Author Topic: 5-0 and cruising  (Read 10598 times)

Re: 5-0 and cruising
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2023, 10:58:42 PM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1384
5-1 and hit a minor speed bump  :angel:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2023, 05:19:22 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2023, 06:49:26 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2975
Called a baby bump

« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2023, 02:47:18 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1384
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2023, 10:33:24 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Nothing to worry about. I'm sure by the playoffs when we face tougher defenses, this team and coach will totally not rely on the 3 ball to carry them. I for one am glad they let that old habit die.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2023, 10:41:33 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3016
  • On To Banner 18!
Boy some of the reactions on here at 5-2. How did you people survive between 2013-2015  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2023, 11:15:44 AM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
Boy some of the reactions on here at 5-2. How did you people survive between 2013-2015  :laugh:

I think had Joe after the game touched on their shot selection being bad rather than show he's spending time going through the Globe archives, we might not be reacting as bad.

Last season his offensive, or lack thereof, philosophy was terrible. He's still got to prove he's not going to be running a team that lives and die by the three. It's not been just sever games. We have a whole season to look at in addition to these.

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2023, 11:41:30 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1557
unrealistic expectations make a 2 game skid worse. I mean we had a thread comparing this team favorably to the Durant Warriors.  When you think this team is one of the greatest teams ever, this is the type of reaction you might see when the team loses.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2023, 12:04:18 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991
unrealistic expectations make a 2 game skid worse. I mean we had a thread comparing this team favorably to the Durant Warriors.  When you think this team is one of the greatest teams ever, this is the type of reaction you might see when the team loses.

The Durant Warriors started 5-2 also.   ;D

« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2023, 12:05:55 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

And frankly, it bugs me that the pessimists get such a bad rap but the optimists seem to get off scot-free. Why isn't all the talk about "73 wins" and "better than the Warriors" getting shot down?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2023, 12:14:07 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991

And frankly, it bugs me that the pessimists get such a bad rap but the optimists seem to get off scot-free. Why isn't all the talk about "73 wins" and "better than the Warriors" getting shot down?

Over the last 7 years the Celtics have won close to 2/3 of their games and have have the second-best record in the NBA, and the pessmisists still freak out after virtually every single regular season loss.  It’s exhausting.

« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2023, 12:15:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3189

Over the last 7 years the Celtics have won close to 2/3 of their games and have have the second-best record in the NBA, and the pessmisists still freak out after virtually every single regular season loss.  It’s exhausting.

TP

« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2023, 12:15:06 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be

Bingo.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2023, 12:22:06 PM »

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald

Pessimists didn't think we could win the title with the flaws we had/have. Were they right?

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2023, 12:28:39 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1557

1 Finals appearance and no title.

Team overachieved it's talent and yet it is thought of as a failure by many.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip