Author Topic: 37-0 in deep jeopardy. And Supernova Lebron is after to break that record!!!  (Read 11610 times)

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Welp!!!

I don't really want to feel doom and gloom here with game 7 on our home floor and all but that record which has stood the test of time I believe is in serious jeopardy right now.

Yes we were up 2-0 initially but it seems like a distant memory now...why well the Bucks have totally dominated us in the last 4 games since Jabari and Maker were given more playing time and responsibilities...they are a totally different team right now as they are longer and more dedicated to defense with their switching.

Heck we only won game 5 because Smart was the unknown factor to them and plus the crowd gave the team a much needed boost...yes I hope the crowd will be there again to boost the morale of this team but there is only so much we as fans can do...the rest is really up to the players and I believe the team specifically Morris, Rozier and Smart are stinking it up offensively trying to play hero ball and its just not working.

I like the element when Tatum was driving and trying to be the decoy as he can be so creative inside drawing the defense and it worked for a bit but then they went away with it again when Morris and Rozier started jacking up shots....

Right now they still have a prayers chance of winning this series but Brad must instill to these guys that they need to go to their strengths:

Al Horford shot only 8 times...this is very puzzling on the part of Brad.
I liked what I saw when JB posted his man up..drove to the middle and rose up an unblockable shot...problem is though, he did it only once and we never saw Brad go to JB in the post again and camped him on the 3pt area on both sides.

Will this team fight through adversity and prevent themselves from being the first Celtic team to drop a series after leading 2-0?   I sure hope so.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:35:26 AM by bopna »

Re: 35-0 in deep jeopardy!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 06:41:17 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

I think life goes on whether we win or lose, Saturday.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 07:23:04 AM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
It’s in jeopardy, but we will be in the game and just need to execute in order to get it done.

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 07:58:48 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
The sky is falling the sky is falling! CBers are a bunch of chicken littles!
ok fine

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 08:25:23 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Last I checked game 7 was in Boston. Celtics will get it done.

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 08:25:29 AM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Nah, I think we're going to win. How many Bucks have been in a 7th game??? Anyone, anyone? Ok the guys that really don't play that much...Delly and Jet. I think Smart, Brown, Rozier and Horford can get everyone settled since they went through it last year. 7th games are just different.

I think Rozier and Brown are going to have great games.

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 08:28:01 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
In all games the benches of the guest team did not show up .
Expecting it to happen in game 7.

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2018, 08:28:57 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Nah, I think we're going to win. How many Bucks have been in a 7th game??? Anyone, anyone? Ok the guys that really don't play that much...Delly and Jet. I think Smart, Brown, Rozier and Horford can get everyone settled since they went through it last year. 7th games are just different.

Exactly. To win game 7s on the road you have to have killers. Anyone think Bledsoe is? Or Middleton? And Giannis certainly is not capable of carrying his team in game like this. Of this was in Milwaukee then I give them the advantages. But game 7s in Boston on a Saturday night? Tough sledding

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2018, 10:42:00 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1616
  • What a Pub Should Be
A Saturday night game in Boston.  That crowd will be pretty lubed up & energized.  Should be a heckuva atmosphere and we know these guys can thrive off that. 

Giannis is my big concern but I think the Celtics have an excellent chance to bounce back and take this series.  They should be ready.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2018, 11:23:59 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think the Celts will win by 8+ on Saturday.

The Bucks are talented enough that they've been able to home court in this series.  Chalk that up to the Celts being very young.

At home the Celts will get some big plays from their supporting guys, Jaylen and Jayson will be energized, Horford and Smart will make winning plays, and they'll bring it home.

I could be wrong, obviously.  Horford might not have enough left in the tank.  The role players might go cold.  Giannis might finally have a genuinely transcendent game, after putting up numbers but mostly just getting his in this series.

But I feel good about the Celts on Saturday.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2018, 11:25:20 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

The Bucks are talented enough that they've been able to home court in this series.  Chalk that up to the Celts being very young.

At home the Celts will get some big plays from their supporting guys, Jaylen and Jayson will be energized, Horford and Smart will make winning plays, and they'll bring it home.

I could be wrong, obviously.  Horford might not have enough left in the tank.  The role players might go cold.  Giannis might finally have a genuinely transcendent game, after putting up numbers but mostly just getting his in this series.

Feeling similarly to you
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2018, 12:00:23 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Spot on. TP for you.

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2018, 12:21:17 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Exactly. To win game 7s on the road you have to have killers. Anyone think Bledsoe is? Or Middleton? And Giannis certainly is not capable of carrying his team in game like this. Of this was in Milwaukee then I give them the advantages. But game 7s in Boston on a Saturday night? Tough sledding

How do you know they are not killers?

I know Middleton has been killing us the whole series and so does Giannis.. How else will we know if they will disappear in game 7 when its also the first game seven for most of our guys save for Horford.
Just saying that defensively we are doing ok I suppose but our offense is also stinking up as we still go through 5 or 7 minutes without a field goal.

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2018, 12:24:11 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

How do you know they are not killers?

I know Middleton has been killing us the whole series and so does Giannis.. How else will we know if they will disappear in game 7 when its also the first game seven for most of our guys save for Horford.
Just saying that defensively we are doing ok I suppose but our offense is also stinking up as we still go through 5 or 7 minutes without a field goal.

Just a hunch. A lot like Washington last year

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2018, 12:48:59 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Last I checked game 7 was in Boston. Celtics will get it done.

The sky is falling the sky is falling! CBers are a bunch of chicken littles!

TPs to both you guys.

And that WELP!!! word should be banned from celticsblog. God do I hate that word which connotes helplessness, victimization and impotence.