Author Topic: The idea of Boston going after LeBron is insane, but it's not THAT insane  (Read 7807 times)

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
There's no fun in winning championship with the best in the world. I'd rather beat the best than join them. I don't mind having top 10 players as a supporting cast, but definitely not top 3.

Hmmmm... Are you sure? Many if not  most of the banners hanging in the garden were won with at least one top3 player

Yeah, but they are homegrown talent, not bought. Big difference.

actually there it is not different and that is not what you said .....
I don't mind having top 10 players as a supporting cast, but definitely not top 3

having != trading for

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
If people think Houston is a possibility in a S&T... then why not San Antonio?

Leonard and Lebron being coached by Pop on the same team. GOOD LORD!  :o

(I imagine in some S&T, Aldridge is in it with his salary)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279

Why would cle want Aldridge? If LeBron wants to go they blow it up and try to get assets

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

Why would cle want Aldridge? If LeBron wants to go they blow it up and try to get assets

Same logic as to why Cleveland would want Ryan Anderson and his contract.

In essence LAL and PHI "make most sense" simply because they can sign Lebron to a big deal outright (no big salary-dumps or S&T required).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
I just whish we continue with building our own dinasty. LeBronless!

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
"dream"? I consider it a nightmare. I detest Lebron. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.

I wouldn't want Westbrook or Durant either.

Lebron's not a Celtic and never will be. It would feel like we rented a car for a few days.

I am with you 100% on this one, I just was saying pipedream because it is unrealistic.   The thought of him wearing green makes me puke in my mouth.   

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
We have something , Bron has never had

A real Coach .           He had Mike Brown ...IQ?  And Baby sitters .....YES men.   Gave him a good coach , but he tossed him out on his nose.

One of his big negitives is his attitude with Authority , respect for Coaches and the owners and GM.

Stop whining ,  get back down court and play ball

Its the coachs job to complain to the refs .

He needs to mentally grow up on court .

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
The nice part about the "Lebron to the Celtics" idea is that we won't be disappointed like we were with Durant when it doesn't happen.
Yup

Offline Fireworks_Boom!

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
All this crazy talk is making me go crazy. I was excited enough about next season without having to make any moves.

But what if DA was willing, because of the logjam which would be created by the addition of LBJ, to pull off a sign and trade with Cleveland like so:

Al Horford + Jaylen Brown

for

LBJ

Cleveland wouldn't be that non-competitive with a roster of Hill/Smith or Clarkson/Brown/Love/Horford or Hill/Brown/Hood/Love/Horford.

We could run with:

Irving
Hayward
Tatum
James
Baynes

Good God!

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
There's no fun in winning championship with the best in the world. I'd rather beat the best than join them. I don't mind having top 10 players as a supporting cast, but definitely not top 3.

Hmmmm... Are you sure? Many if not  most of the banners hanging in the garden were won with at least one top3 player

Yeah, but they are homegrown talent, not bought. Big difference.

actually there it is not different and that is not what you said .....
I don't mind having top 10 players as a supporting cast, but definitely not top 3

having != trading for

You missed out my context. I said top 10, not top 3. There are talent gap between them.

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
The nice part about the "Lebron to the Celtics" idea is that we won't be disappointed like we were with Durant when it doesn't happen.

LOL.  I am in stitches, laughing so hard it hurts! ;D
Too funny! But so true!
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

A real Coach .           He had Mike Brown ...IQ?  And Baby sitters .....YES men.   Gave him a good coach , but he tossed him out on his nose.

One of his big negitives is his attitude with Authority , respect for Coaches and the owners and GM.

Spo is a very good coach.  He doesn't get the credit he deserves.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
All this crazy talk is making me go crazy. I was excited enough about next season without having to make any moves.

But what if DA was willing, because of the logjam which would be created by the addition of LBJ, to pull off a sign and trade with Cleveland like so:

Al Horford + Jaylen Brown

for

LBJ

Cleveland wouldn't be that non-competitive with a roster of Hill/Smith or Clarkson/Brown/Love/Horford or Hill/Brown/Hood/Love/Horford.

We could run with:

Irving
Hayward
Tatum
James
Baynes

Good God!
gonna go ahead and guess that you haven't seen the fact that kyrie and lebron absolutely hate each other... Right? Kyrie will not play with lebron hence why he got traded

Btw. That trade does not make us better. Baynes can't play starter minutes, Hayward is a better 3 than a 2 and Tatum is a better 4 than a 3

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

He really doesn't. He's had some really great seasons the last couple of years with MIA. They are a very tough team, play great defense, and share the ball. They seem to be in the stage where the C's were pre Horford: basically no real all stars so coaching and effort can only take you so far.

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

He really doesn't. He's had some really great seasons the last couple of years with MIA. They are a very tough team, play great defense, and share the ball. They seem to be in the stage where the C's were pre Horford: basically no real all stars so coaching and effort can only take you so far.
He was 2nd in COTY last year despite not making the playoffs and is pretty much unanimously rated as an upper tier coach.

He gets plenty of respect
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.