Author Topic: He trying to trade the whole team. Trade or fire Ainge please.....  (Read 9120 times)

Re: He trying to trade the whole team. Trade or fire Ainge please.....
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2013, 11:09:10 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
ok. Prepare your letter, I'll hand deliver it to Danny Ainge tomorrow.

cpoy furnish Wyc and Pags with your recommendation as to who our next GM will be.
Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2013, 11:10:57 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
everyone is blaming Danny but he has to do what the ownership tells him to do
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2013, 11:15:16 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Eugen, Danny felt that KG and Pierce couldn't lead us to a championship anymore so he moved them for assets.
We'll probably have to suck for a while but he'll build us back up to the top again.
I'm assuming Rondo is probably traded too.
If there were some good free agents he'd try and sign them but there's just none this year (other than Dwight and Chris Paul and they not coming here).
Guys like Josh Smith, Millsap, Al jefferson are good players but we need legit All Stars- those players really aren't good enough to compete with Miami, Chicago, the Heat, OKC etc...Jeff Green isn't good enough to help Rondo win us a title either with those guys so unfortunately the best option now is probably to go after some potential superstars in the draft.
I know there are no guarantees in any draft but it's our best option while we wait for the real 'franchise' players to come on the free agent market in 2 years time. (Kevin Love, Kevin Durant, Marc Gasol etc- they are all free agents then).

Unfortunately as KG and Pierce got older, their trade value went down. He had to move them to a contender while he had the chance to get something back for them.
Because all the free agents this off season suck, there's no options for us so he's basically gonna collect up as much easter eggs (draft picks, young guys with upside) and put them in his basket and wait for the right moment to strike. To get these picks he has to match salary so he's got to take back Gerald Wallace and Bogans (who both suck BAD). That doesn't matter though because we aren't trying to win games next season. We want our young guys to develop and get better so when the time comes and we can sign someone like Kevin Love in 2015, they'll be ready to compete. More importantly, while we are waiting for guys like Love and Durant to hit the market, we need to get the best shot at getting some elite draft picks. I want you to look up the following names on Youtube and watch their videos. They're young and some of them will suck or be injured and never become stars. But trust me I've followed college basketball and the NBA draft for a long time and this draft is better than the draft Lebron, Carmelo, Wade and Bosh all came from. It's deeper and getting one or two of those top 5-10 picks WHILE we wait for Kevin Love would put us in an amazing position for 10 years of heaven for 2-3 years of pain. Check these guys out, even missing out on Wiggins there are another 3 or 4 guys that are very serious potential All Stars.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1681233-nba-draft-2014-big-board-a-preview-of-next-years-potential-class

I'm not saying tanking always works out and you have to be very lucky but if we look at the last 10 years of NBA title winners or teams that made the finals- they got there with one of their 'franchise' players being drafted by their own team during a rebuilding/bottom of the league phase.
examples:
Spurs: Duncan
Lakers: Kobe
Heat: Wade
Celtics: Pierce
Magic: Howard
Cavs: Lebron
Nets: Jason Kidd (one day after the draft for Marbury and the 7th pick), Kneyon Martin
Mavs: Dirk

In fact the only team that didn't have their own lottery draft pick or a trade within 1 day of that years draft is the Pistons. Their break actually came when they traded Grant Hill for Ben Wallace from the Wizards and started to build around him. They got a big break with him and they also nailed the 23rd pick with Tayshaun Prince who was a key piece to that team obviously.

You can't win forever and eventually you have to hang up your shoes and rebuild.
Danny's one of the best at this. I know he's not perfect but ask yourself why are the other GM's of teams like the Rockets, Magic and OKC Thunder copying his strategy?
Enjoy the ride. KG and Pierce are gone. It's a new era.

