Author Topic: Booing during the playoffs is NOT ok  (Read 11597 times)

Re: Booing during the playoffs is NOT ok
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2010, 11:51:46 PM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
The officials were, as they usually are, irrelevant.

The Celtics were not a competent opponent tonight - for Cleveland or anyone - and they embarrassed the great tradition of this franchise with a totally insufficient effort on both ends of the floor.

Well the officiating was horrible in the first quarter when the Cavs jumped out to there big lead and never looked back.

Difference between the terrible officiating in the last two games and this game: The cavs actually made there shots (excluding mo williams) and their free throws this game

Does anyone else realize that we could have gotten smoked by the cavs in our previous 2 games? Their entire team was choking on every shot and free throw. They shoot like they did tonight and we get smoked in those games. No our defense wasn't that much worse in this game in better in those.

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2010, 11:55:22 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Neither is losing by 30.

No, it's not, but why can't the fans show some respect for what the Celtics franchise has done.

I think the respect is in the millions of dollars that comes out of the fans' pockets and goes into the players pockets. All of these guys are paid huge money to play a game. As someone wrote earlier, this isn't little league.

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2010, 11:57:29 PM »

Online tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
as a Celtics fan since the 60's, i was embarrassed by all the empty seats in the Garden at tipoff and the flat crowd for the biggest game yet this season.

the times, they are a changin'
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #48 on: May 08, 2010, 12:01:34 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
as a Celtics fan since the 60's, i was embarrassed by all the empty seats in the Garden at tipoff and the flat crowd for the biggest game yet this season.

As a Celtics fans since the 60's, I was embarrassed by the egg the Celtics laid on both ends of the court tonight. I also give credit to the best player in the game, Lebron James, for deciding he wanted his team to win and for taking the game over from the opening tap. I am also embarrassed by the fact that the Celtics pretty much quit before the first quarter ended. I am never embarrassed by the fans who pay huge dollars to attend these games.

« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2010, 12:06:59 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

As a Celtic fan since the early 90's all I can say is ditto.

« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2010, 12:11:10 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.

As a Celtics fans since the 60's, I was embarrassed by the egg the Celtics laid on both ends of the court tonight. I also give credit to the best player in the game, Lebron James, for deciding he wanted his team to win and for taking the game over from the opening tap. I am also embarrassed by the fact that the Celtics pretty much quit before the first quarter ended. I am never embarrassed by the fans who pay huge dollars to attend these games.

you are spot on!  it was evident in the first couple/three minutes of this game that LeBron had a clear focus and that he was NOT going to be stopped.  What impressed me is 1) how the Cavs kept their foot on the pedal the entire game, and 2) that the Cavs NEVER let the Celtics go on one of those expected runs in the 3rd or 4th periods.

We simply did not match that...  I can handle losing when I know the talent level isn't matched.  What I cannot handle is getting out-hustled.  The Celtics had EVERYTHING going for them tonight: stole one on the road...home court advantage...3 days of rest.  And they laid an egg.  Frankly, they deserved to be booed even louder than they were.  I never sensed the Celtics showed up for this one...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2010, 12:13:07 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

you are spot on!  it was evident in the first couple/three minutes of this game that LeBron had a clear focus and that he was NOT going to be stopped.  What impressed me is 1) how the Cavs kept their foot on the pedal the entire game, and 2) that the Cavs NEVER let the Celtics go on one of those expected runs in the 3rd or 4th periods.

We simply did not match that...  I can handle losing when I know the talent level isn't matched.  What I cannot handle is getting out-hustled.  The Celtics had EVERYTHING going for them tonight: stole one on the road...home court advantage...3 days of rest.  And they laid an egg.  Frankly, they deserved to be booed even louder than they were.  I never sensed the Celtics showed up for this one...

Doc said it in his press conference. Said the team played with no sense of urgency tonight and that he did not know why. Also noted that the last two practices were terrible. Hearing those comments tells me all I need to know and more about this team. Cavs - Magic is going to be a good eastern conference finals series.

« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2010, 12:16:25 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

Doc said it in his press conference. Said the team played with no sense of urgency tonight and that he did not know why. Also noted that the last two practices were terrible. Hearing those comments tells me all I need to know and more about this team. Cavs - Magic is going to be a good eastern conference finals series.

So what about MIke Brown's press conference after game 2? Sounds the exact same.....weird

« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2010, 12:20:46 AM »

Offline snowball

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 47
Booing accomplishes nothing.
It's a downer for the players and ruins the enjoyment of others. If you don't think the players respond negatively to boos, you're wrong. They are not slaves. This isn't Nero's Roman Circus. Players want support when they are down on missed shots or referee frustrations. You'll always get more from your team with sugar than with salt in the wound.

:'(

« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2010, 12:23:27 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

So what about MIke Brown's press conference after game 2? Sounds the exact same.....weird

Therre is one HUGE difference. A game like tonight has been the Celtics' MO all year. Monday night's game was one of the first times all season that the Cavs played as poorly as they did. The Celtics are what they are -- a nice second round playoff team that will be hitting the links soon.

« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2010, 12:23:52 AM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Based upon the regular season, there just isn't a strong belief or confidence in this team that they can win it all this year.

Fans believe in what they see, most of them.

« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2010, 12:24:06 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
It's a downer for the players and ruins the enjoyment of others. If you don't think the players respond negatively to boos, you're wrong. They are not slaves. This isn't Nero's Roman Circus. Players want support when they are down on missed shots or referee frustrations. You'll always get more from your team with sugar than with salt in the wound.

...but clapping for them creates a sense where the audience is nothing more than a group of enablers, correct?  you reward excellence and you criticize a lethargic effort.  tonight was not about talent...it was about effort (or the lack thereof).  people aren't booing the players...they are booing a lack of effort, and that is deserved.  they are professional athletes - they should allow this to inspire them...especially, since (noted above) their own coach called them out...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2010, 12:24:34 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

These are professional players making ZILLIONS of dollars. If a little booing hurts their itty bitty feelings, I honestly don't feel too badly about it.

« Reply #58 on: May 08, 2010, 12:26:08 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker

Therre is one HUGE difference. A game like tonight has been the Celtics' MO all year. Monday night's game was one of the first times all season that the Cavs played as poorly as they did. The Celtics are what they are -- a nice second round playoff team that will be hitting the links soon.

I will definitely give credit to you if you were saying that after game 2 and leading up to game 3.

Oh yeah don't forget that Celtics are complete underdogs and have no business even being in this series. So don't just expect them to wipe the floor against the best team in the NBA

« Reply #59 on: May 08, 2010, 12:42:42 AM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
Did the Cleveland fans boo their team when they were down 20 playing horribly in Game 2?

And they were the ones who expected to be thrashing us. All indications (even counting what the first round of the playoffs amde up for our regular season fail) were that we'd lose this series in 5 or 6. We blew them out on their homecourt guys. Believe.

One sub-par game in three is no reason to jump off the bandwagon. What will you guys say if we win by 20 next game? We'd probably have a better chance of winning the series if we played all 7 games in Cleveland.