Author Topic: Even Danny Knows There Is No Trade This Season To Make BOS Contenders...  (Read 12090 times)

Re: Even Danny Knows There Is No Trade This Season To Make BOS Contenders...
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2017, 04:46:18 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I think they could do a lot of things before the trade deadline to make them competitive with the Cavs. Most have been discussed here. They aren't that far off. They need to be a little stronger up front. They could be in trouble if they keep rejecting bigs because they don't fit in the coach's box. They need a guy who can get them the ball--on both ends.

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2017, 04:53:04 PM »

Offline Irish Stew

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 56
Why would you not make a Butler or George trade should the opportunity present itself? Follow that up with an Ibaka or Noel trade and all of a sudden you're probably in the ECF. The people who want to plan for 5-7 years from now in a league where one player trade, one draft choice overachiever/underachiever, a free agent coming or going, or a career ending injury change everything totally baffle me.

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2017, 07:01:17 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2959
  • On To Banner 18!
Idk.. I did make this post, but after seeing how the Cavs are concerned with Love and his injury, I wonder if IT and Ainge are thinking "lets make a move and face the Cavs in the ECF".

If Love is out for some time, the Cavs aren't as dominant unless they somehow get Melo (and LBJ's minutes will go up more - can he hold up by April/May?)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2017, 07:05:46 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Why would you not make a Butler or George trade should the opportunity present itself? Follow that up with an Ibaka or Noel trade and all of a sudden you're probably in the ECF. The people who want to plan for 5-7 years from now in a league where one player trade, one draft choice overachiever/underachiever, a free agent coming or going, or a career ending injury change everything totally baffle me.

Welcome to my corner of the blog. You are quite correct. If the moves are there, make them.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2017, 07:07:05 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I want Melo on this team.

If I'm Danny, I would try to see what the Knicks want for Melo.

Right now, inserting Melo into our team without giving up too much, and you can bet your bottom dollar, Lebron has to be seriously questioning us.

IT
Bradley
Crowder
Melo
Horford

That is a pretty good team. If Kevin Love is indeed being banged up, then it should be something that Ainge should consider.

Who knows how much wear and tear there is on Kyrie, and Lebron.

Kyle Korver should be able to supplant most of the back up 3pt scoring. But who's going to make up for the lack of rebounds? Tristan Thompson is an absolute machine, but he can't do it alone. Lebron would seriously have to carry the load. Kyrie is going to definitely have more scoring upticks.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2017, 07:07:51 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Welcome to my corner of the blog. You are quite correct. If the moves are there, make them.

If Love is out for some time, and the move presents itself, I think I'd make it now.

Cavaliers without Love and LBJ playing more (more fatigue) could present an opportunity.

I'd think if they did make a deal for Butler, they need to make another cheaper one for someone like Ibaka to truly compete..

« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2017, 07:21:09 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Anyone think in the summer, Klay Thompson will be available?

I think Bradley/Crowder and some additional picks/sweeteners would work.
I think Thompson is a star in waiting.  A James Harden type star in waiting but better.  So if I'm GS, I'm not trading him for Avery/Crowder and sweetners unless those sweetners include at least on Brooklyn pick.

« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2017, 07:24:30 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Anyone think in the summer, Klay Thompson will be available?

I think Bradley/Crowder and some additional picks/sweeteners would work.
I think Thompson is a star in waiting.  A James Harden type star in waiting but better.  So if I'm GS, I'm not trading him for Avery/Crowder and sweetners unless those sweetners include at least on Brooklyn pick.

I do too.

I would add pretty much any reasonable pick, and sweeteners it took.

Klay Thompson on our team would be scoring over 22 PPG. He would be our 2nd leading scorer.

Horford would probably lead the league in assists lol.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2017, 07:28:52 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

Zero critical thought in that statement.

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2017, 06:34:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Ainge isn't willing to trade the 2017 Nets Pick for Butler.

If he really believed this team would win a championship, he would be making it available and going hard after Butler or George. Doesn't seem like he's in a rush this season though..

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2017, 06:36:34 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

If he really believed this team would win a championship, he would be making it available and going hard after Butler or George. Doesn't seem like he's in a rush this season though..

Or the bulls and the pacers aren't listening to offers right now

« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2017, 07:31:58 AM »

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
Spurs top 3 scorers are Kawhi 25pts, Aldridge 18pts and Pau 12pts. Our top 3 scorers are IT 30pts, Bradley 18pts and Horford 15pts. I think our ability to play championship level defense is beyond question and we have the scorers comparable to the mighty Spurs. Then why do we still need/expect a splash trade for a Butler or PG?

We definitely need a piece,  but not a star... simply an athletic,  rim-protecting big that can rebound and switch ala Noel or Zizic or Cauley-Stein or Dieng... there are several options. Nothing worth our 2017 BK pick.

« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2017, 12:39:03 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Spurs top 3 scorers are Kawhi 25pts, Aldridge 18pts and Pau 12pts. Our top 3 scorers are IT 30pts, Bradley 18pts and Horford 15pts. I think our ability to play championship level defense is beyond question and we have the scorers comparable to the mighty Spurs. Then why do we still need/expect a splash trade for a Butler or PG?

We definitely need a piece,  but not a star... simply an athletic,  rim-protecting big that can rebound and switch ala Noel or Zizic or Cauley-Stein or Dieng... there are several options. Nothing worth our 2017 BK pick.

The thing is to beat CLE and Golden State, yeah we need a star.

Doesn't have to be a superstar necessarily.

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2017, 11:32:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Or the bulls and the pacers aren't listening to offers right now

They might be listening now though... Even the Pacers.

« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2017, 12:22:26 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
We have one of the best coaches there is at Developing Talent..  This is why we signed him here for all those years..  Give him the kids and let him turn them into a contender..   It's what he does..
Unless you are getting something like Anthony Davis there is no point in mortgaging the future for ECF Appearances.. We are already there..