Nobody is asking DA to winn NBA title. By the ay, imagine LAL trading Koby and Gasol in the same time? No chance

« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2013, 11:24:13 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Eugen, Danny felt that KG and Pierce couldn't lead us to a championship anymore so he moved them for assets.
We'll probably have to suck for a while but he'll build us back up to the top again.
I'm assuming Rondo is probably traded too.
If there were some good free agents he'd try and sign them but there's just none this year (other than Dwight and Chris Paul and they not coming here).
Guys like Josh Smith, Millsap, Al jefferson are good players but we need legit All Stars- those players really aren't good enough to compete with Miami, Chicago, the Heat, OKC etc...Jeff Green isn't good enough to help Rondo win us a title either with those guys so unfortunately the best option now is probably to go after some potential superstars in the draft.
I know there are no guarantees in any draft but it's our best option while we wait for the real 'franchise' players to come on the free agent market in 2 years time. (Kevin Love, Kevin Durant, Marc Gasol etc- they are all free agents then).

Unfortunately as KG and Pierce got older, their trade value went down. He had to move them to a contender while he had the chance to get something back for them.
Because all the free agents this off season suck, there's no options for us so he's basically gonna collect up as much easter eggs (draft picks, young guys with upside) and put them in his basket and wait for the right moment to strike. To get these picks he has to match salary so he's got to take back Gerald Wallace and Bogans (who both suck BAD). That doesn't matter though because we aren't trying to win games next season. We want our young guys to develop and get better so when the time comes and we can sign someone like Kevin Love in 2015, they'll be ready to compete. More importantly, while we are waiting for guys like Love and Durant to hit the market, we need to get the best shot at getting some elite draft picks. I want you to look up the following names on Youtube and watch their videos. They're young and some of them will suck or be injured and never become stars. But trust me I've followed college basketball and the NBA draft for a long time and this draft is better than the draft Lebron, Carmelo, Wade and Bosh all came from. It's deeper and getting one or two of those top 5-10 picks WHILE we wait for Kevin Love would put us in an amazing position for 10 years of heaven for 2-3 years of pain. Check these guys out, even missing out on Wiggins there are another 3 or 4 guys that are very serious potential All Stars.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1681233-nba-draft-2014-big-board-a-preview-of-next-years-potential-class

I'm not saying tanking always works out and you have to be very lucky but if we look at the last 10 years of NBA title winners or teams that made the finals- they got there with one of their 'franchise' players being drafted by their own team during a rebuilding/bottom of the league phase.
examples:
Spurs: Duncan
Lakers: Kobe
Heat: Wade
Celtics: Pierce
Magic: Howard
Cavs: Lebron
Nets: Jason Kidd (one day after the draft for Marbury and the 7th pick), Kneyon Martin
Mavs: Dirk

In fact the only team that didn't have their own lottery draft pick or a trade within 1 day of that years draft is the Pistons. Their break actually came when they traded Grant Hill for Ben Wallace from the Wizards and started to build around him. They got a big break with him and they also nailed the 23rd pick with Tayshaun Prince who was a key piece to that team obviously.

You can't win forever and eventually you have to hang up your shoes and rebuild.
Danny's one of the best at this. I know he's not perfect but ask yourself why are the other GM's of teams like the Rockets, Magic and OKC Thunder copying his strategy?
Enjoy the ride. KG and Pierce are gone. It's a new era.

Nobody is asking DA to winn NBA title. By the ay, imagine LAL trading Koby and Gasol in the same time? No chance

Nobody is asking him to win a title?
I am. The fans are. His bosses are.
What's the point of being in the NBA if you're not trying to get a title as soon as possible?

And do you know who the Lakers two most likely trade candidates are at the moment?
Dwight is a free agent but actual Lakers on the roster for next season?
Pau Gasol and Kobe Bryant.
Probably the two most likely players to get amnestied (Kobe) or traded (Pau) if Dwight leaves.
In fact their pitch to get Dwight to stay may be to tell him they're dumping Kobe.

