Author Topic: Possible #30 picks  (Read 48198 times)

Re: Possible #30 picks
« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2008, 11:45:31 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Well Hansbrough decided to stay in school, so the Celtics won't have a chance of getting him if he slipped, and next year we don't have a first round pick, so there's no chance the Celtics get to draft him.

Anyways, this sucks in my opinion because he was just another body for teams to draft and possibly make better players available later in the draft, in the first round.

With that said, I'd love Bill Walker because from what I've seen he plays good defense.

While we are at it, I love how DraftExpress has us drafting TWO pointguards.  Are they nuts?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2008, 12:08:18 AM by BudweiserCeltic »

« Reply #91 on: May 03, 2008, 07:02:11 AM »

Offline RmbrRuss

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
1) we must try to solve the defensive softness which occurs when Garnett goes out...we still need tall so
  a)Hibbert ...(he won't be there)
  b) Omer Asik  7'220  Turkey
  c)Devon Hardin 6'10"  240 (2 yrs ago he looked great...leg injuries?  seems to have faded since)
  d) Nikola Pekovic 6'11" 243  serbia

e) Dozier of Memphis...6'9/10  long

2) The "promise" of our team hopefully will suck a backup point guard...Rondo is fine  ..Doc should be shot for mucking with his head by pulling him at the end of game 6 vs Atlanta. That speed prob would have gotten that extra
possesion that could have won that game.

« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2008, 12:27:56 PM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102
1) we must try to solve the defensive softness which occurs when Garnett goes out...we still need tall so
  a)Hibbert ...(he won't be there)
  b) Omer Asik  7'220  Turkey
  c)Devon Hardin 6'10"  240 (2 yrs ago he looked great...leg injuries?  seems to have faded since)
  d) Nikola Pekovic 6'11" 243  serbia

e) Dozier of Memphis...6'9/10  long

2) The "promise" of our team hopefully will suck a backup point guard...Rondo is fine  ..Doc should be shot for mucking with his head by pulling him at the end of game 6 vs Atlanta. That speed prob would have gotten that extra
possesion that could have won that game.

See, I think we need to solve the OFFENSEive difficulties we have when the jump shots aren't falling, or the refs aren't showing PP any love.

An offensive minded big man to spell Perk for 15 minutes could change fortunes when things are going poorly.

« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2008, 10:15:08 AM »

Offline PRIDE

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 41
I think we'll go for a someone that can bring some defensive energy off the bench. A SG/SF or a Big.

After that I think we should just go with the best player available so we can build for the future.

« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2008, 11:43:41 AM »

Offline Triboy16

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 24
we need a defensive minded big man who has offensive potential or a sf/sg who can score at will

looks like where we will pick there are alot more big man avail

« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2008, 12:27:51 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
we need a defensive minded big man who has offensive potential or a sf/sg who can score at will

looks like where we will pick there are alot more big man avail

It really depends how things fall.  There is a good chance that one of the talented wings (Rush, CDR, Walker, Lee) falls to us.  Any of those three could end up being very good players very quickly.

I am not completely sold on most of the bigs that would be picked that late.  I think if we do pick a big man, it will probably be someone we can leave over seas to develop for another year or two.

« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2008, 01:08:58 PM »

Offline Emperor Young

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
Courtney lee or bill walker

« Reply #97 on: May 24, 2008, 08:06:39 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
1 Nathan Jawai

2 Brandon Rush

3 Mario Chalmers

4 Robin Lopez

5 Kosta Koufis

6 Ty Lawson

7 some Euro to stash for 2 years like Nikola Pekovic or Goran Dragic

« Reply #98 on: May 24, 2008, 08:20:02 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
If Jason Thompson from Rider falls to 30 I would love to see him in green.  Leon Powe 2.0.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #99 on: May 24, 2008, 10:00:33 PM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
I agree with MA11 about jason thompson...leon powe + three inches....not as muscular but also a good shot blocker....if not him...kyle weaver

« Reply #100 on: May 24, 2008, 10:07:05 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I have to say, if we don't make a horrendous mistake, we should get a quality player in this draft regardless of what we look for.  I'm quite optimistic, there are quite a few players I really like.

« Reply #101 on: May 24, 2008, 11:31:13 PM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
Joey Dorsey?
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #102 on: May 24, 2008, 11:31:46 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Oh sure, dozens of these are available at 30.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #103 on: May 26, 2008, 09:32:39 AM »

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Does anyone know anything about Nathan Jawai?  I've never seen him play, but I read his nbadraft.net profile and am very intrigued.  According to his profile, he has size, athleticism, and a nasty attitude, which I think will serve him well in the NBA.  He doesn't have much experience though.  Has anyone seen him play?

« Reply #104 on: May 26, 2008, 09:59:16 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
First off, I wouldn't be surprised to see this pick traded for 2 #2's, or a future 1st and a current 2nd, Portland has 3 second rounders, Seattle has 4 - so if a guy like Bill Walker is high on our list, it'd make sense to trade down for him...

Personally, I think Chris Douglas Roberts would be perfect for this team. I do think we'd need to move up, or hope to heck he falls, but he would be such a great guy to learn from Pierce, Ray, Posey (fingers crossed) - I saw so much out of him in the NCAA tourney, and he's fundamentally sound, but unique, which is a qualtiy that can make guys special in the NBA - I've honestly never seen someone with a release around the basket like his, and he's got the strength to make it work - I really like this kid

Joey Dorsey would be a nice lunch pail guy to  bring in, assuming Powe won't be around after next year (he's gonna get paid, and I don't think the green will come from the green)

There's a lot of international guys projeced in the 2nd round - it hasn't really been Danny's way to go after these guys since Jiri Welsch left, so who knows... I trust his instinct on them, as we all know everyone possible has been scouted heavily

Big thing here is someone who is projected a top 25 will drop to 30, it always happens, if we're lucky, someone who's projected a top 10 will drop (a la Rashard Lewis) and you make the no brainer pick - this is why Danny shouldn't promise anyone anything, Imagine Darell Arthur drops, and you see it coming, then all of a sudden you hear, with the 30th pick in the NBA draft, the Boston Celtics select Kosta Koufas... that would not be cool
When you love life, life loves you right back