Author Topic: Heat (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game #2 4/24/24  (Read 12394 times)

Re: Heat (0-1) at Celtics (1-0) Round 1 Game #2 4/24/24
« Reply #525 on: April 24, 2024, 09:55:10 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Tatum +8 in 41 minutes

Brown -20 in 37 minutes

Pretty much sums up the last 7 years.

for gawds sake are you even watching the game.  Brown has played well.  plus minus doesnt tell the whole story so stupid
We've seen this for 7 years.  When Brown has these great shooting games, he is generally playing selfish ball and doesn't work as hard defensively.  It is years and years of the same thing. Tatum played 41 minutes and Boston outscored the Heat by 6 points.  Tatum sits on the bench and Brown has to step up and Boston gets outscored by 16 points in the 7 minutes Tatum rested.  In game 1, Brown took just 12 shots, he had 3 assists, and just 1 turnover.  He was +17 in the 34 minutes. He played much better team ball.  That is the Brown we need.  Not the Brown from tonight when he took more shots than Tatum and had nearly double the shots of the 3rd person.  Gunner mode Brown is not good for the team, even when he is hitting shots because he doesn't play team ball.  He had just 1 assist, he turned it over 3 times, and his defense wasn't very good.

While I generally agree with the advanced stats and impact of JT versus JB, I don't think this is the issue tonight.

Rather, the issue was that when Tatum was out it was largely with Joe going with the double big lineup that was an awful decision and choice all night long with them killing us from three off the high PnR. That's the more relevant aspect of the on-off numbers with Tatum, at least. In this case at least, JB being part of that lineup seems more coincidence than a cause of its futility.

« Reply #526 on: April 24, 2024, 09:55:20 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 674
  • MASTER OF PANIC
This “historically good super team” just lost home court advantage in round 1 game 2 against the worst team in the playoffs without their best player.

They. Are. Frauds.

Same ole story

Let’s see how they respond in game 3. Still think they win in 5.

You have more confidence than me. The way that game just played out and tatums  disgusting body language has me shook. Miami has literally nothing to lose and this is a legacy defining playoff run for some of these Celtics. Lots of pressure. It’s not going to be a cake walk in Miami and I have no idea why anybody would think that or that the Heat are not going to play well again. I guarantee you the Heat will play well again.

Don’t think it will be a cake walk but Boston plays well in Miami. If they lay an egg in game three then they is real worry that this team is just never going to get out of their own way

Tatum is a headcase. When he doesn’t get calls that he thinks he deserves it just Infiltrates his entire game. That is a concern.

« Reply #527 on: April 24, 2024, 09:55:41 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1574
I feel like I owe Marcus Smart an apology.

LOL was just thinking about him
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #528 on: April 24, 2024, 09:56:08 PM »

Online Indocelts

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 236
IT LITERALLY TOOK JOE UNTIL 30 SECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME TO GO SMALL WITH NO KP OR AL. MY GOD IS HE INCOMPETENT.

I would have went small in the first quarter.  The only way the Heat can win is if they light us up from 3.  Joe's dumbass double big lineup got them going.  They made back to back 3's when Joe made that decision.  It was all downhill from there.

Pretty sure that coincided with icing Tatum after ten straight points in the first, too. Gave them the momentum that they rode the rest of the game.

That was crazy. Tatum comes out on fire, but we have to sit him after 5 minutes because that was the planned rotation and you can't deviate from the plan. How do you not just let him continue to cook out there?
This is what I've been saying, he has zero feel for the game. This is what year 3 of his coaching career at any level?

Agreed. He also took out Jrue after he made a steal, twice. The timing of his substitution could have been better.

« Reply #529 on: April 24, 2024, 09:56:58 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 555
Well s***, if the other team shoots 54% from three on high volume then you're gonna lose.  That just is what it is.

Onto the next one.

Most optimistic take. Thanks. Yeah, 23-43 is difficult to defeat, especially when you are shooting a pedestrian 12-32.   33 point differential.  The downside of the take is -- they had way too many good looks.

This is the most important point, though. It wasn't like they were hitting super contested, difficult threes. We were gift wrapping them wide open threes of the PnR because of a poor defensive gameplan and lack of adjustments.

You can't claim a fluke when you're giving them wide open threes. They're still professional basketball players on a team that is known for three point shooting.
They're not going to shoot that well from 3 in three more games.  If they had gone 19-43, they would have shot an excellent 44% but lost the game. 