You just want to hang on to the good old days while KG and Pierce just rot away and barely make the playoffs against the young and upcoming teams? That's not fair to Pierce or KG. Give them a real chance and let them go be role players on a real contender before they both get arthritus.

You don't have to agree with what Ainge is doing, but at least make sure you understand what he's trying to do.
He's trying to make us better for the future, faster.

You gotta let it go man.
It hurts but you gotta move on. This isn't 2008. It's 6 years into a 4 year window.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2013, 11:40:10 AM »

Offline rjb182

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 10
I think it's important to understand what this franchise went through in the wake of the Bird/McHale/Parrish era to understand what Ainge is doing now.

Don't get me wrong. Larry Bird was my favorite player. Parrish and McHale were in a group with DJ for #'s 2-4. I would have gone ballistic if we'd traded them. But that era ended badly. Like, really badly.

Bird became a shadow of himself, gave us one last great playoff game, and then retired abruptly. McHale became a shadow of a shadow-- the 7th or 8th best player on the team in his final year. Parrish wandered off to become the 13th man on a 12-man roster with the Bulls. Because of the Bias and Lewis tragedies, the reinforcements for them never arrived.

That's what you get in the salary cap era if you hang onto sentiment for too long. Ainge has said repeatedly he's learned from that era, and he's trying not to repeat it.

He's made some missteps on the way. The Perk trade was a good one in terms of talent, but it was made at the wrong time and ripped the heart out of a promising team. Constantly trying to replace Allen might have angered him and ended our window a year too soon. Or maybe we should have accepted the cost and blown it all up two years ago. I dunno; either way, it's hard to argue Ainge has been perfect.

But at least he's doing something. He's stockpiling picks and trying to put us in a position to make a splash in 2-3 years. And it stands at least some chance of working, which our old course did not.

Memories of the past are a wonderful thing, but I'd rather have hope for the future.

« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2013, 11:40:50 AM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
These threads are getting old, just make one thread for people to vent in.

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2013, 11:40:58 AM »

Offline NYDan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
That is absolutely what we are asking Ainge and the Celtics organization to do, and to do it repeatedly. We need at least one all time great and a highly competitive complimentary cast to do so if history is any indication. Hall of famers get old, familiar faces change. It's not DA's fault if some fans can't see past what's in front of them right now, let alone 5 years down the line.

That's not to say every move will work out, but a team of hodgepodge vets that gets the 6-8 seed and bows out to the Heat year in and year out is not the future of this organization. We are not the Knicks, patching up holes with names to sell tickets, content to be good but not good enough - we're going to do this the way it needs to be done, painful as it might be in the short term.

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2013, 11:41:19 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Perk gone, KG gone, Ray gone, PP gone...Doc gone...Now even Rodno is gona go for exchange of scrap for Dallas...He trying to trade the whole team, whole the franchise. Trade Ainge please.....or fire him!

I have no problem with Ainge dealing away guys that will likely not lead us to another title.

My only problem with Danny is that he probably should've started the rebuilding the year after we lost to the Lakers in the 2010 finals.

I think 2010 was our real final legit shot at winning another title. I know we made it to the 2012 ECF, but I submit that had more to do with luck than anything else (Rose going down, Bosh being out for half of the Celtics series.)

If he did so then, KG and Pierce would've had even more trade value and we really could've expedited the rebuild process by doing so.

« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2013, 12:04:50 PM »

Offline paidthecost2betheboss

• Al Horford
These threads are getting old, just make one thread for people to vent in.

