Author Topic: Al Jefferson (Official discusion thread for the 07/08 season)  (Read 41717 times)

Re: Can anyone help us out w/ new nickname for Al Jefferson?
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2007, 10:48:26 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
You can't change nicknames. Once you get them - they stick forever. Big Al called had that coined back in HS - perhaps grade school. It wouldn't have matter if he ended up playing PG - that's his name. Just like Bassy will always be Bassy - and the Truth will keep that name too.

Pete

« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2007, 10:50:44 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Personally, I don't mind it too much.  It does seem kind of bland however, and he's not really all that "big" anymore... especially after he lost all that weight two off-seasons ago.
If that's the way you put it, he's never been 'big', just a bit out of shape. :)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #47 on: December 07, 2007, 10:53:54 AM »

Offline Greg37

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
Why does he need a new nickname?  Just like in Boston his biggest need is
teammates that can play. How about "The First Option"?   

Re: Al Jefferson (Official discusion thread for the 07/08 season)
« Reply #48 on: December 07, 2007, 11:10:03 AM »

Offline bringbackcousy

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 20
how about.... "I miss Scal" Al

« Reply #49 on: December 07, 2007, 11:22:45 AM »

Offline College Wolf

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
how about.... "I miss Scal" Al

Hahaha that was kinda funny...  ;D
Question: "Why do you shoot so many Threes?"

Antoine Walker: "Because there are no Fours."

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2007, 12:19:08 PM »

Offline celticswillwin43

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 80
What is the problem with his game latly? Quite a few weak games for him latly.... Idk but I think I am going to blame this on Twolves coaching. They don't give him nearly enough touches. He should probably get about 30 post touches a night atleast. Hes a all-star this year or the next for sure.

32-20
« Reply #51 on: December 08, 2007, 11:02:35 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Al Jefferson's numbers as the Wolves defeat Phoenix

Re: 32-20
« Reply #52 on: December 08, 2007, 11:05:32 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
4 stls, 2 dimes and 1 PF!!

Big Night for Big Al
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2007, 08:18:07 AM »

Offline TenaciousD

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 50
Vs PHX, AL logged 32pts (13 of 26) and 20RBs (6 offensive), but also
he also displayed some disruptive defence w/steals and a  block, earning a Schaller "mini-slam."  verrry niiice

http://schallertpr.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=743176

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2007, 12:18:12 AM »

Offline mohammad_baller_tmac

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
haha if the raptors had jefferson and we traded for Kevin Garnett, id just forget about al.  his defense is gonna be a liability his whole career, so unless the celtics somehow got a defensive force as a center/pf to cover up al's mistakes, i dont think the celtics would ever have gone deep in the playoffs.  good scorer and rebounder, though.
Yes, that is Antoine Walker doing the Shimmy on my avatar.

Let The Al Jefferson LovePour In
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2007, 01:26:19 AM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
People that have frequented the Celtics chat during games know that I have always been a big supporter of Al Jefferson. Jefferson is playing huge right now. And it is important to remember that we did not get KG for "nothing" The celtics gave up a player who is going to be an all star for years and years to come. A all star that has post moves the NBA has not seen in twenty years. Now I am not saying trading for KG was not the right move. All I am saying is that Al Jeff is great right now, averaging 37 minutes per game, 20 points, and he is the seventh best rebounder in the game at a little over 11 boards a game. The timberwolves are struggling badly as a team, but there is only so much AJ can do. After all, he is playing with the same cast of scrubs the celtics had. Their wins and losses cannot be faulted on Jefferson. The guy gives 110% every night.

But, like I said before I am all for the KG trade. But it does beckon the question. What would the celtics record look like if we had Jefferson instead of Garnett?

It would be great to know the outcomes of decisions before you could make them. But I know that is not how life works. So basically what I am saying is that, the KG trade will be GREAT if we win a title, but if we do not win a title, I would of loved to have seen Al Jefferon stay in green.

Simply put, Al Jefferson, how can you not like the guy?

Re: Let The Al Jefferson LovePour In
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2007, 01:40:27 AM »

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
I wish we could all just realize that Al Jefferson is no longer a Celtic and therefore is no longer our concern. What our record without KG and with Jefferson would look like is irrelevant.

« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2007, 01:59:13 AM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
The defense, intensity, passion, accountability, leadership, and heart that Kevin Garnett has infused into the Boston Celtics outweighs the roughly 1 point and 1 rebound advantage Big Al has over him right now by a landslide.  You should also notice he is upping his game to the KG 'norms' of about 24-12-5 for big games (Detroit and Orlando most recently) while continuing to be selfless and built on the team unity he has been striving for during blowouts of lesser teams.

As a Timberwolves fan, I am very appreciative to have Big Al for the next several years, but I think also as a Timberwolves fan (something I'm sure others can agree with) I felt like my heart was ripped out when KG was traded (in a sports fan sense).  I honestly cannot think of a single player right now that endeared him/herself to their fans in a greater manner.

Celtics record right now with Al instead of KG?  Meh... probably somewhere between 15-10 and 18-7 or so.

Timberwolves with KG instead of Al?  Probably about 10-16.

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2007, 02:15:04 AM »

Offline kgiessler

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 96
The interesting question here regarding if the C's had AJ instead of KG is who else would they have?

RR, RA, PP, and KP would all be there.  But Posey, House and Pollard probably wouldnt, and they have been contributors.  Would DA have been able to pull of a trade with the other chips involved in the trade?  Who knows.  I think thats the real x factor when trying to determine just how good the trade was.

A lineup of RR RA PP AK and AJ could have been something good.  There were some (semi) realistic trade ideas getting Gasol here without losing Jefferson.  In the end, theres a lot of hypotheticals that have to go down...because there was no way DA was going to go into this year with Telfair and Ratliff still on the roster.
"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain and most fools do." - Franklin

« Reply #59 on: December 25, 2007, 02:26:11 AM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
One area that would definately be a decline in if Jefferson was here instead of KG: Defense. And you know the saying 'championships are won with defense'