Author Topic: He trying to trade the whole team. Trade or fire Ainge please.....  (Read 9121 times)

Re: He trying to trade the whole team. Trade or fire Ainge please.....
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2013, 11:31:32 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
A small handful of GMs have built NBA championship teams.  Red Auerbach, Jerry Krause, Pat Riley and Jerry West were GM for about half of all NBA's championships. 

30 GMs compete each year for a championship and only 1 wins.

I have no idea how many GMs have never developed an NBA champion, but it is for sure that there have been hundreds. 

Danny Ainge is in an elite class of GMs just for having built 1 champion.  That doesn't give him lifetime tenure, but does afford him some respect (in my opinion) on the heels of putting together a team that in 5 years won a championship, lost in a Game 7 final, lost in a Game 7 ECF, and probably would have won another banner if not for a knee injury to Kevin Garnett. 

This era has been officially over for a few days.  Firing him would be asinine. 

Disagree with his moves all you want, but give us a break and stop calling for his removal please.  Just a request -- obviously you can do whatever you want.

If you believe he was handed the one championship he "delivered," and therefore do not think he could bring us another... and, feel he is a primary reason FAs don't want to come to Boston... it would be easy to want to see someone else in his place. It's that simple.

I'm guilty of arguing this point home in every other thread right now, given that everything is in flux. But the majority of these threads are related to "Danny," his greatness, what the mastermind has up his sleeve next, etc. That's equally annoying to those of us who don't like him as a GM.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2013, 11:36:45 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Didn't you start exactly the same thread a couple of days ago...?

Yeah, it's rinse and repeat. The next thread, titled "Ainge so crazy", should be up and running in about 48 hours.

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2013, 11:40:06 PM »

Offline Mean green30

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 1
Think about do you expect rondo to stay he may not be happy right now if he doesn't like this current team he got a taste of being a champion he wants to be part of a contending team if ainge get j- smoove most like rond will stay. Other than I say trde rondo get Larkin, ledo , cap relief and 1 st round pick for him

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2013, 11:42:18 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
I have confidence in Ainge although I have been riding out some anxiety these last few days.  Rebuilding isnt easy and there are no easy immediate answers.  This is an unfolding series of moves and I am going to be glued to to CB (even moreso than usual).

Ainge's moves gives me a heart attack but I know they will pay off somehow.

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 11:45:05 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Didn't you start exactly the same thread a couple of days ago...?

Yeah, it's rinse and repeat. The next thread, titled "Ainge so crazy", should be up and running in about 48 hours.

Hmmmm....You should be named “adviser” for thread opening process in this forum...Since than ignore my threads

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2013, 12:18:21 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Eugen, Danny felt that KG and Pierce couldn't lead us to a championship anymore so he moved them for assets.
We'll probably have to suck for a while but he'll build us back up to the top again.
I'm assuming Rondo is probably traded too.
If there were some good free agents he'd try and sign them but there's just none this year (other than Dwight and Chris Paul and they not coming here).
Guys like Josh Smith, Millsap, Al jefferson are good players but we need legit All Stars- those players really aren't good enough to compete with Miami, Chicago, the Heat, OKC etc...Jeff Green isn't good enough to help Rondo win us a title either with those guys so unfortunately the best option now is probably to go after some potential superstars in the draft.
I know there are no guarantees in any draft but it's our best option while we wait for the real 'franchise' players to come on the free agent market in 2 years time. (Kevin Love, Kevin Durant, Marc Gasol etc- they are all free agents then).

Unfortunately as KG and Pierce got older, their trade value went down. He had to move them to a contender while he had the chance to get something back for them.
Because all the free agents this off season suck, there's no options for us so he's basically gonna collect up as much easter eggs (draft picks, young guys with upside) and put them in his basket and wait for the right moment to strike. To get these picks he has to match salary so he's got to take back Gerald Wallace and Bogans (who both suck BAD). That doesn't matter though because we aren't trying to win games next season. We want our young guys to develop and get better so when the time comes and we can sign someone like Kevin Love in 2015, they'll be ready to compete. More importantly, while we are waiting for guys like Love and Durant to hit the market, we need to get the best shot at getting some elite draft picks. I want you to look up the following names on Youtube and watch their videos. They're young and some of them will suck or be injured and never become stars. But trust me I've followed college basketball and the NBA draft for a long time and this draft is better than the draft Lebron, Carmelo, Wade and Bosh all came from. It's deeper and getting one or two of those top 5-10 picks WHILE we wait for Kevin Love would put us in an amazing position for 10 years of heaven for 2-3 years of pain. Check these guys out, even missing out on Wiggins there are another 3 or 4 guys that are very serious potential All Stars.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1681233-nba-draft-2014-big-board-a-preview-of-next-years-potential-class

I'm not saying tanking always works out and you have to be very lucky but if we look at the last 10 years of NBA title winners or teams that made the finals- they got there with one of their 'franchise' players being drafted by their own team during a rebuilding/bottom of the league phase.
examples:
Spurs: Duncan
Lakers: Kobe
Heat: Wade
Celtics: Pierce
Magic: Howard
Cavs: Lebron
Nets: Jason Kidd (one day after the draft for Marbury and the 7th pick), Kneyon Martin
Mavs: Dirk

In fact the only team that didn't have their own lottery draft pick or a trade within 1 day of that years draft is the Pistons. Their break actually came when they traded Grant Hill for Ben Wallace from the Wizards and started to build around him. They got a big break with him and they also nailed the 23rd pick with Tayshaun Prince who was a key piece to that team obviously.

