Author Topic: Marcus Smart HAS to GO by the deadline!!!  (Read 4852 times)

Re: Marcus Smart HAS to GO by the deadline!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2018, 03:53:33 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
As disappointed as I've been in his inability to improve his shooting (not even his 3 point shooting, his finishing around the rim most of all) I still want to resign him this summer and would resist any trade. He just does too many other things. He's a rare player.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2018, 10:41:48 AM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I have been a Smart defender, but I am DONE!!!

He is HORRIBLE.

Trade him NOW before we literally NOTHING for him because EVERYONE figures it out!!

This is the WORST 3 game home stand in my recent memory!!

We are BROKEN!!

This is NO joke!!  There is no defending our play the last three games!!   I don't want to hear that we will be 6-4 our last 10.  Who care!!  We are going to be 0-3 at home the last three.  That is what I CARE ABOUT!!

Smitty77
Did you watch the game last night against the Lakers?
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2018, 11:22:29 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It's weird to focus on a role player when a talented team drops 3 games.  Smart is not in the top 4 of most important players on the team, and he's not in the top 5 when Hayward is healthy.

Smart is who he is.  If the team is looking to Smart to save them, that says more about the guys ahead of him in the hierarchy.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2018, 01:01:55 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269

He is HORRIBLE.

Trade him NOW before we literally NOTHING for him because EVERYONE figures it out!!

We are BROKEN!!

This is NO joke!!  There is no defending our play the last three games!!   I don't want to hear that we will be 6-4 our last 10.  Who care!!  We are going to be 0-3 at home the last three.  That is what I CARE ABOUT!!

Smitty77

I SURE did!!  Thanks for asking!!  Were YOU happy with Smart's three to end the game and with him NOT passing to a wide open Rozier???

Great to see Marcus actually have a GOOD game for the FIRST TIME in a WHILE!!

Smitty77

« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2018, 02:50:52 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

He is HORRIBLE.

We are BROKEN!!

Smitty77

I SURE did!!  Thanks for asking!!  Were YOU happy with Smart's three to end the game and with him NOT passing to a wide open Rozier???

Great to see Marcus actually have a GOOD game for the FIRST TIME in a WHILE!!

Smitty77
The good and bad in 20 seconds of Marcus Smart.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2018, 04:25:04 PM »

Offline KGBirdBias

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 125
Smart giveth and Smart taketh away. One minute you're praising him, the next minute you're throwing things at the screen. I've said for weeks, Smart compounds his mistakes.

I would keep Rozier and trade Smart. It's tough because he does the dirty work but either someone needs to tell him offensively he's not that good. Tell him to focus on being Rodman.

The problem when he's hitting shots, he will eventually start taking bad shots. Then when he's not hitting, he will continue shooting. It drives you crazy.

Watch tonight he's going to do something that will say...we can't trade Smart. LOL

« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2018, 04:29:44 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
It's weird to focus on a role player when a talented team drops 3 games.  Smart is not in the top 4 of most important players on the team, and he's not in the top 5 when Hayward is healthy.

Smart is who he is.  If the team is looking to Smart to save them, that says more about the guys ahead of him in the hierarchy.

KI, Al, Jaylen, Jason I assume?  I mean maybe that is obvious, maybe not.

« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2018, 05:32:42 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Man, last night's game was pretty much the Marcus Smart experience all in one. Did some nice things defensively, hit some shots early in the flow of the offense, then maybe got a little too carried away with shooting as the game went on, got a nice rebound to sit up a potential game winner, but very much decided that he was going to take the final shot regardless of who else was open.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2018, 05:42:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Never ! 

Marcus must remain !

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2018, 06:22:44 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
We'll regret it

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2018, 06:28:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Indeed.  Those 4 plus Hayward are what I see as the core 5 for this team moving forward.  Smart is a nice 20-25 minute reserve piece to have.

The lack of scoring on the bench is a problem and Smart is part of that problem, but this team has too much talent to lay a slump at his feet.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2018, 07:18:31 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479

Indeed.  Those 4 plus Hayward are what I see as the core 5 for this team moving forward.  Smart is a nice 20-25 minute reserve piece to have.

The lack of scoring on the bench is a problem and Smart is part of that problem, but this team has too much talent to lay a slump at his feet.

I agree the expectations for Smart are probably too high.  Once GH gets back I don't know if that directly reduces Smarts minutes, but it might.  If the expectation is a 25 min super-sub-def -spark-plug-make-big-plays-effort guy he will do fine.  I personally don't think other teams are going to throw crazy contracts at him, and we will have the chance to resign him on a medium contract.  But that may be wishful thinking.