Author Topic: Sacramento Kings 2018-19 Season Watch Thread  (Read 123554 times)

Re: Sacramento Kings 2018-19 Season Watch Thread
« Reply #465 on: December 03, 2018, 09:42:43 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
The Kings play Phoenix, Cleveland, Indiana ( Without Oladipo?) and Chicago next.
Yikes!!  That'll drop their strength of schedule.

I think they get a bunch of quality teams after that... I really can't see them making the playoffs...

Not worried about them making the playoffs but they are banking wins.  If they win 3 of the next 4, they'll be at 14 wins which is more than half of their projected 25 to 28 wins.

The Suns won’t have Booker, and of course the Cavs won’t have Love, and the Bulls have a few young guys out too.  The Kings are a little lucky with this stretch. 

I don’t see much hope now of catching the Suns, Cavs, Bulls, and Hawks for the race to the bottom.  However if the next grouping stays within 3 wins as it is now going into the home stretch of the season I think we’ll have a chance to move as high as the 5th pick, and somewhere in the range of 5 to 10.

« Reply #466 on: December 03, 2018, 09:50:55 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Bulls could play better when their guys start to come back from injuries and with a new coach. I think the Knicks will want to show porzingas is healthy for potential free agent signings this offseason.

« Reply #467 on: December 03, 2018, 11:17:40 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Bulls could play better when their guys start to come back from injuries and with a new coach. I think the Knicks will want to show porzingas is healthy for potential free agent signings this offseason.
The Bulls and the other 3 bottom teams are already 7 games behind the Kings.  Very unlikely any of them will get ahead of the Kings.  There is no reported timetable for Porzingas' return so that probably means a month at the earliest. 

« Reply #468 on: December 03, 2018, 11:29:02 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
The Bulls and the other 3 bottom teams are already 7 games behind the Kings.  Very unlikely any of them will get ahead of the Kings.  There is no reported timetable for Porzingas' return so that probably means a month at the earliest.

No rea benefit to writing off the teams now. Lot of basketball to play. Knicks certainly have a lot more reason to try and be competitive the rest of the season than some other tanking teams. I think the lakers won like 7 games in a row last march or February

I guess it was 12 wins out of 16

« Reply #469 on: December 04, 2018, 05:50:44 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

No rea benefit to writing off the teams now. Lot of basketball to play. Knicks certainly have a lot more reason to try and be competitive the rest of the season than some other tanking teams. I think the lakers won like 7 games in a row last march or February

Just being realistic.  Per ESPN, the Kings have played to 2nd toughest schedule so far.  The Suns have played a slightly tougher schedule but the other three bottom feeders are in the bottom half of SOS.  The Lakers weren't a bottom feeder.  I think they still had delusions of making the playoffs.  Maybe Chicago still does this season but the other 3 don't. 

The Knicks always have a reason to be competitive and generally fail at it.  Who was the last good free agent that they actually got?  When the Knicks start tanking, they go all in. 

« Reply #470 on: December 04, 2018, 06:14:04 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Just being realistic.  Per ESPN, the Kings have played to 2nd toughest schedule so far.  The Suns have played a slightly tougher schedule but the other three bottom feeders are in the bottom half of SOS.  The Lakers weren't a bottom feeder.  I think they still had delusions of making the playoffs.  Maybe Chicago still does this season but the other 3 don't. 

The Knicks always have a reason to be competitive and generally fail at it.  Who was the last good free agent that they actually got?  When the Knicks start tanking, they go all in.

How often do they have cap space? They whiffed on James the first time but landed Amare.

I don’t think they tank, they are just incompetent.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #471 on: December 04, 2018, 09:49:31 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Kings up 46-13. Good grief Suns...
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #472 on: December 04, 2018, 10:00:14 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
Tanktastic.  So what is it this year:  Tryin' for Zion? 

« Reply #473 on: December 04, 2018, 10:03:44 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Tanktastic.  So what is it this year:  Tryin' for Zion?

I like Tryin' for Zion!

How about I've got a need for Reid!

I've got a fetish for Reddish!

« Reply #474 on: December 04, 2018, 10:15:03 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Meh. The trade was a win anyway. Sac pick is just house money

« Reply #475 on: December 04, 2018, 10:49:17 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Assuming that the range of possible outcomes from the Kings pick does not include "Jayson Tatum forgets how to shoot and craters his entire career," I'm good with pretty much anything that happens.

« Reply #476 on: December 04, 2018, 11:02:10 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
If the Kings pick doesn't work as planned...like Zion-planned

We basically drafted Jayson Tatum as a #1 pick using the #3 pick. Ah well. At least there's that Kings pick that might not be lottery-bound.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #477 on: December 04, 2018, 11:38:56 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Dissapointed in this pick right now and that Doc Rivers has suddenly become a legit coach again when we are due that pick as well....Suns are horrendous every year.......

« Reply #478 on: December 04, 2018, 11:59:21 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
It’s not fair to disparage the pick today

The suns  are the worst team.
 isn’t even close

« Reply #479 on: December 05, 2018, 12:16:30 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
It’s not fair to disparage the pick today

The suns  are the worst team.
 isn’t even close
Bulls, Cavs and Hawks are close to the Suns.  The Suns have played the toughest schedule.  19 of their 24 opponents are .500 or above.