Author Topic: Danny Ainge says he won’t be afraid to deal Brooklyn pick  (Read 4578 times)

Danny Ainge says he won’t be afraid to deal Brooklyn pick
« on: February 05, 2016, 09:35:30 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
“Sure. The Brooklyn pick could be had for the right person,” Ainge noted. “It’€™s going to be a costly price, as it would be for some of our best players. Look, we’€™re not looking to trade the Brooklyn pick, but at the same time, I could certainly see some things that we would do for the Brooklyn pick. And they wouldn’€™t be taking risks.

“We value [the Brooklyn pick]. Even the chance, even a small chance to get a very talented player is worth [keeping the pick] because you have some chance. And you can’€™t just give up a chance to get a really good player unless [it’s] for another really good player.”

Ainge added, “It would have to be, certainly, a very good player. And also it probably wouldn’t be someone in their 30s. That would have to be a good young player because again, even if we had a 5 percent or a 10 percent or a 15 percent chance at one of the top picks in the draft, that’€™s worth keeping.”

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2016/02/05/danny-ainge-says-he-wont-be-afraid-to-deal-brooklyn-pick/
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: Danny Ainge says he won’t be afraid to deal Brooklyn pick
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 10:00:47 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
This isn't really a revelation.  This is the same guy that has maintained since he got here that no one is untradeable and that he would have traded Larry Bird had he been in Red Auerbach's shoes in the late '80s. 

I don't mean that as a criticism at all, but I don't think it in any way means that it's likely to happen.  I think this is just his advertisement to other teams that if they want to blow him away with a deal (read, Blake Griffin), he's willing to make a deal. 

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 10:25:58 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
“Sure. The Brooklyn pick could be had for the right person,” Ainge noted. “It’€™s going to be a costly price, as it would be for some of our best players. Look, we’€™re not looking to trade the Brooklyn pick, but at the same time, I could certainly see some things that we would do for the Brooklyn pick. And they wouldn’€™t be taking risks.

“We value [the Brooklyn pick]. Even the chance, even a small chance to get a very talented player is worth [keeping the pick] because you have some chance. And you can’€™t just give up a chance to get a really good player unless [it’s] for another really good player.”

Ainge added, “It would have to be, certainly, a very good player. And also it probably wouldn’t be someone in their 30s. That would have to be a good young player because again, even if we had a 5 percent or a 10 percent or a 15 percent chance at one of the top picks in the draft, that’€™s worth keeping.”

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2016/02/05/danny-ainge-says-he-wont-be-afraid-to-deal-brooklyn-pick/

So, for Anthony Davis, Steph Curry, Karl-Anthony Towns... maybe Kevin Durant (just because he's an expiring).

In other words, for no one who is available.

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 10:32:47 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Basically, a top 20 player under 30.  Safe to say that's not happening.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 10:33:53 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Westbrook, Cousins, Lowry, Leonard, James, Butler, George, Wiggins, I'd add them all to the list I'd trade the pick for.  Still not a lot of names out there though.

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 10:34:38 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Indeed, but if it did, I'd be all right with the pick being traded.

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 10:35:48 AM »

Offline straightouttabahstun

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
  • That's turrible
Well then he simply won't deal it. That's just Danny being smart. The fireworks will happen in June anyways.

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 10:39:00 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Edit: Wrong thread.

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 11:10:28 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Ainge postures. He's probably negotiating with Utah for Favors and / or Hayward right now, and he's looking to reduce what else he gives up.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2016, 11:47:20 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318

Ainge postures. He's probably negotiating with Utah for Favors and / or Hayward right now, and he's looking to reduce what else he gives up.

Brooklyn trades it's first round pick Derrick Favors to Utah for Deron Williams. Williams is awful. Brooklyn loses its first round pick. Boston uses Brooklyn's first round pick to trade for Derrick Favors.

The circle of mismanagement.

Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram are worth more than Favors alone but if you expand the deal to include Haywood for some of our other assets thats definetly one of the most intriguing scenarios.

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2016, 11:48:22 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
I dunno about KD. If we gonna trade for him we must be sure that he's signing with us. So if we somehow get that info that he likes it here and all, why wouldn't we just sign him as a free agent next summer?? I know about the Bird's rights and all...

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 12:02:39 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Brooklyn trades it's first round pick Derrick Favors to Utah for Deron Williams. Williams is awful. Brooklyn loses its first round pick. Boston uses Brooklyn's first round pick to trade for Derrick Favors.

The circle of mismanagement.

Ben Simmons and Brandon Ingram are worth more than Favors alone but if you expand the deal to include Haywood for some of our other assets thats definetly one of the most intriguing scenarios.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=82548.0

Put this out there some days back -- not much response. I think it's one of the few interesting matches in a 'blockbuster' out there right now...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 12:17:07 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He is lying. Lol

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 12:19:09 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 12:39:06 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134

So, for Anthony Davis, Steph Curry, Karl-Anthony Towns... maybe Kevin Durant (just because he's an expiring).

In other words, for no one who is available.

Or for both Rudy Gobert & Gordon Hayward