Author Topic: IT4 going for 30 ppg - Currently at 29.4  (Read 3836 times)

Re: IT4 going for 30 ppg
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2017, 09:21:54 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I really don't care if he goes for it. Good for him.

It would be special to have a scoring champion at 5'9". I think if he becomes the scoring champion there's an argument that he's a true NBA superstar.

I don't think we can win in the playoffs with Hoford and Amir and our big men and that's got nothing to do with our guards. Our guards are awesome. Our bigs are Al Horford, KO and some very basic role players so IT can do whatever he wants.

At this point, the only way we are winning a series or two is if IT completely goes off and destroys everyone until our lack of big men strength on D is exposed.

We also have the Nets pick which looks like arguably the best 'available' trade asset behind Cousins in the NBA and arguably more valuable than even Jimmy Butler....so our team that is not a true contender needs things like IT going for the scoring title to keep me excited while we wait for the draft or any trades that happen.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2017, 09:54:27 AM »

Offline BE-Celtic

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 48
If I could choose, I would rather see his assists go up a bit (but maybe he is just not playing with good enough scorers).

Still I would be glad to see his avg go up to 30 as a reward for all he does. He's carrying a team, he deserves recognition

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2017, 01:12:58 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
He should tell Ainge to pay him a million for every point averaged since he's helped make us relevant again.

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2017, 01:31:57 PM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 79
I really don't care if he goes for it. Good for him.

It would be special to have a scoring champion at 5'9". I think if he becomes the scoring champion there's an argument that he's a true NBA superstar.

I don't think we can win in the playoffs with Hoford and Amir and our big men and that's got nothing to do with our guards. Our guards are awesome. Our bigs are Al Horford, KO and some very basic role players so IT can do whatever he wants.

At this point, the only way we are winning a series or two is if IT completely goes off and destroys everyone until our lack of big men strength on D is exposed.

We also have the Nets pick which looks like arguably the best 'available' trade asset behind Cousins in the NBA and arguably more valuable than even Jimmy Butler....so our team that is not a true contender needs things like IT going for the scoring title to keep me excited while we wait for the draft or any trades that happen.
Agreed. It's one of the best story lines of the season.

The others for me is Jaylen Brown's development.

The Nets losing.

Getting the 2 seed.

AB's growth.

There are many more but IT4 going for 30 ppg is at the top for me.

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2017, 03:20:29 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
There is the phrase, "Stats are for losers."

One might as well become a Sacramento Kings fan and drool over Cousins' stats.

Isaiah is great on offense. He should get as many shots as possible. But they need to come in the flow of the game. I did like some of his passes last night.

I am undecided on keeping him only because $30 million is too much to give someone who might only be worth $20 million. If we had Horford at 20 million instead of 30, we'd be in a much better spot right now.

Evan Turner could have developed into a Celtics legend. He showed that much improvement. But because of money, we will never know.

I'm rooting for Isaiah, but I need one more leap from him. He is only worth the maximum if our team offense becomes top flight. It isn't that just yet, and I am not saying that's Isaiah's fault. I just want to see a little more from him in regards to team offense instead of Isaiah Time. If Isaiah Time means he can pile up assists if his shots aren't there, then I might be willing to personally drive the Brinks Truck or whatever I can do to help keep him here. I need to see a little more. That's all I'm saying.

It's the same with Olynyk. I am still in the evaluation stage.

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 07:54:17 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
IT4 is now at 29.4 after scoring 41 points last night.

Westbrook is first at 30.8 and Harden fell back down to 28.8.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 08:27:19 AM by TrueFan »

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 08:13:37 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
If we had taken Ben Simmons, would have made the IT situation we are in even more interesting
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 08:27:10 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Isaiah is great on offense. He should get as many shots as possible. But they need to come in the flow of the game. I did like some of his passes last night.

I am undecided on keeping him only because $30 million is too much to give someone who might only be worth $20 million. If we had Horford at 20 million instead of 30, we'd be in a much better spot right now.

Evan Turner could have developed into a Celtics legend. He showed that much improvement. But because of money, we will never know.

I'm rooting for Isaiah, but I need one more leap from him. He is only worth the maximum if our team offense becomes top flight. It isn't that just yet, and I am not saying that's Isaiah's fault. I just want to see a little more from him in regards to team offense instead of Isaiah Time. If Isaiah Time means he can pile up assists if his shots aren't there, then I might be willing to personally drive the Brinks Truck or whatever I can do to help keep him here. I need to see a little more. That's all I'm saying.

