Author Topic: Look at this joke of an article about Carmelo  (Read 6325 times)

Re: Look at this joke of an article about Carmelo
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
Come to Boston... A team of Rondo, J-Smoove and Anthony with a decent C, and winning a championship will bring forth your legacy.

And a gallon of Maalox for Coach Stevens before every game.  ;D

As much as we claim Melo is a black hole, Melo is a career 3.1 APG. Consider Gay/Pierce is 3.4 and 2.2, I think Melo can play into a motion offense, and probably benefit greatly from it. J-Smoove is also a career 3.2 APG.
shaqattack may be referring to the shooting. that team offensively would be melo, and then more melo. this year, rondo and smith are shooting:

rondo
2p%  46.9
3p%  35.3
ft%   32.1

smith
2p%  39.5
3p%  25.0
ft%   43.3

with those two on the floor in the 4th quarter of a close game opponents would have choices on whom to foul.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2014, 04:43:26 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Come to Boston... A team of Rondo, J-Smoove and Anthony with a decent C, and winning a championship will bring forth your legacy.

+1....I've been on board this train for awhile

Get the Oak Hill boys back together.

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2014, 04:44:45 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Who's to say that winning a championship is his ultimate goal?

Actually, that's  exactly what he himself claims. In his own words, "It's not about the money. It's about the legacy."

And why should it be?

It's fine, actually it's admirable, to have other goals outside of basketball. But if I'm any team thinking about paying or trading for a guy that's primed to make $20 million a year, I only want the guy whose sole purpose in life is to go for that championship.

You know why PP, KG and Ray meshed so well immediately upon their coming together in Boston? Because each and every one of them had the mentality that they would do ANYTHING for a championship. That's why they busted their asses on defense; that's why Ray let his numbers drop without saying a single word about it; that's why they shared the ball from the get-go as unselfishly as any 20ppg players ever have. And it worked. Those are the kinds of guys I want on my team.

Not some guy who is going to cut corners because he cares less about basketball than he does about winning. As a fan, I don't want a player who is going to do that. Just like I don't want bench players who are going to whine about it and not accept their role. Just like I want a coach who would rather coach than simply be well-liked (which was one of my biggest gripes with Doc).  In short, I want a team of winners. Carmelo doesn't have that mentality, pure and simple.

The bolded statement makes very little sense. I don't think Pierce, KG, and Ray were more motivated than Anthony (and you can't prove it either, without empty grandstanding based on hindsight bias -- I bet the Nets were just as motivated to do so when they got Pierce and KG to go with Joe Johnson), they just caught lightning in a bottle and rode it all the way to the top.

It's a nice monologue about winning one for the Gipper, though.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2014, 04:48:02 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
raise your hand if you'd trade Rondo and Jeff Green (arguably our two best players) for Melo...

*raises hand*...   I'm sure others agree with me if they actually give it rational thought.   As bad as Melo is... he's worth our two best players combined.

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2014, 05:38:08 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
When I read that article I felt like he was trying to find a way to brand his name without winning. Like he was trying to avoid that route.

It's sad. He wants staying power like jordan or the way magic has it on the west coast? Win.

It's funny he wondered how all those athletes had staying power after their careers were over? They won... A LOT!

Their names became synonymous with winning. And thus their names became branding material synonymous with success and quality.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2014, 05:54:37 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/11904296/new-york-knicks-forward-carmelo-anthony-wants-bulletproof-reputation

He's just such a clown. The most overrated "star" of all time has announced that he wants to be a "cultural icon". Give me a break... he should try winning a bit more before he opens his mouth

lol, he wants to be a "cultural icon" ha! he sounds like one of those guys that give themselves a nick name.

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2014, 06:24:33 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
So the man has a massive ego and isn't shy about it. Oh well. I would too if I were a player of his caliber. I wish he'd put his money into doing some good for the world, but if he really does make it like he wants to, I respect that too.