hollywood had made bank off of making fun of the looks of all types.

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2022, 12:28:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I'm personally in the camp of I don't find the joke (GI Jane, not baldy) offensive.  Because being called GI Jane is not really an insult (to me).

So let me ask you this, if that guy at the soccer game said something like, "who's guarding Mr. Clean?" would you be as upset?  To me, that's more like what the GI Jane joke is, more "lighthearted" not really derogatory.

And I'm someone who went through chemo at 16-17,went  completely hairless, and had a lot of bald jokes made about me (mostly Powder), not all were funny, but none were insulting, because let's face it, I was bald.  But I'm also a guy with thick skin, not a younger kid or a woman, who I can understand might not have the same outlook as me.
That joke would not have changed my reaction. That, to a ten year old that's already being bullied over his condition, is no different than just calling him baldy. Maybe worse because you are making that child the butt of the joke.

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2022, 12:30:03 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Laughed at this given I am a wrestling nerd:

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2022, 12:35:16 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Alopecia is a disease. It's not normal baldness.

Does this look like normal baldness?

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2022, 12:36:00 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
Saw a joke saying "Will's marriage is open to everything, except jokes."

;D