Author Topic: My blow it up trade idea (Realistically as possible)  (Read 2275 times)

My blow it up trade idea (Realistically as possible)
« on: January 28, 2013, 10:12:12 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I am completely against blowing it up. But I thought I would have some fun and see what I could come up with. I know KG isnt going anywhere, and I dont think Pierce is either. But rather than bash everyone elses Blow Up threads, I was bored, thought I would try on on me own keeping it as realistic as I could, and get some bashing in return.

Scenario... Danny sits down with KG and Pierce. Says look guys, we aren't going to win this year. You guys want a shot at another title. You can either fight it out with us... Or help us by getting younger, help you by going to winning championship contenders...For some reason, they both say yes.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aat7ovs

Trade: KG and Terry
For: Martin's (expiring), Thabeet, Maynor (Expiring), and Perry Jones.

Martin is playing great for OKC but how can you turn down a chance to get Garnett? Replace Martins productivity with Terry's scoring off the bench (although not as much of it).

Westbrook
Thabo/Terry
Durant
Garnett/Ibaka
Perkins/Collison

Gives them a great 8 man rotation and a very good 4 man bigs rotation.

A little more of a stretch here.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bbqdwew

Boston Trades: Pierce to Memphis

Memphis Trades: Gay to Phoenix

Boston Recieves: Gortat, Wesley Johnson (Expiring), Telfair (Expiring) Suns First Round Pick top 8 protected.

Boston doesnt get the value or return they should for Pierce but saves cap space next year, gets a good center, and nets a draft pick.

Finish this year with:

Bradley/Telfair/Maynor
Lee/Martin
Green/Jones/Johnson
Sully/Bass
Gortat/Thabeet

Scenario two trades Bass and our first rounder to Toronto and flips Maynor to the Raptors as well.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bcp63tl

Finish this year with:

Lowry/Bradley/Telfair(Ex)
Lee/Martin(Exp)
Green/Jones/Johnson(Exp)
Sully/Wilcox (Exp)
Gortat/Thabeet/Melo

Next Year we have Rondo 12mil, Green 9 mil, Lee 5 mil, Bradley 2.5 mil, Gortat 7 mil, Sully 1.4 mil, Thabeet 1 mil, Jones 1 mil, Melo 1.3 mil. Lowry is only guaranteed 1 mil next year, we could look to trade or just not exercise his option. Roughly equaling with Lowry 46 - 47 mil 41-42 without. Plus the Suns first round pick.

Could we throw a deal at Josh Smith? Trade Lowry for another asset to fill a need if we have him or let him go to offer a max. We go into our rebuilding future with:

Rondo/Lowry
Bradley/Lee
Green/Jones
Smith/Sully
Gortat/Melo/Thabeet

With the Sun first round pick... If we cant trade Bass and our first for Lowry then we have.

Rondo
Bradley/Lee
Green/Jones
Smith/Sully/Bass
Gortat/Thabeet/Melo

The Suns first round pick and our first round pick.

Could be worse? Thoughts changes?

In the end, I am against blowing it up. Im against trading Pierce and Garnett. But if it had to happen, then this would be my attempt at it.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:17:33 AM by pearljammer10 »

Re: My blow it up trade idea (Realistically as possible)
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 10:36:30 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
The other thought that crossed my mind was Pierce going to Utah for Jefferson's expiring. Dont know what other pieces would need to be put in.

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 10:54:34 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I made the following suggestions prior to Rondo getting hurt and have since modified the trade to Atlanta.  I think Atlanta would be one of the few teams that would trade for Rondo given his friendship with Smith and they could trade Williams who is also out for the year.  Also not sure Cleveland makes the trade, but Green is playing, while Varejao is not and Green fits more appropriately with the age of the rest of the team and fills a greater need as a potential SF of the future.

CLE - Green
BOS - Varejao

LAC - Pierce
BOS - Butler, Odom (expiring), 2013 1st, 2015 1st

MIN - Garnett
BOS - Pekovic, Ridnour

ATL - Rondo, Lee, Collins
BOS - Williams, Jenkins, Morrow (expiring), Korver (expiring), 2014 1st

IND - Terry
BOS - Augustin (expiring)

So the team the rest of the year with all the moves is:

PG - Ridnour, Augustin, Barbosa
SG - Bradley, Morrow, Jenkins
SF - Butler, Korver
PF - Sullinger, Odom
C - Pekovic, Melo, Wilcox

IR - Varejao, Williams

In other words, the team sucks the rest of the year, but next summer, has room for 1 max contract (in addition to room to re-sign Pekovic) and will have Varejao and Williams coming back in addition to that probable high lottery pick. 

2013-4 projected lineup
PG - Ridnour, ?
SG - Williams, Bradley
SF - Butler, ?
PF - Varejao, Sullinger
C - Pekovic, ?, Melo

Then in the 2014 summer, the team once again will have room for a max contract when Butler and Ridnour come off the books and get a couple of more 1st round picks (their own and the Rondo trade) in what is projected as a very deep 2014 draft.