« Reply #530 on: April 24, 2024, 09:57:01 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 179
Tatum +8 in 41 minutes

Brown -20 in 37 minutes

Pretty much sums up the last 7 years.

for gawds sake are you even watching the game.  Brown has played well.  plus minus doesnt tell the whole story so stupid
We've seen this for 7 years.  When Brown has these great shooting games, he is generally playing selfish ball and doesn't work as hard defensively.  It is years and years of the same thing. Tatum played 41 minutes and Boston outscored the Heat by 6 points.  Tatum sits on the bench and Brown has to step up and Boston gets outscored by 16 points in the 7 minutes Tatum rested.  In game 1, Brown took just 12 shots, he had 3 assists, and just 1 turnover.  He was +17 in the 34 minutes. He played much better team ball.  That is the Brown we need.  Not the Brown from tonight when he took more shots than Tatum and had nearly double the shots of the 3rd person.  Gunner mode Brown is not good for the team, even when he is hitting shots because he doesn't play team ball.  He had just 1 assist, he turned it over 3 times, and  his defense wasn't very good.

You don’t think it has anything to do with the lineups that were out there with Jaylen? lol they literally did nothing.
Your take is valid in years/games past.
Jaylen was better than Jayson tonight. Really not even close and I couldn’t care less what your plus minus says. Jayson looked scared and like he was about to cry or get stuff in a locker. Horrible.

« Reply #531 on: April 24, 2024, 09:57:06 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2012
IT LITERALLY TOOK JOE UNTIL 30 SECONDS LEFT IN THE GAME TO GO SMALL WITH NO KP OR AL. MY GOD IS HE INCOMPETENT.

I would have went small in the first quarter.  The only way the Heat can win is if they light us up from 3.  Joe's dumbass double big lineup got them going.  They made back to back 3's when Joe made that decision.  It was all downhill from there.

Pretty sure that coincided with icing Tatum after ten straight points in the first, too. Gave them the momentum that they rode the rest of the game.

It was.  We both remarked that it was a stupid decision at the time it happened in the first quarter.

« Reply #532 on: April 24, 2024, 09:57:29 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I’m more concerned about Joe still than anything.

He has zero feel for coaching a playoff game

« Reply #533 on: April 24, 2024, 09:59:06 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 179
Well s***, if the other team shoots 54% from three on high volume then you're gonna lose.  That just is what it is.

Onto the next one.

Most optimistic take. Thanks. Yeah, 23-43 is difficult to defeat, especially when you are shooting a pedestrian 12-32.   33 point differential.  The downside of the take is -- they had way too many good looks.

This is the most important point, though. It wasn't like they were hitting super contested, difficult threes. We were gift wrapping them wide open threes of the PnR because of a poor defensive gameplan and lack of adjustments.

You can't claim a fluke when you're giving them wide open threes. They're still professional basketball players on a team that is known for three point shooting.
They're not going to shoot that well from 3 in three more games.  If they had gone 19-43, they would have shot an excellent 44% but lost the game.

Why do people continue to bank on the heat not shooting well? God it’s like I’m re living last years nightmare.
They will shoot well the rest of the series and continue to compete at a high level. The heat will not go away.

« Reply #534 on: April 24, 2024, 10:02:10 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951

Onto the next one.

Very unlikely, but the difference is Spo will continue to adjust to get the most out of his inferior roster. The same simply cannot be said about Joe, who demonstrated complete futility when it came to making any kind of adjustment tonight.

« Reply #535 on: April 24, 2024, 10:10:25 PM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1242
This “historically good super team” just lost home court advantage in round 1 game 2 against the worst team in the playoffs without their best player.

They. Are. Frauds.

Same ole story

Let’s see how they respond in game 3. Still think they win in 5.

I really hope so. I was hoping they’d get 2 at home and one in Miami. Now they’d have to get 2 on the road if they were to win 4-1. I actually wouldn’t mind going 4-2. Just no game 7 please.

« Reply #536 on: April 24, 2024, 10:10:54 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1008
Miami fans wanted Boston, cuz they knew they'd fold like lawn chairs. Smh

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #537 on: April 24, 2024, 10:11:45 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2536

Onto the next one.

Why do people continue to bank on the heat not shooting well? God it’s like I’m re living last years nightmare.
They will shoot well the rest of the series and continue to compete at a high level. The heat will not go away.

You are remarkably consistent in giving opponents benefit of doubt while giving none to the 64-win Celtics.

Ultimately we all know that they have a pretty large mountain to climb if they are going to win a title this year. I don’t think you are alone in having doubts. Most of us don’t need to say it every time the Cs look bad. But we get it.  Coaching issues. Toughness issues. Finishing issues.  But still a talented, 64-win team who didn’t just get eliminated from the playoffs.   I’m still interested in seeing how they respond on Saturday and Monday. 

« Reply #538 on: April 24, 2024, 10:11:48 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Onto the next one.

Don’t think they make 24 threes in a game again. Miami has struggled to score all season. They got hot tonight on a lot of wide open 3s. Hat tip to them. But I think water will find its level in game 3

« Reply #539 on: April 24, 2024, 10:11:54 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 395

Onto the next one.

This isn’t necessarily the right way to go about these things. NBA players can shoot when they’re comfortable. We saw that all of last year’s series.

C’s have to adjust. Hoping they miss isn’t good enough

- LilRip