Author Topic: Trade idea: Rozier + Yabusele/Morris + Pick for Isaac  (Read 4170 times)

Re: Trade idea: Rozier + Yabusele/Morris + Pick for Isaac
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2018, 05:31:58 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Rather send Rozier the Kings pick and Yabu for Bamba.
ask yourself, if you were Sacramento, would you do that deal?

no shot.

Considering Bamba isn’t on Sacramento, it does pose a problem.

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2018, 05:42:02 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

no shot.

these bottom feeders all blend together. Orlando's pretty much been Eastern Sacramento since Dwight left anyway.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2018, 09:15:34 AM »

Offline Raul C

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
I really like Rozier but I would pull the trigger on Roz/Yabu/pick for Isaac.

All day erryday.

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 11:12:11 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Isaac is way more valuable than Rozier and scraps.

No shot Orlando even entertains this

Actually think the opposite. Isaac has proven nothing. Rozier led a team to the brink of the Finals. You need a lot more than Isaac. Lol...

Doesn’t matter what he has “proven”. He is probably their most coveted player now. Several podcasts said he was the best player in summer league by far.

He is not getting moved. Let it go.

Ok, fine, well, let's just trade for Anthony Davis then.  ;D
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 11:18:14 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen

no shot.

these bottom feeders all blend together. Orlando's pretty much been Eastern Sacramento since Dwight left anyway.

I wouldn't do this.  I was all for consolidating assets, including the Sacto pick, to move up in the draft and get Carter Jr and Jackson Jr, both of whom look a lot better than Bamba IMO.  I'm not trading the Sacto pick now for the runt of the lottery big man litter. 

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2018, 11:25:15 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 306
Not sure where all this is coming from on Isaac being a summer league megastar. He shot 13 for 37. That's flat out awful. Other than the game where he had a bunch of blocks, I didn't see a whole lot. He still can't shoot the 3 (but still keeps shooting it). His offensive game looks no more sophisticated than what we might expect from Williams.

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2018, 12:09:40 PM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
Not sure where all this is coming from on Isaac being a summer league megastar. He shot 13 for 37. That's flat out awful. Other than the game where he had a bunch of blocks, I didn't see a whole lot. He still can't shoot the 3 (but still keeps shooting it). His offensive game looks no more sophisticated than what we might expect from Williams.

Yeah, I watched the Orlando-Phoenix game with a glut of NBA bigs- Ayton, Bamba, Isaac & Bender and Ayton looked the best, with Isaac probably 2nd best, but he didn't do much of anything on offense.  I'd be tempted to do this deal, but I'm not sold on Isaac.

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2018, 09:10:59 AM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
C's                                          Wiz                                      Kings
PF Labissiere                            Pf Morris                              Pf Smith
PG Mason III                                                                       Pf Yabusele
                                                                                          Celtics 1st rnd pick this year

Release Purvis  Resign Bird
Celtics under lux tax

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2018, 09:30:21 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Won't the Magic just be able to sign Rozier to a contract if they want him instead of trading their best young piece?

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2018, 09:47:16 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Yeah, I watched the Orlando-Phoenix game with a glut of NBA bigs- Ayton, Bamba, Isaac & Bender and Ayton looked the best, with Isaac probably 2nd best, but he didn't do much of anything on offense.  I'd be tempted to do this deal, but I'm not sold on Isaac.

He is a very poor offensive player. Last year he had 93 points per 100 possessions - in the 3d percentile for big men. He keeps taking long 2s, even though he misses a lot of them. When he attacks closeouts, he often can't finish - he picks up the ball early and takes those long strides. It looks great when he's getting by his man, but then he doesn't have the leg or core strength to finish strong and he misses a lot or gets blocked.

His defense, at least, isn't bad, but he does not have the body to bang with real bigs.

He might develop into a good player, or he might not. I wouldn't give up much for him now.

« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2018, 10:03:24 AM »

Offline OHCeltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Magic will have to sign Rozier to an offer sheet. Rozier is a restricted free agent next year

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2018, 10:04:04 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

no shot.

I wouldn't do this.  I was all for consolidating assets, including the Sacto pick, to move up in the draft and get Carter Jr and Jackson Jr, both of whom look a lot better than Bamba IMO.  I'm not trading the Sacto pick now for the runt of the lottery big man litter.

This. I don't know if we had a shot at Carter, but I would have given up the Kings pick to get him. I think Carter is going to be a Horford-like player, and would slot in beautifully next to Tatum and Brown - for four cost-controlled years. (JJJ was also on my list, but I figured he would be even more expensive.)

If the Kings pick lands 2-5 next year I probably won't be too disappointed, but still, Carter looks very good.