Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 241412 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #3060 on: June 11, 2019, 03:07:35 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
The Warriors believe Kevin Durant’s MRI on Tuesday will confirm a torn right Achilles’ tendon, league sources tell me and @wojespn

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/1138324532333142016?s=21

« Reply #3061 on: June 11, 2019, 03:28:07 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

That KD injury broke my heart I’m not even going to lie fellas. I absolutely cannot believe that had happened.

« Reply #3062 on: June 11, 2019, 04:17:34 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
So happy fss won.  Can’t stand drake and Lowry

« Reply #3063 on: June 11, 2019, 04:33:26 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2434
The Warriors believe Kevin Durant’s MRI on Tuesday will confirm a torn right Achilles’ tendon, league sources tell me and @wojespn

Jesus. Career altering injury. Long layoff too.

« Reply #3064 on: June 11, 2019, 04:53:18 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2572
Trade Hayward in sign and trade for KD. Trade for AD.  Sign Kyrie. 

« Reply #3065 on: June 11, 2019, 05:13:35 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Trade Hayward in sign and trade for KD. Trade for AD.  Sign Kyrie.
Wonder what the situation would be like if the AD and Kyrie led team won the chip with KD sitting out injured
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3066 on: June 11, 2019, 05:57:14 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1415

I feel for KD. It's a career changing injury. Hopefully he gets back and is the same as he was before. You never want to see someone injured, particularly one of hte faces of our league. Pretty classless for Toronto fans to be cheering an injury but I guess they didn't know how serious it was. It's wasn't as immediately obvious as Gordon's injury but still classless to be cheering any injury. It was good to see Ibaka and Lowry try and calm the crowd down.

This will have a big impact on the market, a number of dominoes that were going to fall based on his actions probably won't now.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 06:12:45 AM by ozgod »
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3067 on: June 11, 2019, 06:17:17 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth

I feel for KD. It's a career changing injury. Hopefully he gets back and is the same as he was before. You never want to see someone injured, particularly one of hte faces of our league. Pretty classless for Toronto fans to be cheering an injury but I guess they didn't know how serious it was. It's wasn't as immediately obvious as Gordon's injury but still classless to be cheering any injury. It was good to see Ibaka and Lowry try and calm the crowd down.

This will have a big impact on the market, a number of dominoes that were going to fall based on his actions probably won't now.

I guess they initialy claped for the wrong reasons, but later on i think it’s pure respect and encouragement.

The impact of the injury is obviously unmeasurable, as question marks emerge all around.

A massive gamble they took by playing him, was iz forced by either side?
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

« Reply #3068 on: June 11, 2019, 07:01:13 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1415

I guess they initialy claped for the wrong reasons, but later on i think it’s pure respect and encouragement.

The impact of the injury is obviously unmeasurable, as question marks emerge all around.

A massive gamble they took by playing him, was iz forced by either side?

I suspect the recriminations and finger pointing from this will go on long into the offseason, no matter what happens from here.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #3069 on: June 11, 2019, 07:25:20 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
After seeing the 2 champions league semifinals and the situations leading to this game and the game itself last night ... we can claim we have seen it all in sports.. can’t top this drama

« Reply #3070 on: June 11, 2019, 08:13:13 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
KD could legit come back 25% slower and he'd be a full time power forward and still awesome.

Super sad to see him get reinjured like that though and I hope he comes back as good as ever, somehow.
Yeah its probably more like from MVP caliber to all-star in decline. But you never know, [dang]it I'm still annoyed about this for him, such a great player to watch.

« Reply #3071 on: June 11, 2019, 08:40:13 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
It's not as career threatening an injury as it once was, chances are he comes back fully.
Guys do not come back the same, they just don't.

Its better than he's a lighter guy, but he's still big man at 7 feet....just sucks.
Yeah, I can't remember one guy who came back and performed at the same level as before.

Boogie is playing right now and he looks like a shell of his former self. I get that Boogie probably has 50lbs on Durant, but still.

Rudy Gay and Wes Matthews are good recent examples for optimism.

They may not be the same, but they are still very effective players after their Achilles tears.

If KD comes back to being 80% of what he usually is, that's still a top 25 player in the league. 
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #3072 on: June 11, 2019, 08:48:25 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
It's not as career threatening an injury as it once was, chances are he comes back fully.

Its better than he's a lighter guy, but he's still big man at 7 feet....just sucks.
Yeah, I can't remember one guy who came back and performed at the same level as before.

Boogie is playing right now and he looks like a shell of his former self. I get that Boogie probably has 50lbs on Durant, but still.

They may not be the same, but they are still very effective players after their Achilles tears.

If KD comes back to being 80% of what he usually is, that's still a top 25 player in the league.
When those are your best cases for optimism I feel even worse  :-[

« Reply #3073 on: June 11, 2019, 09:09:32 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
So next time we see Durant on the floor is the 2020-21 season with......

?????

He probably opts in for the $31.5 million next year in GSW, though he won't play there. But, there after, where will he be playing and for how much given the injury?

How much does this now cause teams that wanted Durant to now switch their focus to Anthony Davis?

« Reply #3074 on: June 11, 2019, 09:15:30 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

When those are your best cases for optimism I feel even worse  :-[

Why?

Rudy Gay averaged 13 points per game, was shooting 50/40/81 for the season in San Antonio this year on 26 minutes a game, and was a key rotation piece.

Wes Matthews was making big plays against us in the Playoffs, defending well and making shots.

I'm not saying that their games will be KDs career trajectory moving forward, I'm saying if these guys can come back to an Achilles tear and can still physically play at a high level after it, why can't Durant?
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace