Author Topic: Deng?  (Read 1477 times)

Deng?
« on: November 07, 2017, 09:56:04 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
If Deng is bought out, would he be a good pickup for the Boston Blue Devils? Haha

He would fit in that wing position off the bench to take up Hayward's points? Good defender, decent scorer.

Thoughts

Re: Deng?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 09:59:16 AM »

Online wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I think he would be a good fit off the bench where he can help this team when the rookie wall starts smashing some of the 6 rookies on the team.   

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:06:17 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
No reason to bring him in at this point.  His 3-point shot hasn't progressed with the rest of the league and I doubt he has the lateral quickness to be the defender he used to be.  We are better off developing Semi throughout the season. 

Maybe you could argue for him as the last guy off the bench but I am in favor of giving the young guys minutes in the playoffs. 

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:07:51 AM »

Offline Darío SpanishFan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Given the efficiency of Baynes as a rim protector and team defense, I think we could need Deng more than Bogut now.

This said, I would wait for the buyout season. Although mostly rookies, we have many 3.5 players in his role. Brown, Tatum, Ojeleye, Yabusele are not going to hit the rookie wall simultaneously.

The team is playing so good as a choral entity that I wouldn't risk getting anyone different into the rotation or locker room right now.

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 10:18:44 AM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I didn't even realize Deng was still playing. I had to just look him up to see where he was playing now. Who knew playing for the Lakers now was the equivalent of basketball purgatory.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 11:31:11 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I think he would be a good fit off the bench where he can help this team when the rookie wall starts smashing some of the 6 rookies on the team.   

Well, let's put this into perspective... you're practically calling for Deng to decide to come in to the same situation he wants to leave from LA.

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 12:04:13 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
There is no way on earth Deng is getting bought out.  He’s owed about $54 million this year and the next two seasons.  He’s not giving any of that up, and the Lakers need to trade all of it in order to have double-max room this summer, so they’re not even going to be content to only pay him half of it, since once a buyout happens you can trade away what remains on the books.

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 12:05:35 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He looks pretty cooked as a rotation player, not all that interested overall but he's probably better than Larkin/Nader.

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 12:37:54 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Past his sell-by date
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 12:39:41 PM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 If they buy them out I prefer okafor or monroe