Author Topic: If no trade for a center goes down how about.....  (Read 679 times)

If no trade for a center goes down how about.....
« on: March 14, 2012, 08:10:06 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Insert Greg Stiesma into starting lineup starting NOW.  This allows him to play with starters, kg helping on interior defense (he can make anyone look good).  Our rebounding with twin 7' would improve and bass would move to bench where he can be our offensive force / 6th man .  Our bench scoring is suspect at best.  Bass & Pietrus are 2 nice pieces coming off bench.

I'm hoping for okafor or kaman but if that doesn't happen why not?  Stiesma has low post man defense issues but is a good help defender/shot block, can hit the pick & pop jumper and is obviously a good shot blocker. 

Our bigs are down to kg (at center) , bass pf, greg c, jjj pf (no play) and then we go to paul or piteous small ball pf.  Maybe giving greg minutes with starters can help his game and improve weaknesses and we can go after a pf 6'9"- 6'10" sub that won't kill us in contracts.  I still like my Ben Wallace idea for a bench big but Danny apparently doesn't.

Re: If no trade for a center goes down how about.....
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 08:21:30 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I think this plan leads to more minutes of a smallball lineup with Bass and Pietrus as the bigs.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference