Author Topic: So I just re-watched Game 3 of the famous 2002 ECF series betw. Celtics/Nets  (Read 2148 times)

Offline rrc589

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 21
I think I'm starting to go through Celtics withdrawal already. Someone uploaded the entire game in 10 parts on youtube.

Such an amazing comeback.

I forgot how big Rodney Rogers was in that game (made a lot of clutch free throws and took an important charge towards the end of the game).

Antoine was jacking up crazy 3's as usual for much of the game, haha. Though his speech before the 4th quarter probably helped spark the comeback -- so his leadership was pretty important.

I also forgot how raw Pierce was back then -- he was a great player but he definitely wasn't in his prime yet in 2002. He did have his flair for putting up big numbers in the 4th quarter back then though, that's for sure. They displayed a stat in the telecast showing he was 2nd in the NBA in points in the 4th quarter both during the playoffs and the regular season.

Here's part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcRb6O69B_k

Remember the Celtics starting 5 back then? 

Tony Battie
Antoine Walker
Paul Pierce
Eric Williams
Kenny Anderson

:o

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Man, our team sucked back then...at least that's the way it seems watching the first part of that game.

Makes me appreciate our team now even more!
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers