Author Topic: If Celtics get all 4 draft picks:  (Read 3677 times)

Re: If Celtics get all 4 draft picks:
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 11:42:11 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Lets say we get all 4 picks..no way we can keep all 4 unless we get rid of some guys, not enough room on roster..let Morris, Rozier, and others walk after season end is only way...or big trade 😁😁😁

Why would you suggest letting Morris walk when he probably has been our 2nd best player so far this year and probably the most consistent. I want "Money" aka Morris to stay on this team.

If we can keep Morris for $8-10M annually, I’m with it 100%.

If he’s looking for $12-15M+ per, I don’t know.

And considering Smart basically got that, he may be worth it too.

He’s been great for us, he’s the only one getting the job done off the bench.
Morris wants to, and deserves to, have a starting job. The only negative in his play this year has been the (sometimes very) frustrating turnovers. He wants to get paid as well. I'm sure he's looking something north of what Marcus Smart got from the C's. No way he is back with this team next year.

Edit: We also have players and draft picks to use to replace MM when he bolts. Boston is also a team other veterans will want to come to play for. Some may not be the caliber of MM but some will. MM is just an excellent fit here so I'll be disappointed when he leaves.

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2018, 09:21:08 AM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
I think Dedric Lawson of Kansas could be a steal with a late round pick if they all convey. Really good size for a forward at 6’9 and 235 pounds. He has the exact same height and weight as Marcus Morris and also has a swagger to him that reminds me of Morris as well. Definitely think he could be a nice replacement if we were to let Morris go in free agency.

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2018, 09:45:49 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
I think Dedric Lawson of Kansas could be a steal with a late round pick if they all convey. Really good size for a forward at 6’9 and 235 pounds. He has the exact same height and weight as Marcus Morris and also has a swagger to him that reminds me of Morris as well. Definitely think he could be a nice replacement if we were to let Morris go in free agency.

There are a lot of guys with the same height and weight as Morris but 90% of them I wouldn't want shooting the ball over Morris and certainly not a rookie that might develop in 3 years.

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2018, 10:17:01 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Lets say we get all 4 picks..no way we can keep all 4 unless we get rid of some guys, not enough room on roster..let Morris, Rozier, and others walk after season end is only way...or big trade 😁😁😁

Why would you suggest letting Morris walk when he probably has been our 2nd best player so far this year and probably the most consistent. I want "Money" aka Morris to stay on this team.

If we can keep Morris for $8-10M annually, I’m with it 100%.

If he’s looking for $12-15M+ per, I don’t know.

And considering Smart basically got that, he may be worth it too.

He’s been great for us, he’s the only one getting the job done off the bench.

Morris is playing great now, but mostly disappeared during the playoffs after finishing the regular season strong last year.  He just seems like a streaky player fast approaching 30.  I wouldn’t be opposed to flipping him by the trade deadline, if we can’t re-sign him on a short term reasonable deal.

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2018, 10:44:08 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Please let's not play the stash game again, not at this point. Put together a trade, or trade up.

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2018, 10:46:15 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Ainge loves draft picks!! if we get all 4 picks he will draft 4 guards 6-5 and under
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2018, 10:49:35 AM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard

There are a lot of guys with the same height and weight as Morris but 90% of them I wouldn't want shooting the ball over Morris and certainly not a rookie that might develop in 3 years.

Relax, I didn’t say he was better than Morris I just said that he reminds me of him and could be a steal in the late first round.

Obviously we’d all like to keep Morris but the reality is that we might not be able too so we have to look at some other options and in my opinion Dedric Lawson could be a decent replacement.

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2018, 11:55:31 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664

TP for pointing him out.  Kansas is playing on ESPN2 tonight. 

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2018, 12:09:05 PM »

Offline willyd24

• Payton Pritchard

TP for pointing him out.  Kansas is playing on ESPN2 tonight.

Thanks, I’d definitely recommend checking him out. He had 20 points, 14 rebounds, and 6 assists versus a very good Michigan State team last week.

4 pics
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2018, 03:42:14 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
I like our chances of having 4 pics next year... clippers if healthy will fight for the 8th playoff spot.. memphis if healthy is not a bottom 8 team and the kings eventually will be a top 10 pic.. i think not top 3 anyway..

Re: 4 pics
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 03:49:37 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Birdman beat you to this thread idea.

https://forum.celticsstrong.com/index.php?topic=98081.0

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 04:26:39 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Would be good to add a 3 and D guy who is ready. Like an upgrade of semi.

Also a Rozier replacement, and maybe a rebounding big. Remember those?

Shame it's a weak class, could maybe trade picks for future picks. Teams in win-now and bloated payrolls might bite
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 04:41:47 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
A guy who I'd be keen on with one of our first rounders, especially ours, is Brian Bowen. We know Ainge was interested in him last year, but Williams fell unexpectedly so it was irrelevant.

His NCAA ineligibility sucks, but he's playing in the Australian NBL and is doing much better than Terrance Ferguson (OKC) was at the same age. The NBL also isn't a bad league, with numerous Summer League guys playing over here.

He's a good scorer, good nose for the ball and has some good length. Could be useful off the bench
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2018, 06:53:10 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Would be good to add a 3 and D guy who is ready. Like an upgrade of semi.

Also a Rozier replacement, and maybe a rebounding big. Remember those?

Shame it's a weak class, could maybe trade picks for future picks. Teams in win-now and bloated payrolls might bite
Yeah, this one may be the most important pick, after the top 10 from Sacto.
I'm keeping an eye on Darius Garland from Vandy. He looks good already but waiting for the competition to ramp up.

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2018, 07:35:18 AM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Take four centers