Yeah, before that could we put all hypothetical often technically or financially (sometimes both) IMPOSSIBLE trade ideas in one giant fantasy thread where they can talk about whatever comic books they read after getting tired. >:(

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2013, 12:16:06 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
yalets calm down here people.  It was inevitable and you have to do whats best for the future

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2013, 12:35:13 PM »

Offline jv2764

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 27
Perk gone, KG gone, Ray gone, PP gone...Doc gone...Now even Rodno is gona go for exchange of scrap for Dallas...He trying to trade the whole team, whole the franchise. Trade Ainge please.....or fire him!
The statement above is precisely why you are a FAN and not running a multi million dollar business.  Perk turned into Green which is a trade you do any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  The infatuation with Perk on this site is beyond me.  He didn't trade Ray.  Ray LEFT as a free agent and for less MONEY.  KG is a 37 year old center.  Not 33, Not 34, Not 35, Not 36 and has been playing in the NBA since he was 18.  PP is 36.  The lift is gone in his game. You have to get something before they walk away and get nothing.  If you think that you let PP salary expire next year and KG retires and you have cap space and that a major free agent is coming here you are sadly mistaken. This had to be done by DA!

« Reply #41 on: June 30, 2013, 12:39:17 PM »

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
This again?  Don't bother wasting your breath (or keystrokes, if you will).

Danny is doing what he thinks is best for the team.  We just got 4 first round picks total for an unsatisfied coach and two aged (not aging, AGED) veterans who wouldn't have lead us to banner 18.  He will not be getting fired any time soon.  Get over it.

« Reply #42 on: June 30, 2013, 12:41:43 PM »

Offline bleedGREENdon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 29
The statement above is precisely why you are a FAN and not running a multi million dollar business.  Perk turned into Green which is a trade you do any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  The infatuation with Perk on this site is beyond me.  He didn't trade Ray.  Ray LEFT as a free agent and for less MONEY.  KG is a 37 year old center.  Not 33, Not 34, Not 35, Not 36 and has been playing in the NBA since he was 18.  PP is 36.  The lift is gone in his game. You have to get something before they walk away and get nothing.  If you think that you let PP salary expire next year and KG retires and you have cap space and that a major free agent is coming here you are sadly mistaken. This had to be done by DA!
\

THANK YOU

« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2013, 06:01:24 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
I think it's important to understand what this franchise went through in the wake of the Bird/McHale/Parrish era to understand what Ainge is doing now.

Don't get me wrong. Larry Bird was my favorite player. Parrish and McHale were in a group with DJ for #'s 2-4. I would have gone ballistic if we'd traded them. But that era ended badly. Like, really badly.

Bird became a shadow of himself, gave us one last great playoff game, and then retired abruptly. McHale became a shadow of a shadow-- the 7th or 8th best player on the team in his final year. Parrish wandered off to become the 13th man on a 12-man roster with the Bulls. Because of the Bias and Lewis tragedies, the reinforcements for them never arrived.

That's what you get in the salary cap era if you hang onto sentiment for too long. Ainge has said repeatedly he's learned from that era, and he's trying not to repeat it.

He's made some missteps on the way. The Perk trade was a good one in terms of talent, but it was made at the wrong time and ripped the heart out of a promising team. Constantly trying to replace Allen might have angered him and ended our window a year too soon. Or maybe we should have accepted the cost and blown it all up two years ago. I dunno; either way, it's hard to argue Ainge has been perfect.

But at least he's doing something. He's stockpiling picks and trying to put us in a position to make a splash in 2-3 years. And it stands at least some chance of working, which our old course did not.

Memories of the past are a wonderful thing, but I'd rather have hope for the future.

KG has 2 years from 3 years contract. PP can play for at least 3 seasons more. There is no chance to get rid of them if you are gone built. Bulding around whom? Remember Sacramento Kings after Webber, Divac and Stojakovic what happened...Pistons after Billups and Wallace went out... Rebuilding needs experience players on the team. So, was better keeping KG and PP for reduced salary than sending them medium level players from Brooklyn. At this point our GM is absolutely wrong...Is a fact DA lost the control of situation, and GOD knows what he is gone do next...Catastrophe

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2013, 06:14:51 PM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
It is too late to fire Ainge.  Stick his nose in it and hold his head there until he comes up with a team...if he can.  (Incidentally, I wouldn't do that to a dog!)
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!