Author Topic: Chris Paul wants out  (Read 6513 times)

Re: Yahoo Sports: CP3 wants out of HOU
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2019, 04:51:08 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
Hayward for Chis Paul if Paul agrees to eliminate final year player option. Not sure if that’s possible?
I mean its possible, but I'd much rather have Hayward.

On this Celtics team? If the Celtics lose Irving, which it’s looking like, a fairly overpaid high caliber PG is more compatible than an overpaid wing, with the way this roster is constructed. Don’t you agree? Otherwise you need another ball handler. If you resign Horford and Rozier walks you have a hole with no cap space. What are some better options? I bet someone like Beverley gets $10M, same with Rubio
Yes on this Celtics team.

I don't want a control freak who's make 40 million per year in his age 34/35 season. Rather take the chance on Hayward and hope he is like Paul George and recovers his former form.
Yeah I still think people are way too critical of Hayward a year away from his 2nd surgery on the ankle. Any1 who thought he would come right back into all star form were delusional.

After his 1st surgery I said I'd give him to all star break to really show where hes at. Then he had to have the 2nd surgery last summer which completely tossed out a summer of 5on5's to get back into game shape.

With all that said he still had a few shining moments last year and I'd like to hope he come back into form this year similar to PG13.

Then you look at an aging cp3 who is clearly in decline mode at age 35 this year and is making $10 million more than Hayward. Who also seems to bump heads and cause drama with multiple teammates. We just went thru that last year lol. It's a no for me dawg.
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2019, 04:52:29 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
I do still think Chris Paul can play though, I think his high IQ game will age well despite the overpay.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2019, 04:55:25 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Paul on this team would make Kyrie experience seem like kindergarten.Boston would chew him up alive and I would rather keep Hayward. I am not one to trade away someone who actually chose Boston and is at the bottom of his value right now.

Lets see how Hayward is at start of next season before jettisoning him for a big cup of poison. Paul and our young players would be like drinking a cocktail from the Dominican Republic.

Why would we wish that on ourselves? Not like addition of Paul is going to push us to the top either. I say it would send us in the other direction like right after you reach the top of the roller coaster summit. Just say No!

Lets hope Danny’s obsession with him died a few years ago.

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2019, 04:57:47 PM »

Offline Billz401

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 101
  • B's Up
I do still think Chris Paul can play though, I think his high IQ game will age well despite the overpay.
I think so too. Gotta give him the Kawhi management tho and give him about 25-30 games off throughout the year so hes okay in playoffs. Last few seasons hes really just fell apart in the playoffs for Houston. If he didnt get hurt vs GSW 2 years ago we might be looking at a totally different NBA landscape right now
everyone got so sensitive after 9-11... thanks alot bin laden

Re: Chris Paul wants out
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2019, 05:16:31 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
I doubt Ainge will go after any PG in trade. He'll sign Rozier and hope he can restore the chemistry Rozier, Tatum and Brown had when they got the the finals against Cleveland. But they also have Hayward playing now, and you don't know what he's going to do to the chemistry. Stevens lost some luster because of his bias toward Hayward early last year. Or the perception of it by some of the younger players. There could well be a hangover there.

« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2019, 05:36:09 PM »

Offline crimcartel

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 13
Maybe not....

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2019, 05:38:27 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 638
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Never.

« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2019, 05:52:17 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
If I were a Rockets fan, I’d want to drive Harden to the airport myself. They’d be better if he walked and left the team with nothing in return. After coming so close to making the finals the year prior ... A 50ish win team with chemistry problems that gets dominated in 5 games in the 2nd round is clearly all harden’s fault. He’s a terrible leader and his teammates hate him. Good riddance.

« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2019, 06:33:46 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I'm passing on Paul contract or not.  People forget he was also a very ball dominant player before he met Harden.  Given his age as well, I do not see him as a good fit for this team.

« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2019, 06:44:07 PM »

Offline Jiri Welsch

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 349
If I were a Rockets fan, I’d want to drive Harden to the airport myself. They’d be better if he walked and left the team with nothing in return. After coming so close to making the finals the year prior ... A 50ish win team with chemistry problems that gets dominated in 5 games in the 2nd round is clearly all harden’s fault. He’s a terrible leader and his teammates hate him. Good riddance.

One player was actually playing when his team almost made the finals. One player also is an MVP candidate for at least a few more years. One player also is signed long term and not a constant distraction in the media.

Nice try, but as usual not funny/entirely accurate.

« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2019, 06:48:23 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
No one wants that contract lol!

« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2019, 06:50:35 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Sorry Houston you made this bed, now sleep in it.

« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2019, 06:54:22 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2019, 07:25:42 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yxp5qua9

it would be a little interesting to think of the lineup for 1 year at least,  Too bad Chris Pauls wheels will fall off the rest of the years most likley.  We all know things that look good on paper don't always work out but you never know.

Starters

Paul, Brown, Tatum, Horford & Capela.

A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #74 on: June 18, 2019, 07:26:21 PM »

Offline Humble G

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 983
Detroit maybe.

But a landing spot I see happening here is in Charlotte if the hornets lose Kemba.

Batum and biyombo

Detroit makes some sense perhaps

What bout Washington with Wall and mahinmi?
Or Minnesota with Wiggins and dieng?
Miami with dragic and waiters?