And if we had him at $1 million instead of $26.5 million we'd be in even better shape, but that's not an option. Horford wasn't gonna sign for $1 million, or $2 million, or $20 million (or $30 million since that was more than his max). We're better off with Horford for $26.5 million than with $26.5 million in cap space, so it's a good deal.  And when IT becomes a FA, we'll be better off paying him the max than with a lower payroll (not signing him likely won't open up any cap space since we'll be resigning AB and Smart plus signing others), although maybe not for 5 years
I'm bitter.

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2017, 08:37:50 AM »

Offline TrueFan

• NCE
  • Don Chaney

And if we had him at $1 million instead of $26.5 million we'd be in even better shape, but that's not an option. Horford wasn't gonna sign for $1 million, or $2 million, or $20 million (or $30 million since that was more than his max). We're better off with Horford for $26.5 million than with $26.5 million in cap space, so it's a good deal.  And when IT becomes a FA, we'll be better off paying him the max than with a lower payroll (not signing him likely won't open up any cap space since we'll be resigning AB and Smart plus signing others), although maybe not for 5 years
Good post but I wouldn't waste too much time educating those posters.

There are some people who will never support IT. They are probably a fraction of the people who thought he was better suited as a sixth man and deep down still think he is. Luckily we don't have to see those threads pop up anymore but every once in a while a mention of it comes up.

IT over the last two months has put up numbers like Curry did last season. There is no debate over the last two months that he should had been passing more like the poster mentioned above you.

Re: IT4 going for 30 ppg - Currently at 29.4
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2017, 08:46:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
There are a few better players than IT or franchise players  BUT ....NONE of them are available for the Celtics at ANY price

So....we are fortunate to have him .  Or our Record would be closer to the Lakers.

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2017, 08:48:22 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
He had 20 points in the last 6 minutes, when the game was on the line.  Not putting up empty stats in blowouts.  He's playing to win.  Also averaged 7 assists per game in January.  Cmon, recognize he's just playing great.

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2017, 08:51:59 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
IT is a special player. We are lucky to watch him. The Celtics would have lost without him last night. Another great move by Danny. I'm starting to think Danny critics are spoiled by New England's sporting success.

If Danny can acquire another stud, I have no problem giving IT his well deserved money.

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2017, 08:57:21 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
IT is playing at a legit League MVP Level.. His 4 qtr scoring is ridiculous for anyone of Any Size..  When he plays like this we are an Elite team... I dont understand people who say that his scoring doesn't matter, or they would rather see his assist higher.   When Kobe, Jordan, Curry, Lebaby, heck any other guy in the league that we drool over, when they score (for wins) we dont say dang.. sure wish that guy passed the ball instead of scoring.

What IT is doing is impressive because We win games because of it.  We rarely blow  anybody out so every bucket made counts...

Even if you bring in a #2 scorer..  This team would still need IT to do what he does especially in the 4th.

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2017, 01:43:45 PM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
Al Horford will cost $30 million by the end of his deal.

Once you pay that to three guys, there is no money left.

Oklahoma couldn't keep Harden.

Cleveland is on the verge of turning into a mess. They have depleted all their assets and are stuck with it.

Golden State is sitting pretty right now, but we'll see what they do when their guys need new contracts.

I am in the evaluating stage. I'm not saying you can sign guys like Horford for $15-20 million. But that once you finish a maximum salary binge, you could end up looking like the Knicks or Brooklyn.

I hope it works out. Maybe Isaiah is evolving into a top ten NBA player and will be worth it, as long as you have a top defensive team to put around him to hide his height.

I am probably wrong about Isaiah and he could be worth the Brinks Truck. Horford is only signed for three years after this one and seems relatively healthy, so he's no Amar'e Stoudemire signing.

The crazy people are the ones who want Carmelo Anthony.

Danny should try to pluck the next Gortat if one emerges. Maybe that is Zizac. Apparently it isn't Sanders who I was hoping Danny would sign.

I guess we will probably resign Isaiah and most of the other players, like Smart and Olynyk.

I guess the salary cap experts can predict best how we will look in two or three years. Bradley will need a new contract. We are missing information we can't possibly ever know until it happens, such as what Danny will do or not do for trading and the next free agency.

We seem destined to compete with Cleveland for the highest team salary and that's a good problem to have if you want your team to compete for championships.