You can't win forever and eventually you have to hang up your shoes and rebuild.
Danny's one of the best at this. I know he's not perfect but ask yourself why are the other GM's of teams like the Rockets, Magic and OKC Thunder copying his strategy?
Enjoy the ride. KG and Pierce are gone. It's a new era.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2013, 01:04:36 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Perk gone, KG gone, Ray gone, PP gone...Doc gone...Now even Rodno is gona go for exchange of scrap for Dallas...He trying to trade the whole team, whole the franchise. Trade Ainge please.....or fire him!
I wouldn't trade our current assets for 2013 Kendrick Perkins, 2013 Ray Allen, 2013 Kevin Garnett, 2013 Paul Pierce and 2013 Rajon Rondo.

That team wouldn't win a title.  Perk's slipped considerably.  Ray is a bench shooter.  KG isn't what he once was.  Pierce isn't what he once was.  Rajon is coming off major ACL surgery and might never fully recover.  KG and Pierce might be out of the league by next year... that puts you in a bad position.

In a year or two it's going to be really REALLY hard to argue that we should have stood our ground

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2013, 01:05:47 AM »

Offline thenotoriousjts

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 14
We traded 3 geezers for 8 assets. I really don't think some of you understand how good of a deal that is.
Hint: It's a really good deal.
Feel free to check me out here: https://hardwoodhoudini.com/author/jstevens3/ or here https://hashtagbasketball.com/author/jeremy-stevens

Can't we just bring Gerald Green back?

« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2013, 01:08:48 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Perk gone, KG gone, Ray gone, PP gone...Doc gone...Now even Rodno is gona go for exchange of scrap for Dallas...He trying to trade the whole team, whole the franchise. Trade Ainge please.....or fire him!
I wouldn't trade our current assets for 2013 Kendrick Perkins, 2013 Ray Allen, 2013 Kevin Garnett, 2013 Paul Pierce and 2013 Rajon Rondo.

That team wouldn't win a title.  Perk's slipped considerably.  Ray is a bench shooter.  KG isn't what he once was.  Pierce isn't what he once was.  Rajon is coming off major ACL surgery and might never fully recover.  KG and Pierce might be out of the league by next year... that puts you in a bad position.

In a year or two it's going to be really REALLY hard to argue that we should have stood our ground

If the Perk trade is any indication, I doubt it.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2013, 01:10:06 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

You'd rather have Perk on this team than Jeff Green?  Really?

2012-13 Perk:  4 points, 6 rebounds and 1 block
2012-13 Perk Playoffs:  2.2 points, 3.7 rebounds, 0.5 blocks, 26% shooting

2012-13 Green:  13 points, 4 rebounds, 1.6 assist 47%/39%/81%
2013-13 Green Playoffs:  20 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.3 assist 44%/46%/84%

... I bet if you really really want you, you can trade Jeff for Perk right now.  lol
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 01:17:29 AM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2013, 01:13:17 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Would Ainge trade himself if he could get good enough draft picks?

LOL That is hilarious

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2013, 01:15:27 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket2014

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 2
I think what most people fail to realize is that...

THEY DO THIS FOR A LIVING.

These people in management and scouting have done this for their professional lives. They do know what they are doing. Nobody wanted to see KG, PP, Ray, or Doc go, but everything good has to come to an end.

Danny has consistently said he would not make the same mistake Red would, by keeping the stars around until they eventually left one by one with no return.

Another thing, there's this dude named Lebron James that plays for the Miami Heat, and until you can build a team that can beat him. You are just playing for second in the Eastern Conference.

« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2013, 01:18:40 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

You'd rather have Perk on this team than Jeff Green?  Really?

2012-13 Perk:  4 points, 6 rebounds and 1 block
2012-13 Perk Playoffs:  2.2 points, 3.7 rebounds, 0.5 blocks, 26% shooting

2012-13 Green:  13 points, 4 rebounds, 1.6 assist 47%/39%/81%
2013-13 Green Playoffs:  20 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.3 assist 44%/46%/84%

... I bet if you really really want you, you can trade Jeff for Perk right now.  lol

No, I dug the Perk trade at the time, I still think it was the right move to make.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2013, 09:51:35 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Would Ainge trade himself if he could get good enough draft picks?

2 first rounders he said.
That would be an absolute steal!  Do it!
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2013, 11:08:27 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think he will keep Jeff Green, place RR on medical hold next year and play the young guys and tank.  I hear a lot of rumors about RR but it's other teams wanting them.   DA actually said Bradley, RR and Green and Sully were guys to build around.   I see Bass and Lee being traded.

Ainge is a good GM.   We will still have a team.   I am a fan of the team but I like the players too.   It sucks seeing them go but I will still watch the team.