Author Topic: New heat uniform ugliest ever?  (Read 6376 times)

Re: New heat uniform ugliest ever?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2020, 10:38:02 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I kind of dig them.

I think they are absolute fire.

Wish the Celtics jersey design team had anything to bring to the table. Clunker after clunker.

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2020, 10:47:34 AM »

Offline Darth_Yoda

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 52
Yuck,

too many jersey variations, I think its foolish.

A home and an away and maybe 1 alternate.

'21 Historical Draft
PG: Kyle Lowry / Mookie Blaylock / Mark Jackson
SG: Reggie Miller / Jeff Hornacek / Nick Anderson
SF: George Gervin / George McGinnis / Kyle Korver
PF: Connie Hawkins / Serge Ibaka / Josh Smith
C: Clint Capela / Bill Laimbeer / Jusuf Nurkic

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2020, 10:51:56 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
Ever is a long time.  I suggest going back in history and looking at some of the uniforms, don't look at the short shorts though.  hahaha

One that comes to mind are the Washington Bullets striped ones.   ::)

The poo brown Wizards jersey is going to be hard to top, but never count out Cleveland:

The miracle stripes in gold was also awful:
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2020, 11:33:49 AM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4592
Ever is a long time.  I suggest going back in history and looking at some of the uniforms, don't look at the short shorts though.  hahaha

One that comes to mind are the Washington Bullets striped ones.   ::)

The poo brown Wizards jersey is going to be hard to top, but never count out Cleveland:

The miracle stripes in gold was also awful:

I'm confused, are we posting good jerseys or bad jerseys, because these are not bad jerseys!

Not really a fan of those Heat jerseys, but not appalled by them either (if anything, I'm confused why the whole Miami Vice thing is still so popular, but do understand the sense of style linked to that show). Think they'll kind of go the way of the classic Houston Astros or Denver Nuggets jerseys, where you look back and they really stand out, but perhaps were more products of their time than completely ugly.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2020, 11:53:21 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Not sure if they're the worst ever, but they're pretty dang bad. Unless "cancer awareness" is involved, pink should never be a uniform color in a men's professional sports league (sexist? maybe. but that's how I see it). The regular "Miami Vice" unis are bad—I grew up in the '80s, love a lot of things about that decade, but the color schemes and fashion choices are not among them—but these are worse. It looks like someone spray-painted pink across one half of a blue uniform, or spray-painted blue across one half of a pink uniform.

But then, I already despise the Heat, and this helps me despise them more, so maybe, in a weird way, these unis are a good thing.

Edit: I meant to add that these are right up there (or right down there) with all of those wretched late-'90s uniforms that had all kinds of oversized graphics and color gradients, like many of the unis in this image:

And since someone else brought up '70s uniforms, I'll add that I much prefer those, as they had many more traditional elements than the late-'90s unis or these "Miami Vice" ones.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 12:03:16 PM by rocknrollforyoursoul »
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2020, 12:51:23 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Cotton candy theme, apparently.

I actually like the Vice uniforms for the most part, but the gradient is not my favorite.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2020, 01:30:29 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Unless "cancer awareness" is involved, pink should never be a uniform color in a men's professional sports league (sexist? maybe. but that's how I see it).

Lol. Commit to it, pal. It is.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2020, 02:08:45 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Unless "cancer awareness" is involved, pink should never be a uniform color in a men's professional sports league (sexist? maybe. but that's how I see it).

Well, the reason I said "maybe" is not that I view pink strictly as a "girl" color, but that pink (IMO) just doesn't look good on sports uniforms. Men's polo shirts? Sure. But not sports unis.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2020, 03:11:59 PM »

Offline Walker Wiggle

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 125
As a previous poster as noted, these jerseys are relevant to anyone who watched Miami Vice in the 80s. That is, probably 12% of the NBA-watching public.

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2020, 03:20:58 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Ah ... they have that ice-cream sherbert look to them, to help deal with the hot days in Miami ...

But they can not possibly ever top these legendary unis, in all their popsicle goodness:

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2020, 03:49:16 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I kinda like it ,  sorta beachie look ,  maybe hippy ....

Might look sharp as a womans bikini coloring  :)

« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2020, 04:06:07 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Having been a late teenager, early twenties guy when fluorescent color became the rave for the under 30 crowd in the 80's.....I think they're hot. Straight fire.

« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2020, 04:16:05 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
I think i’s the ugliest uniform I’ve ever seen and it’s not even close.

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2020, 04:25:33 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Anything Laker is ugly
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2020, 04:41:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Well, the reason I said "maybe" is not that I view pink strictly as a "girl" color, but that pink (IMO) just doesn't look good on sports uniforms. Men's polo shirts? Sure. But not sports unis.
An old wrestling fan here and I loved the Pink and Black Attack that was Bret "The Hitman" Hart and the Hart Foundation. They proved you could make a great looking uniform using pink and black and I am sure the right NBA team could make it work.