Obviously this would be a risky way to go, but it clears a ton of salary to get cap room each of the next two summers and provides a number of young players on reasonable contracts to develop.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 11:01:01 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
I made the following suggestions prior to Rondo getting hurt and have since modified the trade to Atlanta.  I think Atlanta would be one of the few teams that would trade for Rondo given his friendship with Smith and they could trade Williams who is also out for the year.  Also not sure Cleveland makes the trade, but Green is playing, while Varejao is not and Green fits more appropriately with the age of the rest of the team and fills a greater need as a potential SF of the future.

CLE - Green
BOS - Varejao

LAC - Pierce

MIN - Garnett
BOS - Pekovic, Ridnour

IND - Terry

SF - Butler, Korver
PF - Sullinger, Odom

IR - Varejao, Williams

In other words, the team sucks the rest of the year, but next summer, has room for 1 max contract (in addition to room to re-sign Pekovic) and will have Varejao and Williams coming back in addition to that probable high lottery pick. 

2013-4 projected lineup
PG - Ridnour, ?
SG - Williams, Bradley
SF - Butler, ?
PF - Varejao, Sullinger
C - Pekovic, ?, Melo

Then in the 2014 summer, the team once again will have room for a max contract when Butler and Ridnour come off the books and get a couple of more 1st round picks (their own and the Rondo trade) in what is projected as a very deep 2014 draft.

Obviously this would be a risky way to go, but it clears a ton of salary to get cap room each of the next two summers and provides a number of young players on reasonable contracts to develop.

Very risky but if all the dominoes fell in place then it would work well.

I was looking at Pierce to the Clippers but was weary or Butlers two years. In this deal seeing it opens up another cap space in 2014 makes it something worth pursuing.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 11:09:25 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Isnt Williams like 6'10"?

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2013, 11:10:32 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

CLE - Green
BOS - Varejao

LAC - Pierce

MIN - Garnett
BOS - Pekovic, Ridnour

IND - Terry

SF - Butler, Korver
PF - Sullinger, Odom

IR - Varejao, Williams

2013-4 projected lineup
PG - Ridnour, ?
SG - Williams, Bradley
SF - Butler, ?
PF - Varejao, Sullinger
C - Pekovic, ?, Melo

Very risky but if all the dominoes fell in place then it would work well.

I was looking at Pierce to the Clippers but was weary or Butlers two years. In this deal seeing it opens up another cap space in 2014 makes it something worth pursuing.
Varejao would also come off the books when Butler and Ridnour do, but I figured the team might try to re-sign him at around what he was making so I didn't include him as opening cap room, but he certainly could fill that bill as well.  Before Rondo got hurt, I had Atlanta sending Teague instead of Morrow and Jenkins, but I can't see them doing that now, though I would certainly start there if I was Ainge.

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 11:11:09 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Louis Williams is 6'2"

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 11:11:27 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

Lou Williams? no SG

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 11:17:51 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I think you have some interesting ideas, here, but I will criticize the KG-to-Oklahoma trade. I think that the Thunder, as constructed, actually need Martin for their sixth man more than they need another big, even one as good as KG. Now, we could make that sweeter by taking the Perkins contract back, but then we would have the Perkins contract. I like getting Jones, but I wouldn't go so far.

Now, on to your second deal. Why is Gay going to Phoenix, here? I'm not sure I see the match. Gay might be an good fit with the Raptors, though...

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 11:27:34 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
I think you have some interesting ideas, here, but I will criticize the KG-to-Oklahoma trade. I think that the Thunder, as constructed, actually need Martin for their sixth man more than they need another big, even one as good as KG. Now, we could make that sweeter by taking the Perkins contract back, but then we would have the Perkins contract. I like getting Jones, but I wouldn't go so far.

Now, on to your second deal. Why is Gay going to Phoenix, here? I'm not sure I see the match. Gay might be an good fit with the Raptors, though...

I saw the OKC needs Martin more than another big flaw as well...

And I did indeed have the Raptors as my first destination for Rudy over Phoenix but I homered it because I thought Gortat was a better return.

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2013, 11:30:57 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

And I did indeed have the Raptors as my first destination for Rudy over Phoenix but I homered it because I thought Gortat was a better return.

I feel like this would be fair from the Raptors... Not sure I am a huge fan however.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bybcpfx

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 11:39:04 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff

I hear that. Playing trade machine games with the Raptors always ends with the same question- where to put Bargnani. He could be worth his money to a team that has a dominant inside presence and benefits from his spacing, like the role Ryan Anderson played next to Dwight Howard.

When Bynum comes back, he could actually be brilliant playing PF for the 76ers. This might be a little wacky, but what do you think of this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bfjs26q

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 11:40:38 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff

I feel like this would be fair from the Raptors... Not sure I am a huge fan however.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bybcpfx

Yes, I agree with you 100%. I'm pretty sure neither of us likes Bargnani for the Celtics, though.

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 11:56:17 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones

I hear that. Playing trade machine games with the Raptors always ends with the same question- where to put Bargnani. He could be worth his money to a team that has a dominant inside presence and benefits from his spacing, like the role Ryan Anderson played next to Dwight Howard.

When Bynum comes back, he could actually be brilliant playing PF for the 76ers. This might be a little wacky, but what do you think of this: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bfjs26q

Wacky indeed... But if we are forced to move Pierce that isnt all that bad of a return.

Ive always been a Hawes fan... Not sure if I like him as a starting center but he is a center none the less. Picking up Moultre would be a decent addition as well. At least get some youth in return.