Author Topic: Fire Joe! ... or critique Joe ... or defend Joe... or worry about Joe's coaching  (Read 247571 times)

celts55, Moranis and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1622
If that Jaylen Brown 3 didn't happen tonight, Joe is getting pitchforked.

Told you the Celtics win in spite of him. Those were some maddening adjustments. Kornet getting killed, Horford getting run to the ground...it's time to put in Queta. Hauser is a dud? Sub him out. Tatum didn't even jog down the court and just stood there at half-court on transition like he's waiting to play hero ball in OT. Then he takes the pass and passes over for an awful turnover. Gotta take some accountability and tell your guys to get movin'! And I don't even wanna talk about the missed FTs even tho the refs kinda favored us tonight. Two blown 12-point leads. We aren't getting lucky every night.

Oh and Game 2 is on Thursday, that's the expected loss right? Pacers still haven't shot like 50% or 70% from 3 yet and opposing teams usually win those typa games.

been saying same thing brother,

if hauser cannot cut it try that svi guy. he can shoot at times. worth a shot. zero reason not to rest Al and use Q or X to be a bruiser and beat on other teams big and get some boards.

these missed FT's will cost us a game if we do not start making them at a better rate especially JB!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214

Told you the Celtics win in spite of him. Those were some maddening adjustments. Kornet getting killed, Horford getting run to the ground...it's time to put in Queta. Hauser is a dud? Sub him out. Tatum didn't even jog down the court and just stood there at half-court on transition like he's waiting to play hero ball in OT. Then he takes the pass and passes over for an awful turnover. Gotta take some accountability and tell your guys to get movin'! And I don't even wanna talk about the missed FTs even tho the refs kinda favored us tonight. Two blown 12-point leads. We aren't getting lucky every night.

Oh and Game 2 is on Thursday, that's the expected loss right? Pacers still haven't shot like 50% or 70% from 3 yet and opposing teams usually win those typa games.

if hauser cannot cut it try that svi guy. he can shoot at times. worth a shot. zero reason not to rest Al and use Q or X to be a bruiser and beat on other teams big and get some boards.

these missed FT's will cost us a game if we do not start making them at a better rate especially JB!

If Joe played Svi in real minutes fans would be in an uproar, and rightfully so. He couldn't play good enough defense to earn rotation minutes in the regular season, why would we play him in a close playoff game?

I'd like to see Tillman get some run, but he was out for last night's game for personal reasons. Queta's probably worth a shot as a change of pace, but he'd be getting killed defensively too. It's a scheme issue, not a personnel one (although I'm sure having a healthy KP would solve it)
I'm bitter.

Online jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1784
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Horford played 40 minutes and got killed in the pick and roll. That’s trouble and on the coach. Kornet and houser are useless. Explain to me why we don’t use other guys. Why is it that every other team uses different lineups except the Celtics? You had all year to try stuff. They weren’t threatened during the season. If they lose he has to go. Such a terrible coach

It's upsetting. At this point, it is obvious Joe puts an emphasis only on offense and none on defense. And unfortunately, those offensive guys (Hauser and Luke) aren't even giving you anything on that end.

Some guys are made to eat quality minutes during the season, while other guys can better shine during the postseason. We have a whole bench full of hard-nosed defenders (Oshae, Springer, Tillman, Queta). We even have an edgier version of Hauser (Svi).

I get it, I'm not saying any of these guys are going to come in and definitely change the game for the Celtics, but to keep putting the same guys out there - guys that are only 8th and 9th on your regular depth chart anyway - just doesn't make any sense. For the love of god, just try Oshae at the 5 against a perimeter big in Turner or have Springer lock down on D for 3-4 minutes.

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 715
  • MASTER OF PANIC
At this point, play Brissett and Tillman. Brissett is high energy, will rebound and will defend. That is three things Sam Hauser is not.

We know X can defend. He did is vs AD last playoffs. Kornet is often lost or out of position.

Joe's insistence on going to these 2 over and over is exhausting. Sam just is not good enough for playoff basketball. 3 series in and he has done nothing. Can't get his shot. Can't defend.

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 993
At this point, play Brissett and Tillman. Brissett is high energy, will rebound and will defend. That is three things Sam Hauser is not.

We know X can defend. He did is vs AD last playoffs. Kornet is often lost or out of position.

Joe's insistence on going to these 2 over and over is exhausting. Sam just is not good enough for playoff basketball. 3 series in and he has done nothing. Can't get his shot. Can't defend.

X wasn’t even available last night so I would save this critique for when he is.  I do think we’ll see him the next game.  Indiana is a tough matchup for Kornet (although the Celtics outscored Indiana while he was on the floor).

Brissett plays hard but is beyond useless on the offensive end.  Hauser was fine in the Miami series, also, so your memory is a little short.  I think he needs to be separated from Pritchard tho, who’s been over dribbling a bit and thus making it harder for the ball to pop around and find an open Hauser.

Online celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 715
  • MASTER OF PANIC

X wasn’t even available last night so I would save this critique for when he is.  I do think we’ll see him the next game.  Indiana is a tough matchup for Kornet (although the Celtics outscored Indiana while he was on the floor).

Brissett plays hard but is beyond useless on the offensive end.  Hauser was fine in the Miami series, also, so your memory is a little short.  I think he needs to be separated from Pritchard tho, who’s been over dribbling a bit and thus making it harder for the ball to pop around and find an open Hauser.

As they get deeper into the playoffs Hauser is becoming an issue. Right now he is not getting it done at either end.

As for X, I was referring to the rest of the series. I hope you are right about him getting a chance.

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1633
  • What a Pub Should Be
Do we know Tillman's return table yet?

Awful news about his father.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Online angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 608

Yeah, he was fine during the Miami series but that doesn't mean you leave him out in a huge ECF game where you see your lead evaporate everytime he comes in. A good coach recognizes that. It's games like these that remind me the chances are less at winning it all because our coach can only make changes game to game(if at all) rather than quarter to quarter. You have to game plane knowing that if x guy doesn't work, be ready to throw y in and see if that provides a spark.

We needed energy on the boards last night and Q would've been perfect for that job imo.
Still don't believe in Joe.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25603
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I don't think it's been mentioned.

I lost a parent about that age.  I can't even imagine being asked to perform my job in any capacity, let alone at the highest level in front of millions of people.

For those who use instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7KlHFcLPSJ/

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2979

Yeah that’s terrible situation everyone goes though,  it would be hard to focus for me.
Reminds me of IT losing his sister .

Tragedy doesn’t stop for NBA playoffs

Offline Phantom255x

• Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3036
  • On To Banner 18!
I'm assuming he'll remain out Thursday. Maybe hopefully he can return by the weekend but everyone grieves differently, it's a difficult situation as is.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 265
  • International Superstar

If Joe played Svi in real minutes fans would be in an uproar, and rightfully so. He couldn't play good enough defense to earn rotation minutes in the regular season, why would we play him in a close playoff game?

I'd like to see Tillman get some run, but he was out for last night's game for personal reasons. Queta's probably worth a shot as a change of pace, but he'd be getting killed defensively too. It's a scheme issue, not a personnel one (although I'm sure having a healthy KP would solve it)
I think so. KP has always been the most significant change between this year's team and last year's team - without him on the floor we largely remain the team that could easily win it all or easily blow a series to a much worse team.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.