Author Topic: LBJ Averaging 2 fouls per game in playoffs  (Read 3970 times)

LBJ Averaging 2 fouls per game in playoffs
« on: May 09, 2010, 09:50:26 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Kobe. =  3.6 FPG.      38 MPG
Wade =  3.2 FPG.       42 MPG
Melo. =  4.3 FPG.       42 MPG
Durant = 2.8 FPG.      38.5 MPG
Howard = 4.9 FPG.     30 MPG

Lequeen = 2.0 FPG.   41 MPG

These are probably the top 5 superstars in the game and these guys don't even get the kind of treatment from the refs thatcry baby james does. It is so obvious to anyone who watches these games that the NBA wants James in the Finals and I know it has been pointed out many times before, but these foul numbers are just a joke.

If you take away the 4 fouls they called on lebron in game 4 today( 1 coming near the end when the c's had the game won) James  is averaging 1.6 FPG through 7 playoff games. Also the last 4 games before today James had a total of 1 foul in each game.

This is the playoffs which means  it is a more physical, more fouls being commited by everyone except for Queen James of course.

I know he is a great athletic defender but come on!!!!!

The big 3 almost all almost fouled out. And the C's start off every game in foul trouble, I am so sick of this crap

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 10:09:57 PM by rondohondo »

Re: LBJ Averaging under 1.8 fouls per game in playoffs
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 09:53:16 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Yeah, hard to understand how this is possible. But really, he's such an athletic specimen that he can afford not to use many of the tricks most defenders have to rely on to get the job done.

For example, he can wait for the ball to go up and then jump to block the ball, without having to risk contact with the person he's defending. He also doesn't have to rely on his hands to stop strong players from penetrating, etc.

So in all, it's easy to see when you come down to it why he doesn't get many fouls called on him. But even so... I think he's given the benefit of the doubt a bit too often.

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2010, 09:58:16 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Yeah, hard to understand how this is possible. But really, he's such an athletic specimen that he can afford not to use many of the tricks most defenders have to rely on to get the job done.

For example, he can wait for the ball to go up and then jump to block the ball, without having to risk contact with the person he's defending. He also doesn't have to rely on his hands to stop strong players from penetrating, etc.

So in all, it's easy to see when you come down to it why he doesn't get many fouls called on him. But even so... I think he's given the benefit of the doubt a bit too often.

That might make some sense, but then why is Dwight Howard ,the 2 time defensive player of the year, being called for 5 FPG IN ONLY 30 MPG? Are you telling me that Lebron is a better defender than Howard? It just bs over the top star treatment

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2010, 10:02:00 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

That might make some sense, but then why is Dwight Howard ,the 2 time defensive player, being called for 5 FPG IN ONLY 30 MPG? Are you telling me that Lebron is a better defender than Howard? It just bs over the top star treatment

Dwight is a dumb player for one. Secondly, he's playing against bigger players, while LeBron is dealing with small forwards and shooting guards. He's on the perimeter, Dwight has to challenge everyone that penetrates.  LeBron is faster. LeBron doesn't have to fight for position, since he always receives the ball in the perimeter, Dwight is often called for fouls for fighting for position...

Really not a good comparison to make.

Dwight getting some recognition defensively also has to do with his rebounding.

Re: LBJ Averaging 2 fouls per game in playoffs
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Lebron committed 1.6 fouls over 39 minutes all season long.  The guy just doesn't commit fouls probably because he is hidden on the defensive end and he isn't nearly as aggressive as other guys.  You might have something other just homeristic whining if Lebron committed 3 fouls a game in the regular season and was all of a sudden half that, but that just isn't the case.  

Frankly I'm tired of all the homeristic whining and blind hate that is running rampant through this blog.  This is the kind of crap that is why nobody likes Boston sports fans.  Grow up and turn the koolaid glasses off.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 10:23:52 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
LBJ is the best player in the game. By far.

And the officials haven't cost us a game in this series. Not one. The crying about whistles after Friday night's game in this blog was embarrassing.

TP, Moranis.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 10:25:42 PM »

Offline reggie35

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 51
He's also allowed one more step than the average NBA player.

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 10:27:05 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 70
Tommy points for the non-whining, gents.

I totally agree. This stuff is becoming really, really silly.

Especially since NOBODY seems to see all the moving picks KG sets, the bumps our guys get away with, etc.

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 10:30:55 PM »

Offline reggie35

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 51

Especially since NOBODY seems to see all the moving picks KG sets, the bumps our guys get away with, etc.

Heeey... now you're getting it. KG can set a moving screen but Perkins cannot.

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 10:32:04 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney

To a large extent, this is true.

« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 10:36:08 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9
Lebron committed 1.6 fouls over 39 minutes all season long.  The guy just doesn't commit fouls probably because he is hidden on the defensive end and he isn't nearly as aggressive as other guys.  You might have something other just homeristic whining if Lebron committed 3 fouls a game in the regular season and was all of a sudden half that, but that just isn't the case.  

Frankly I'm tired of all the homeristic whining and blind hate that is running rampant through this blog.  This is the kind of crap that is why nobody likes Boston sports fans.  Grow up and turn the koolaid glasses off.

Since when is Lebron hidden and not aggressive on the defensive end? He usually covers Pierce and he goes for blocks and steals all the time.  

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2010, 10:40:36 PM »

Offline CoachCowens

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 9

Varegao's moving picks cancel KG's out.

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2010, 10:41:42 PM »

Offline FallGuy

• Don Chaney

Varegao's moving picks cancel KG's out.

You know what? I wish more people though that. So the whining would cease.

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2010, 10:49:14 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Lebron is such a freak athlete that he can truly defend most players without having to foul. Look at Rondo today. What did he have, 2 fouls? Yet he played incredibly aggressive defense for the entire game. But, he is a great athlete and can do that. They you have guys like Paul and Ray who simply are not freak athletes and thus almost have to commit fouls when they play tight defense. I am not going to defend Lebron because he is not my favorite player, and he probably could get called for another foul or two here or there, but the bottom line is he is a great player who usually plays the game better than anyone else. Except for today -- RONDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2010, 10:55:09 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 595
Yeah, it's "whining" to state facts. If that  makes you feel smarter then  keep ignoring this blatant bs.
Still don't believe in Joe.